Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Red Rox posted:

The worst possible thing: an Australian

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ghost Dog posted:

hes the best player in the nba

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1743764777468301557

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

warriors youth about to revolt, crispy paul out for the immediate future, of course the league's gonna let Dray come back

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

I am looking forward to literally every single opponent in every single Warriors game going forward Draymond-ing Draymond at every opportunity to get him to flip out and get ejected. Equally looking forward to Steve Kerr tutting about how unfair it is.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
We Stan a king who works on his mental health.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gotta say after getting the full experience this year I'm on Draymonds side in the Jordan Poole situation. Poole still owns though.

Apparently the Wiz/Caps move to nova might not be as done as it seemed.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Okay so how funny would it be if he punches someone.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Wow incredible, 3 weeks of counseling and he’s all better

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

nachos posted:

Wow incredible, 3 weeks of counseling and he’s all better

Smh mental health and therapy are an ongoing endeavor.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1743765178540326995

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

all of his therapists agreed that europeans deserve a little pummeling

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Historical East vs West Records Added to Basketball Reference
https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2024/01/historical-east-vs-west-records-added-to-basketball-reference/

The East won 71% of the games in 1960. The West won 63% of the games in 2004.

Spurs rookie Victor Wembanyama has grown increasingly frustrated playing under a minutes restriction
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/01/spurs-notes-wembanyama-vassell-johnson-diakite.html

Officials need 10-plus minutes to sort out confusion over Thunder's similarly named players
https://sports.yahoo.com/officials-need-10-plus-minutes-to-sort-out-confusion-over-thunders-similarly-named-players-033330678.html

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Haliburton:

Back to Back 20 point, 20 assist games

Only Magic/Stockton had done that before.

In 1990 Stockton had a nine game period where he averaged 20 points and 18 assists.

anakha posted:

How much is monkeu paying per post with all the rereg's?

That's the analytics I need.

Usually more than one USD.

Telluric Whistler posted:

Remember when the Knicks were gonna try and let Phil Jackson only coach home games or something? This is INNOVATION

IIRC the Lakers were going to let him use a hologram from Montana at one point but the technology wasn't quite ready. Now it's more doable.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Rick posted:

Is there a way to see margins of victory on particular days? In my experience the most blowouts of the season are two weeks following the Christmas game but I can't think of a good way to prove this.

There have been ~9,500 NBA games with one team winning by 20+ points. Here are the biggest blowout dates:

code:
Date	20+ wins
3/16	73
3/13	72
12/26	71
1/7	68
1/4	67
3/2	67
Three of the top six dates are within two weeks after Christmas. The top two dates are at the beginning of Ramadan and daylight saving time.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Charlie Villanueva ‘Thankful to See Another Day’ Following Alleged Hit-and-Run Accident
https://people.com/former-nba-player-charlie-villanueva-alleged-hit-and-run-accident-8420653

"Our lives can’t be replaced, but the vehicle can..."

Ricky Rubio Gave Up $5.4MM In Cavs Buyout
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/01/ricky-rubio-gave-up-5-4mm-in-cavs-buyout.html

humpthewind posted:

The Lakers are not a serious basketball team.

LBJ must find The Fountain of Youth. The magical waters. The mythical spring. The elixir of life.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Green hasn’t punched a euro in weeks what more do you people want

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i want video of him doing inkblot tests with a picture of manu ginobli mixed in

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I wish I could trick someone into paying me $28 million to just kinda gently caress around

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Gravy Boat 2k

i wish i could omoplata my coworker and get a long christmas break as a reward

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

It did cost him a decent chunk of change, but saved Lacob even more
https://x.com/bobbymarks42/status/1743768127735763115?s=46&t=0x_opuk5bo0lymk_1YRzgQ

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Zogo posted:

There have been ~9,500 NBA games with one team winning by 20+ points. Here are the biggest blowout dates:

code:
Date	20+ wins
3/16	73
3/13	72
12/26	71
1/7	68
1/4	67
3/2	67
Three of the top six dates are within two weeks after Christmas. The top two dates are at the beginning of Ramadan and daylight saving time.

Interesting. That's also roughly St. Patrick's day, and also when teams start to be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, so there's a whole lot of excuses to be hungover, checked out of basketball, or participating in fasting coupled with body clock shifts.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Dexo posted:

We Stan a king who works on his mental health.

Is just being an intolerable, out-of-control rear end in a top hat considered a mental health problem?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Zogo posted:

code:
Date	20+ wins
3/16	73
3/13	72
12/26	71
1/7	68
1/4	67
3/2	67

Ramadan is based on the Islamic calendar and shifts about ten days earlier on the Gregorian calendar every year. This year it's in March, but five years ago it was in July, five years before that it was in October and so on.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

three posted:

Is just being an intolerable, out-of-control rear end in a top hat considered a mental health problem?

I mean, yeah?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I would like Draymond to be suspended again so he can complain he got no end of season awards because they deliberately kept him out

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

He used to be able to control his assholeness:
https://x.com/kingsmitty_97/status/1738689575948550588?s=46&t=0x_opuk5bo0lymk_1YRzgQ
And who else could hit Lebron in the nuts and still get invited to his bday party? cp3 probably

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

The only way to fight crazy is with more crazy.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

three posted:

Yeah like Jokes aside, not saying this to excuse his behavior because you still are responsible for your own actions, or not saying this because I believe he is actually putting in the work. As the work is the hard part.

But yes, acting out and general lack of impulse control leading to violence is extremely a mental health issue.

It is stuff therapists and psychiatrists help people with all the time.

Dray is like a textbook case of it lol.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
people can just be stupid dicks who aren't ever held accountable too. if Draymond was so impulsive he was mentally ill I don't think he'd be where he is today. he is a total oval office though.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

i am a moron posted:

people can just be stupid dicks who aren't ever held accountable too. if Draymond was so impulsive he was mentally ill I don't think he'd be where he is today. he is a total oval office though.

That's some weird no-true-scottsman logic there. Lots of people can be successful and have issues with impulse control and anger.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
and you can have those issues without being mentally ill so unless you're personally diagnosing him as a learned doctor who's to say

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

i am a moron posted:

Once again want to be clear, this is not excuse making, I agree that Draymond has had a general lack of accountability, and is responsible for his own issues and actions.

But, you don't think there are people with impulse issues who manage to be largely functional in society?

His actions and reactions are all still a mental health issue, that people get treated for or get counseling for all the time.

My wife has clients who have had similar problems as Draymond has had as far as violent reactions and anger, who obviously are not multi-millionaires like Dray. But it's poo poo they get behavioral therapy to help them cope with it, and still can hold down a job.

It's something you have to constantly do the work for to address, and manage. But it is very much poo poo that therapy can help with if the person wants to get help.

If you want to think Dray isn't actually going to do the work, I'd be right there with you. But therapy and learning coping skills is very very much a thing that can help people who does the poo poo Dray does.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am a professional psychiatrist and using the latest DSM i have diagnosed draymond green with having the Red Mist that afflicts the badgers in the redwall books, if he sees a european playing basketball he screams his battlecry "eulalia" and kicks them in the penis as hard as possible before tucking into a gigantic medaeval feast.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Dexo posted:

Once again want to be clear, this is not excuse making, I agree that Draymond has had a general lack of accountability, and is responsible for his own issues and actions.

But, you don't think there are people with impulse issues who manage to be largely functional in society?

His actions and reactions are all still a mental health issue, that people get treated for or get counseling for all the time.

My wife has clients who have had similar problems as Draymond has had as far as violent reactions and anger, who obviously are not multi-millionaires like Dray. But it's poo poo they get behavioral therapy to help them cope with it, and still can hold down a job.

It's something you have to constantly do the work for to address, and manage. But it is very much poo poo that therapy can help with if the person wants to get help.

If you want to think Dray isn't actually going to do the work, I'd be right there with you. But therapy and learning coping skills is very very much a thing that can help people who does the poo poo Dray does.

i can see that. i dont really view mental health as a holistic thing because im a caveman personally (which I am not saying is correct, i just didn't frame it like that when thinking about it) but that makes sense. i was probably thinking more specifically.

edit: deleted my edits

i am a moron fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 7, 2024

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'm not diagnosing him with anything. I'm just looking at the things he is doing, and saying that therapy/counseling can help with that poo poo if it's something that he actually wants to do. even if he doesn't have a capital I illness.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am a professional psychiatrist and using the latest DSM i have diagnosed draymond green with having the Red Mist that afflicts the badgers in the redwall books, if he sees a european playing basketball he screams his battlecry "eulalia" and kicks them in the penis as hard as possible before tucking into a gigantic medaeval feast.
RD is on a heater today

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

R.D. Mangles posted:

I thought were referring to the red mist that transforms dray into a shibito. As known from the national tragedy and documentary, Forbidden Siren.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

R.D. Mangles posted:

steve kerr sees nothing from his seat in salamandastron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Steve kerr is a fuckin weasel