Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Also looks like the Dems have agreed to save Johnson. Ukraine aid going up Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sedgr posted:

Trump is doing his usual quantum superposition argument where he takes all sides of an argument at some point so you can't prove he was ever wrong. Biden is the one that really needs immunity! That way when the SC rules that Trump isn't immune from all prosecution forever and ever, Trump can scream he won because Biden didn't get the immunity he really wanted.

And Trump is a pudding brain so half the time he doesn't know what he's arguing anyway. The screaming white hot ball of rage can never stop.
drat, such a powerful man!!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Yeah we needed to get that poo poo through months ago, let's do it already.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sedgr posted:

Also looks like the Dems have agreed to save Johnson. Ukraine aid going up Saturday.

All the foreign aid packages are going up Saturday. I don't think the Dems have anything to do with it.

Still not sure if they are going to roll them all into one bill to send to the Senate.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Sedgr posted:

I hope they agree to save him, pass the Ukraine Aid, then let him get vacated anyway. I don't know if it would be a good idea politically but it would be funny.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Sedgr posted:

I really do not want to get my hopes up, as the bag of tricks and chicanery the nutjobs pull from seems to be bottomless, but damnit if I'm not excited for the possibility.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
im pretty sure the professional food eating orgs say you need to swallow food

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Speedboat Jones posted:

I kinda want our congress to get to the point where they’re throwing hands at each other. Complete the wrassle-fication of our government.

I mean, it came pretty close during McCarthy's speaker election last year.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Sedgr posted:

From what I read, the agreed to save him if and only if he pushes the large Ukraine package through which is something of a lol

Harveygod posted:

Lol remember when someone threatened Gaetz on the House floor and he turned white as a sheet?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I mean, if they're getting what they want from him, then letting him sweat to wring more out of him would be a good possibility. If it means Ukraine gets aid, that's what I care about.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
come one Rs, do another speaker, do it at least once.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Having a MTV and Johnson surviving with the Dem caucus and a small number of GOP would be even more :lmao: than a whole new speaker vote circus

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Sedgr posted:

Trump is doing his usual quantum superposition argument where he takes all sides of an argument at some point so you can't prove he was ever wrong. Biden is the one that really needs immunity! That way when the SC rules that Trump isn't immune from all prosecution forever and ever, Trump can scream he won because Biden didn't get the immunity he really wanted.

And Trump is a pudding brain so half the time he doesn't know what he's arguing anyway. The screaming white hot ball of rage can never stop.
*trump gets caught with his hand in the "crimes" jar*
"I WAS GETTING IT FOR YOU!!!"

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Sedgr posted:

Thank loving god. I despise the military industrial complex to my core but I'm fine with my final dollar going to Ukraine.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Absolutely win-win, Dems get what they want, Johnson gets to eat poo poo being the figurehead on the rotting ship that's the GOP House. "We can cross the aisle and govern" is a great look while the Republicans tear each other new assholes.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Harveygod posted:

Still have blueballs from that

https://twitter.com/edwardversaii/status/1780404142663504072?s=12&t=qbJ4wy7X-sfXy3DoNgBjAQ

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Having a MTV and Johnson surviving with the Dem caucus and a small number of GOP would be even more :lmao: than a whole new speaker vote circus

He'd face a new motion daily from his party. Assuming they can do that.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Someone had GPT write a paper as GPT or something?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone still have that image macro of that hilariously bad confederate statue that has the “Never fight uphill me boys” text in rainbow font?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pixaal posted:

It’s copypasted from the word salad Trump actually said at a rally earlier.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

kdrudy posted:

He'd face a new motion daily from his party. Assuming they can do that.

:ohdear:

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

pixaal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq4xSuiueUc

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hopping into Call of Duty on the headset to give my team some words of encouragement. “NEVER FIGHT UPHILL, ME BOYS”

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

The wrongs committed by the Soviets, the Chinese and other communist regimes will be discussion fodder for students in the Sunshine State going forward. Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed off on SB 1264, a “History of Communism” bill.

The location and timing of the signing was no coincidence: the Hialeah Gardens Museum. The facility honors the 2506 Assault Brigade during the Bay of Pigs Invasion, a group of anti-Fidel Castro fighters who were imprisoned for 20 months by the Cuban communist regime at the height of Cold War tensions.

A history of communism in the United States as well as a study of “tactics used” by communist activists will also be included, DeSantis said, as part of the “proper foundation” to be set up by the “truth” about the ideology in Florida education.

Florida education commissioner wants to make it that colleges are also required

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"The Yankees will never get me lucky charms, boys!" - Stonewall Jackson

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Grizzled Sea Dog Robert E. Lee, Pirate Captain might be my favorite new character this season

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How legal is it to mandate that something anti-_____ be taught? That doesn't seem legal at all lmao

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

pixaal posted:

GPT needs a Trump Mode where it just bullshits around a topic like a 5th grader who never read the assignment

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

So when DeSantis' term is up, what's his next move? He can't be governor again, right?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

pro starcraft loser posted:

So when DeSantis' term is up, what's his next move? He can't be governor again, right?

Casey runs for governor serves 4 years then meatball can run again for 2 terms.

Or we get governor gatez, forget anything better than that coming out of florida.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my god

quote:

DeSantis said discussion of the “evils of communism” has faded over time, contending that “apologists for communism in our society” abound, especially in academia.

“We’re going to tell the truth about the evils of communism, about the unprecedented death toll at the hands of communist tyranny,” the Governor promised, citing 100 million casualties over the decades.

A history of communism in the United States as well as a study of “tactics used” by communist activists will also be included, DeSantis said, as part of the “proper foundation” to be set up by the “truth” about the ideology in Florida education.

Education Commissioner Manny Diaz lauded the legislation, noting that it will help people across the state understand “the evils and the perils” of communism, and make sure history does not repeat when it comes to the “devil that is communism,” with “age-appropriate” inculcation into “the truth” that expands “Florida’s moral legacy” regarding the ideology.

quote:

To that end, the bill compels the creation of a museum of history of communism, creates the Institute for Freedom in Americas at Miami Dade College, and renames the Adam Smith Center for Study of Economic Freedom as the Adam Smith Center for Economic Freedom.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

If FL ever manages to get its claws deep into U. Miami and Embry Riddle, there will be literally zero reason to consider FL for college, a complete write-off

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pro starcraft loser posted:

i dont think so. his crazy wife might run. he might try to run for senator. more likely he will end up some talking head on some network.

lol. i dont even really like COMMUNISM but this fear mongery bullshit is such weird bullshit to me. i know its partly an old dog whistle for the old white citizen council poo poo and basicaly a dog whistle in general but lol.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Bummed out that DJT is rallying. Wonder what that is all about.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

That's 100% a bone thrown in the general direction of Cuban immigrants, right?

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Toxic Mental posted:

How legal is it to mandate that something anti-_____ be taught? That doesn't seem legal at all lmao

:mods: House unAmerican activities committee? :mods:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Sure, I'll teach anti-communist classes. So, children, here are the flaws of previous attempts at communism and what we must do right to institute true space communism for everyone. Can you say the word "guillotine" children?"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I don't really trust people who think the Walt Disney corporation is communist to teach about the evils of communism.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

ya'll need to stop watching that stock like a hawk. aside from turning the thread into the bitcoin thread, you are absolutely going to drive yourself crazy every time a small rally occurs. It's the stock market, things rise and fall all the time with little explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

lol, I visited Miami Dade college recently, and it's like, very technologically advanced and full of weird-looking college kids who fit the description of "stereotypical leftist."