Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

Are all these NJPW events on New Japan World, or is stuff like Wrestle Kingdom a seperate PPV?

All up on NJPW world except for certain special events like those in America and interpromotional shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This is a very cute angle and almost certainly something come up by someone who's realised how closely these roster pages are tracked by internet weirdos

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jiro posted:

So has there been any word on Cactus Jack Perry being let go from AEW or more like it was a perfect excuse to have him go on an excursion to NJPW, what with him filing for trademarks for a lot of his former gimmicks.

Yes, it's angle for an excursion away from AEW.

The question is if he's only on Strong shows, does indies as well, or is going to Japan.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
What the gently caress

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1748093781348347932

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Meij was right

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
come to ichigaya papi

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Ominously there's also a March surprise coming
https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1748170793530646864

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Champ Ishii

:sickos:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Perfect time for a Dieno match on DDT

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
boo boo face Okada

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Champ Ishii

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
clam diggers and paper pushers

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Sooper Gila posted:

drat, new japan world has stopped working for me. Click on "play" and it starts to load the stream then just goes into an infinite loading loop.

try firefox

when I got that it fixed it for me

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
okada crying like he got beat by Tanahashi

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
urging Hirata fans and fans of way too busy comedy multi-mans to check out the ddt show

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I have it running silent in another window so I can switch between shows during lulls, but the Okada news has me way more focused on what is going on in New Japan right now.

I mean same

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Yuya reminding me of Griff Garrison

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol Taiji making sure O-Khan is gassed before the training

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I love this

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
already in the rest holds

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao Babyface sympathy for O-Khan failing these exercises

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I'm not sure this does any favours for anyone though

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
GoK saw Action Andretti

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Chase Owens has a ring fit match every match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao ELP just dumping the towel on that lady's head

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
really wish NJPW had waaaaaaaaaaaay less stip matches

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The DDT show has had less interference and goofiness

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
what's the point

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
this type of overbooked match if it was once a year in NJPW would have ruled

but sigh the heat is diluted

you're not hearing near enough boos for all that effort

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lamuella posted:

On board with this and I'll go further. They have their own shows for this and we don't film them.

NJPW: Souled Out

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I'm not sure how at risk the Japanese stars the level below Okada are. In both AEW and WWE, there's only a limited amounts of spots unless they go crazy talent hoarding.

Okada is a trophy piece who commands bidding war prices but both companies are heavily pre-disposed against ESL wrestlers who can't cut fluent promos. (Luchadores are slightly different in that Spanish speaking audiences are a growing market in the United States).

The English speaking indies will struggle as their talent gets poached the moment they show more than a little potential. But just as happened in the NXT Black and Gold days, eventually the amount of spots a wrestling company feels like they have to fill gets filled, and there's a bounce back in the indies. It's just that at the moment there's roughly double the spots and a wrestling war going on.

In a weakened market losing your very best and most over young guys is going to sting and the threat will always be there but it's not like AEW has raided DDT further than Takeshita. In fact, I'd say the secondary tier of Japanese promotions are far more likely to be raided by NJPW as reaction to any future losses of talent to AEW/WWE.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Here's another salve. AEW has problems with work rate in the women's division instead of raiding for Joshi talent (who are presumably paid far less than men's wrestlers) they've not touched the scene since that first wave of hires when the strategy was WCW cruiserweights but Japanese women. New hires are exclusively from the west.

WWE seems far more likely to hire Japanese women to fill the gaps in their roster but they've not gone on a spree nor been particularly aggressive hiring Japanese men.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 21, 2024

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
pretty fun this UE vs. Wardogs match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
give this man regular main events

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao

young punks

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
gently caress them kids

inside and outside kayfabe

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Count Thrashula posted:

I'm a refugee from the bad promotion trying to get into NJPW, but it's pretty confusing... I see there's a "The Road to New Beginning" series going on, which I'm assuming is like the string of weekly shows before PPVs in the American promotions. But then there's like 3 different New Beginning shows happening? Are those ... different shows? Or... like a traveling road show? Maybe I'm overthinking this trying to wrap my head around what to watch.

"Road Tos" are recorded house shows, so they're focused on building storylines for the next big show and doing crowd pleasing stuff. The quality is usually pretty high but not as high as the big shows. A Korakuen Hall show though is usually an exception.

They're usually fun if not essential watches. A lot of multi-mans and tags but you get to see basically everyone of importance.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Count Thrashula posted:

Thanks for the info and warm welcome!

Welcome aboard, how familiar are you with the roster?