Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

KurdtLives posted:

https://twitter.com/taylorcsnow/sta...0-straight-wins

This sort of makes up for Luka draining buzzer-beater game winners on the C's in like 3 out of 4 games the prior two seasons

Give Donic Taytum's team and see what would happen imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lol, Celtics fans in general would be unbearable and Jaylen Brown would be long gone.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Give this Celtics team to Jason Kidd

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

verbal enema posted:

Yeah give Luka KP and Grant Williams

Maybe a all star guard too

Lankster NZ
Jul 21, 2007

Imagine Luka having a team where he could gently caress around for the entire first half, score no points, and still be winning

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lankster NZ posted:

Imagine Luka having a team where he could gently caress around for the entire first half, score no points, and still be winning

i've been trying to but Dallas refuses to let me

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

slave to my cravings posted:

Bring the good doctor home for another house call.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lockback posted:

Was a more successful season than 13 other Western Conference teams.

In other news, this sucks. This was a nice coming out season for Barnes

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1763778086636576957

Hopefully it helps us delay giving the 1st to San Antonio. I don't love rooting for a tank but aside from Gradey Dick and Agbaji developing there ain't much left for the time being

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 2, 2024

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lockback posted:

Was a more successful season than 13 other Western Conference teams.

In other news, this sucks. This was a nice coming out season for Barnes

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1763778086636576957

I still don't understand how this happened. It's like his hands touched and one exploded

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Maybe Luka is just the new Carmelo.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I still don't understand how this happened. It's like his hands touched and one exploded

A bunch of hands have exploded in the last 48 hours. Someone cast a spell.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Lankster NZ posted:

yes i agree, trade him to denver immediately

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He was bringing his hand up and smacked into Quickley's leg/ankle.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1763751939022475733

Man I thought he was a FA windfall and here he is getting bought out. Someone should pick him up I expect. He just couldn't get his game going in MN.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Boston fans continuing to boo every time Kyrie got the ball is the most embarrassing poo poo ever.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

JackBandit posted:

Boston fans is the most embarrassing poo poo ever.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

LeBron James Scoring Tracker: Lakers star approaching 40,000 career points
https://www.nba.com/news/lebron-james-scoring-tracker-to-40000

"He’s going to average about 25 points this season. There hasn’t been an “oldest player” in the NBA to average even 10 points since John Stockton scored 10.8 per game in 2002-03. James is probably going to finish with the highest scoring average of any oldest player ever; Abdul-Jabbar was the league’s oldest player when he averaged 23.4 points in 1985-86."

LeBron James Reportedly Seeking Nine-Figure Deal With Lakers
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/02/lebron-james-reportedly-seeking-nine-figure-deal-with-lakers.html

"...whether or not the Lakers want to give him a three-year contract and pay him $60 million when he’s 42 years old, that’s a different discussion."

IcePhoenix posted:

They did it for four years, so LeBron still has one more year to tie him and two to pass him, though I don't know if Aaron was a starter in all of his. I assume he was though.

I checked the NHL and Gordie Howe has 23 ASG appearances. Not sure about starts though.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Trae Young Undergoing Hand Surgery, Out At Least Four Weeks
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/02/trae-young-undergoing-hand-surgery-out-at-least-four-weeks.html

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Celtics are gonna get 50 before 15. Are they the best (regular season) team since peak dynasty warriors?

The Celtics currently have the #1 ORtg, the #3 DRtg, the #2 3NP and they're the right age. If they don't win the title it'll be a massive disappointment.

No relation to Neil Funk AFAIK.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The real ROTY (ref)

https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1764054408390738240

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

temple posted:

Yeah give Luka KP and Grant Williams

Maybe a all star guard too
If Luka had Derrick White he'd already have a ring.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

slave to my cravings posted:

This is banned by the Geneva Convention if I recall correctly.

JackBandit posted:

Boston fans continuing to boo every time Kyrie got the ball is the most embarrassing poo poo ever.

It seems like every season he says or does something to extend the ire, except for this year. It's either some quote about the fans being like an ex-girlfriend, stomping on the logo, flipping off fans, or the other non-Celtics related gross things he as done. If he hadn't gone out of his way to make empty promises and praise when he was here it wouldn't be so boo-y.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://x.com/dailyloud/status/1763931921984217460?s=46

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

KurdtLives posted:

https://twitter.com/taylorcsnow/sta...0-straight-wins

This sort of makes up for Luka draining buzzer-beater game winners on the C's in like 3 out of 4 games the prior two seasons

Luka still outplayed Tatum last night.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Virgil rolling in his grave

temple fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 3, 2024

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Looks like a barkley shut up and jam gaiden joke

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
AUTOGRAPH HERE

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

BBB???

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

verbal enema posted:

when tatum plays with porzingis, kyrie, and grant williams: stacked superteam. when luka plays with them: he doesn’t have enough help. i wonder why…

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Spacebump posted:

Luka still outplayed Tatum last night.

he scored like 5 more points and played much worse defense. idk about that

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

KurdtLives posted:

stomping on the logo

Kyrie is like 0-10 against the Celtics since doing that lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

fart simpson posted:

he scored like 5 more points and played much worse defense. idk about that

Luka had a triple double. The Celtics won the game because they are a deeper team with better coaching. Jason Kidd killed the team with playing Maxi too much instead of Gafford in the second half. Tim Hardaway Jr. on defense was the LVP for the Mavs.

It is ok to admit Tatum had a worse game than Luka. Basketball is a team sport, recognize the Celtics are a better constructed and coached roster than the Mavs. There is no need to pretend Tatum is better than Luka.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The air valve is funny, making a shoe out of a basketball is funny, all the off white "insert shoelaces here" type stuff is crap. They probably should have just contracted mschf to make their boots in the style of a basketball

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Spacebump posted:

Luka had a triple double. The Celtics won the game because they are a deeper team with better coaching. Jason Kidd killed the team with playing Maxi too much instead of Gafford in the second half. Tim Hardaway Jr. on defense was the LVP for the Mavs.

It is ok to admit Tatum had a worse game than Luka. Basketball is a team sport, recognize the Celtics are a better constructed and coached roster than the Mavs. There is no need to pretend Tatum is better than Luka.

they both had good games. all games are special.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

n:
v: definitely sounded better in his head

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Spacebump posted:

They are both like Top 6-8, Tatum has more two-wayness, Luka has to overcome Jason Kidd 82+ times a season, weigh that as you will. Just glad this year Luka didn't hit absurd game ending fadeaway sideways 3's to beat the Celtics while also on fire.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

fart simpson posted:

when tatum plays with porzingis, kyrie, and grant williams: stacked superteam. when luka plays with them: he doesn’t have enough help. i wonder why…

Lol if you think Luka actually got to play with KP.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
White and Holiday are the superteam part of the Celtics

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

obviously the coach is gonna defend his dude

https://x.com/DuaneRankin/status/1764173841558077493?s=20

but also Bradley Beal could just try not being a complete bitch and it also would have not happened, and that's probably a better long term result for the Phoenix suns' success

if only more fouls were called, then my 30+ year old man child guard will not turn into a big sad loser on the court

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Strawberry Panda posted:

Lol if you think Luka actually got to play with KP.

i do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
It’s march, post Grayson Allen without fear of reprisal.

Suns are donezo if book is out for long, this season has been pretty miserable