Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Verisimilidude posted:

I personally don't care too much about mold lines. Maybe take care of characters and the front rank, but everything behind them is fine as is

I envy your carefree existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Dreylad posted:

I've watched a battle report and a few videos about the rules and there's a lot I like, which I wasn't expecting. I only played up to 6th and didn't get into the wild times that was 7th & 8th but everything seems a bit tougher, spearmen units seem like genuinely scary anvils, and initiative is a pretty strong stat now with far less Always Strikes First spread around.

I honestly didn't expect them to put this much thought into the rules.

Same tbh. I like how morale isn't so binary, how units get pushed around, how charge distance modifies initiative, how counter-charging is a thing, how charge distance is more reliable in general. There was a really neat rule about how tiny scatter terrain (I think it was stuff that is less than 2") can be moved around, it's for aesthetics.

I really want to know the rough timeline for the next few armies, especially wood elves. I'm pessimistic about long term support but if all else fails, at least GW are giving CA another period to Total War up. :v:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Brets vs tomb kings battle of the box contents report. This showed off a few tomb king mechanics I hadn't seen like chariot runners.

Spoiler I guess but I feel like this is the first report where the tomb king player is competent :spooky:.

https://youtu.be/404DD5J_SRM?si=yRQhm82342yHLHNU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

lilljonas posted:

Someone at GWs marketing went to ebay, saw the price for a mint marauder giant, and realized how much cash they were leaving on the table lol

I'm convinced someone at gw has a shed full of mint warhammer quest 95 boxes as a retirement plan.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Robviously posted:

Part of me wants to follow the lore of AoS but my eyes slide off the page every time I see words like aelves.

If you wanna be distinct, I get it, but that just feels lazy.

I read through all the end times stuff on ham vault, it was a slog by the end but I got there with a lot of eye rolling. I couldn't get through any aos book I tried.

Anyhow, I'm mad they haven't put any of the old whfb books up on the vault.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The green stuff knight

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Yeast posted:

The amount of asterisks at the bottom of a release article saying which countries are delayed on what part of an army are wild these days

This week is pretty tame, they only got up to **.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

They just went up for two week preorder today in aus. Alongside the battalion which was delayed here.