Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Buce posted:

uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is weird as gently caress

Gay conservatives going bi so they can win elections. That wasn't on my bingo, was it on yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

ElectricSheep posted:

loving horrendous. And yet, it's not the first time I've heard/read about putting down a dog that isn't learning hunting commands and behavior.

My boss mentioned his father having done it when he was a kid and out on a hunt with him where the dog spooked whatever it was they were going after for the nth time. Dog came trotting back pleased with itself, boss' dad shot the dog dead. The matter-of-fact delivery he gave was just barely covering up what a horrible memory that had clearly been for him.

This is not justification at all, gently caress Kristi Noem. It's just that reading the story drove home that there's a segment of the population that doesn't think twice about that poo poo and it utterly confounds and angers me.

Dogs are amazing and we don't deserve them.

So true. When I was healthier I volunteered at the shelter.

There was one type of person that you can just tell is going to be bad as an adopter. We actually started to do social media checks before people could adopt animals because we had heard about people taking them back to shelters, or having pets that their kids, or they abused in the past.

I will never understand abuse. I come from it, and it still bothers me to no end that there are people that consider it okay to hit people or berate them tears. A dog or cat doesn't understand abuse. They only understand that they want your love and you are hurting them for it.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Presler being unvaxxed with a serious blood disease seems like a gamble

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Buce posted:

uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is weird as gently caress

I know that the whole “conservatives are all sociopaths /psychopaths” thing is tired and overplayed but Scott Pressler really comes across as an absolute freak of a man that has more issues than Time magazine. Dude is wigged out all the time and he’d be mocked for being as crazy as Kanye if it weren’t for the fact that he’s surrounded by other crazier white people like Kristi “I can’t train my dog so I’ll just kill it” Noem.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Also isn’t pressler sickly as gently caress and constantly fighting off some kind of weird blood disease?

“But he’s 6’5” with blue eyes!”

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'm aryan (adjacent)! and would like to pass on my compromised immune system to your white babies. act now!

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!
How the poo poo has this clown still not faced any real consequences for anything?

Of course, of course, I know there's still "plenty of time" and "more trials" but the clock is ticking for a legitimate dictatorship to take place in the "land of the free."

Guess suffering in a cold courtroom counts for something, and that's given me many lols but the outlook is concerning.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

There certainly is... a lot to unpack here.

Bonus lol: Imagining this gangly weirdo approaching lesbian/infertile couples trying to pitch himself as a sperm donor.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hazo posted:

Also isn’t pressler sickly as gently caress and constantly fighting off some kind of weird blood disease?

“But he’s 6’5” with blue eyes!”

Yeah he almost died from it too and disregarded doctors orders

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

funeral home DJ posted:

The media is really trying to make this a horse race between a pretty okay president that has done some good things and a racist rapist moronic charlatan who is bought-and-sold by foreign adversaries and is currently facing 93 criminal indictments in the USA, which makes these polls all the much more confusing and hilarious.

I'd never heard of Kaplan, and a slow day at work, but they run campaigns and can offer tailored polling, so it's hard to see them as objective without knowing more (as objective as polls can be). A few Tweets out there suggest the Doug Kaplan guy himself might kind of suck, so draw your own conclusions from that.

EDIT: Yeah, he loving suuuucks. And uses a lot of lovely AI art.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 26, 2024

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i dont know how much crossover there is with the musk thread, but musk's current favorite poster is dogecoin and his amazing graphic design and charts. the best charts about birth rates and demographic science, way better than Fox.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

kazil def needs a better av. that stupid rear end mouse buddy poo poo is not befitting. send me what you want and ill make an admin request

do the purple haired pug but as a steno lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hazo posted:

Elon posting more nonsensical nazi white birth rate poo poo, nothing new or funny about that.

However, Pressler’s response is hysterical

Buce posted:

It’s the Lebensborn program again, that’s all

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1783877317971902803

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

:qq: :qq: :qq:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

lmao polls

:hmbol:

Holy poo poo lmao

Didn't Marist just show Biden pulling ahead

Polling is truly broken

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

fart

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
As far as I’m aware, everyone is just taking pressler at his word that he’s got some unnamed, but dude totally real, blood disease. And there’s no way a sociopathic Republican operative would lie about something like that to sell a narrative or garner sympathy. No sir.

I don’t even give a poo poo if he is telling the truth. He’s apparently healthy enough to traipse across the loving country fueled on granola bars alone, which is probably more than most of us could say.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the blood disease thing is suss, but his likely eating disorder and body dismorphia are atleast likely/soft facts

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hazo posted:

Elon posting more nonsensical nazi white birth rate poo poo, nothing new or funny about that.

However, Pressler’s response is hysterical

yeah scotty strikes me as deeply weird and self loating and hosed up. he knows that his party would loving lynch him if they could and i doubt he gets many dates anymore. yeah you could write him off as a sociopath and i wouldnt blame anyone who did, but i think he is just deeply loving alone and wants any kind of companionship. the amish were probably genuinly nice to him and he hasnt gotten that in a while, so now he wants to be a weird trad nut because he thinks he can replicate the feelings. he thinks if he basicaly buries himself in trad poo poo, the nazis will accept him.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

TulliusCicero posted:

:hmbol:

Holy poo poo lmao

Didn't Marist just show Biden pulling ahead

Polling is truly broken

I believe Marquette did a WI poll very recently that showed a dead heat, and they are well respected for state polls there. The +10 from this poll is a huge red-flag that they are fishing for a particular result.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ianskate posted:

How the poo poo has this clown still not faced any real consequences for anything?

Of course, of course, I know there's still "plenty of time" and "more trials" but the clock is ticking for a legitimate dictatorship to take place in the "land of the free."

Guess suffering in a cold courtroom counts for something, and that's given me many lols but the outlook is concerning.

The honest answer is a combination of abusing the legal system and the fact that it is a genuine powder keg situation. For all we mock the Trump loonies and their desire for civil war, the possibility of Trump being a martyr and sparking an uprising in violence or a wave of empathy is very possible. Everyone involved with going after him is doing their utmost to be as straightforward, fair and occasionally lenient as possible to minimize the chance that anyone but the most loony of the loonies will view it as rigged. This, combined with the natural +20 buff Trump gets for being a rich white man, means he's getting a whole lot of leniency.

In theory this wouldn't be an issue because even if it takes time everything he's facing is leading towards actual consequences for him. However he is an almost unique case of also being the presumptive nominee for one of the major political parties who has openly admitted he will nullify everything he can if he wins. And that should in theory not be an issue because the idea of an incredibly openly corrupt man who actively admits he did crimes he just wants immunity for them is something everyone prior to 2024 assumed would be electoral poison.

It's pretty key that this all boils down to if Trump wins or not. Like even if they shoved Trump's rear end in jail tomorrow and kept him there until the election was over, he still has a genuine shot at winning (and paradoxically being imprisoned would probably help him, which is why everyone is reluctant to do it for anything less than the most minor reasons.) But at the end of the day he is facing consequences, but none of them are actually going to stop him from running for President because our system isn't designed around the idea of an insanely corrupt madman with near-total support from one of the major parties and a significant number of voters running.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

"Crooked Joe B..... crooked j...... aw I'm too depressed for this today..."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
Scott Presler is a white supremacist, Muslim hating failure of a Republican operative because his rich hardcore Republican parents are mad that he's gay, and throw money at him to stay away from them now that his acting career failed and he moved back home

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Scags McDouglas posted:

"Crooked Joe B..... crooked j...... aw I'm too depressed for this today..."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Scott Pesster Is My Boyfriend!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

you can tell the fart wasn't his best work, he seems dissapointed. Don't you worry Donald, you'll do better after lunch

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

i dont know how much crossover there is with the musk thread, but musk's current favorite poster is dogecoin and his amazing graphic design and charts. the best charts about birth rates and demographic science, way better than Fox.

50% of this thread post in musk thread heh

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

:sad:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's just mind-blowing how overt the game plan is the 2nd time around.

Install fat unintelligent tub of lard to the Presidency
Let them do whatever they want
We profit in the mean time

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Buce posted:

ok the amish thing was funny at first but now it's bordering on obsession

MAGA: IMPREGNATE AMISH WOMEN 2024

...is kind of a weird campaign slogan but I guess w/e

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

215lbs of pure golf course walking health

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
having 10 kids in modern-day America is loving insane, child care and housing are both expensive and our public transport is poo poo meaning having even two kids means having to drive around constantly in most cities

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Frank Frank posted:

He should spend more time outside of Amish country because he's not doing enough damage to republican voting efforts countrywide

On the other hand I hope he stays there because it's only a matter of time before they put him in a wicker man

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Scott wants to go back to the trad life of 10 kids and cow loving.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Frank Frank posted:

MAGA: IMPREGNATE AMISH WOMEN 2024

...is kind of a weird campaign slogan but I guess w/e

Scott's just playing the numbers game. He's a vampire and he knows that if the Amish double in population every 20 years, in 300 years they will be the dominant species on earth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JAMOOOL posted:

having 10 kids in modern-day America is loving insane, child care and housing are both expensive and our public transport is poo poo meaning having even two kids means having to drive around constantly in most cities

Remember, the key is not to actually take care of the children, given them happy lives or assure they are healthy. It is just that they are born. Once that happens they can die of easily preventable diseases and school shootings all they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

They may lock up my handsome body but they'll never cage my indomitable spirit *reverberating fart*