Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Is the hand weapon and shield Parry save back?

Nup, not in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I was listening to a hobby channel who were saying, and I reckon they’re right, tow is going to replace Lord of the Rings at GW.

The licensing is beginning to come to an end, and production and releases have been low but scheduled.

Tow slots in very nicely as a replacement for it from a production and design standpoint. Once they have the launch boxes and initial year of splash releases done, they can keep the game ticking along with occasional character sculpts and scenario books that are 50 pages just like the new army lite books.

Saves on licensing, lets them keep their setting going, allows them to reap the benefits of licensed games or 3rd party content etc.

Seems pretty bang on.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Lord_Hambrose posted:

But I think pure optimization is a miserable way to think about games as your only lens, so I am excited to make poor choices.

This is the truth

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I’m getting big Sean Connery in yellow face vibes.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I can’t quite believe the range that’s coming back for Orcs & Goblins. It’s insanely broad. And that they’re having to make new moulds. And those new moulds are for thirty year old miniatures. In metal.

I’m blown away by how much effort they’re going to. It was totally unnecessary, but the green skins are getting 4 types of metal trolls and 3 metal giants. It’s absolutely heartwarming :unsmith:

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Ehhhhh... it isn't that much work. I don't know how many figures they are going to produce during the initial run up to release, but moulds for metal are a known consumable. They will go through more than a few moulds for each code. If anything, I am more impressed they have room for a metal shop and it didn't all get taken over by plastic machines. Though I wouldn't be surprised if metal is contracted out to someone in the area.

I will stop being excited, apologies.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I think I’ll buy a pack of stone trolls and the marauder giant just to paint.

Those trolls are still one of the most nostalgic minis I can think of.

Patiently waiting for Dwarfs to starts my old world army. Mid Feb announcement, early march release? Maybe.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Warhammer the old world: ‘she’s got 2 new hats!’

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

moths posted:

I'm being to suspect that some LGS management is leaning into GW's reputation to explain some goofs on their own part.

It’s almost certainly this, there’s an FLGS that does the same thing near me.

While I enjoyed the saving, it was just too frustrating to come back week after week to find no stock and a shrug of the shoulders.

I’m very lucky to live in a metro area so I have loads of options, but yeah- a few weeks is about the upper limit when you see what you want in other stores.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Yep, it means you can drop vortexes and then run away and there’s gently caress all your opponent can do about it is

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Incredibly good news. I’ll likely buy a green knight just to paint. Exceptionally cool.

I’d bet good money that all of the re-enforcements will sell out near instantly, so I’d buy them asap if you’re an actual Brets/TK player.

GW can’t do stock good no more.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Ordered a green knight just to paint. Think I’ll do a little display plinth for him etc. now just to figure out if I do tin or paper banner streamers

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
This is such an incredible re-launch. I’m absolutely delighted we’re getting things like the big’uns. Wouldn’t have believed it if you’d told me a year ago.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Steel and stone brothers.

My god my wallet is going to get goblin-hewn from this release.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Simmer down greybeards, you don’t have to buy GW minis, there’s an ocean of cheap, accessible proxies for literally every unit now, unlike the 90s.

To contribute: the stock issues seem to continue. Here in Australia we get no access to any multikit plastic orcs, they’ve all been delayed, including the big box. For how long? No idea. We can preorder all the metal and resin tho. :confused:

Yeast fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 25, 2024

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I’m the target market and now that I earn more than (checks notes) what I did when I was 14, it’s not a big deal for me.

I just hope I can buy what I want when the Dwarf preorders open and don’t get another weird stock issue.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
My green knight arrived today, I didn’t realise but they made new little paper banners for him and included them in the box, cute!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
yeah as I buy a new one made in 2023, I'll raise a glass to the fools, thank you!

edit: Oh my god it needs so much gap filling.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
The amount of asterisks at the bottom of a release article saying which countries are delayed on what part of an army are wild these days

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Literally same. I’ll grab the trolls because those sculpts are sensational, then I might do the giant to make a fun diorama piece for

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Great video, fun look at seeing what you can do with a paint job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

serious gaylord posted:

Aly Morrison and the Perrys did the best work Warhammer has ever seen.

:yeah: