Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
So is the smart way to play them to zoom them into range of their targets but turn them around and shoot behind them? I assume 360 line of sight.

How about greenskin animosity, did they bring that back or at least make it make better sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Leperflesh posted:

The story goes that the player in white shirt there was cheesing a 40k game by holding his entire army (they're all on bikes) in reserve. The idea is to get to bring them all on from the opponent's edge of the table after the other player has to do their deployment, putting them at a severe disadvantage. But the fellow in the black shirt realized he could cheese right back, using the unit coherence of his large Kroot unit to deploy it so that it completely covers the table edge on which the bikes have to enter. And they're not allowed to enter within x inches of a unit. So in the background there's white shirt consulting with a judge, who eventually agreed this was legal and gave the match to the guy in the black shirt.

e. actually I think that's the bikers' deployment edge, and the kroot have some vanguard/scout rule that lets them deploy anywhere, but not within x " of an enemy unit, etc.? Whichever.

Funnily enough GW have just brought this whole thing up again in a AoS article:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/02/call-the-judge-grand-justice-gormayne-weighs-in-on-tabletop-disputes/

And indeed they decree RAW wins the day and tis 'precedent established in ancient tournament record'. All told in the manner of a ghoul judge, of course, bless em

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m hoping it being in the “past” means they’ll have a story/timeline going, hopefully involving bringing in Kislev and Cathay and roping in more legacy armies.

I'm liking the little bits of lore I've been seeing so far, like Kislev, the not-Russia equivalent that only has 3 cities in the usual setting, actually spreading across much of not-Asia in the old world so it actually feels like a sprawling empire. Of course, that won't last but it's the journey, not the destination...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I guess if you have say 20 LSG they could be 10 wide to maximise shots, them reform to 6x3 for 18 attacks? I assume they still get to fight in 3 ranks or is that too optimistic...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Let's just hope that rereleased metal giant (in metal) is reassuringly expensive

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I wonder if the reason why that neat new Orc shaman isn't on the release schedule yet, is cos of people like me who went "ooh that'd be a nice kruleboyz shaman - it's even got its own potgrot", setting off all the chips on all the shoulders

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

MonsterEnvy posted:

I thought the new shaman was already up.

Nah, and I just checked the GW webstore to see in case I was wrong, and jeez that was a chore and a half.