Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
look I know conservatives are loving insane right now but you have to remember like 95% of this poo poo is purely engagement bait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

But… what if they have a car?!!! :ohdear:

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

training to outrun bullets

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

eke out posted:

also, with all due respect to the pollsters, you can look at a poll where trump wins women +1 and instantly dismiss it lol (not to mention winning 18-29s significantly, but at least i understand those are harder to find and there are a lot fewer of them in your sample so weighting can make your numbers less realistic)

Didn't Trump get a large majority of white women in 2016.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'm not running to get into shape for bikini season, I'm training to get to the toilet in time more often. Who's with me!?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I'm not running to get into shape for bikini season, I'm training to get to the toilet in time more often. Who's with me!?

My man!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I was with a friend Friday and as I walked up to her house I saw she had an RFK sign in her yard. I desperately tried to avoid talking politics with her but she brought it up.

I think she found her way down that rabbithole through the natural healing/yoga/wellness community. Interestingly, it appears she mostly finds RFK to be a compelling figure. She's not a Trump fan and never was, but definitely dislikes Biden and Democrats in general a lot, and is convinced he has indeed weaponized the government. I did not ask her about vaccines because I did not want to know.

My impression was she was more about "gently caress both these parties" than anything else.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

JAMOOOL posted:

look I know conservatives are loving insane right now but you have to remember like 95% of this poo poo is purely engagement bait

People caused a run on ivermectin horse paste so they could eat it a few years ago

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The world is gently caress

Bring it on!

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

MrQwerty posted:

People caused a run on ivermectin horse paste so they could eat it a few years ago

right but I don't think it was the people posting about it on Twitter who were actually trying to buy it

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

MrQwerty posted:

This happened too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/52012242

They weren't even sick. They thought taking it would cure them of the Coronavirus before they even got it.

It kind of worked, though. The husband at least lived out the rest of his life never contracting the Coronavirus.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Murdstone posted:

I was with a friend Friday and as I walked up to her house I saw she had an RFK sign in her yard. I desperately tried to avoid talking politics with her but she brought it up.

I think she found her way down that rabbithole through the natural healing/yoga/wellness community. Interestingly, it appears she mostly finds RFK to be a compelling figure. She's not a Trump fan and never was, but definitely dislikes Biden and Democrats in general a lot, and is convinced he has indeed weaponized the government. I did not ask her about vaccines because I did not want to know.

My impression was she was more about "gently caress both these parties" than anything else.

Sorry about your dumb-as-hell friend.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Shageletic posted:

Didn't Trump get a large majority of white women in 2016.

I don't know how similar it is between the US and Australia, but down here there's a truism that nobody votes for anyone, they only vote against them.

I can't imagine a majority of women voting for Trump, but I can picture them voting against HC. Again, I don't know what it's like over there, but at the time she came across as hugely obnoxious.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

IshmaelZarkov posted:

I can't imagine a majority of women voting for Trump, but I can picture them voting against HC. Again, I don't know what it's like over there, but at the time she came across as hugely obnoxious.

Anecdotal but there were a lot of women at his rallies, including a few with classy garments proclaiming their willingness to allow Trump to grab them somewhere.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

as someone who's never been to an area in question, here's why my theorycrafting is important. in this thread i, 1 of 192

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The Bible posted:

This happened too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/52012242

They weren't even sick. They thought taking it would cure them of the Coronavirus before they even got it.

It kind of worked, though. The husband at least lived out the rest of his life never contracting the Coronavirus.

The system works.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I mean, who the gently caress has RFK lawn signs up in April except the terminally insane?

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
i still don't fully understand why fauci was so heavily targeted by their propagandists

the hate obsession over that guy was next level, and i never understood the exact motivation for their media networks to go after him specifically with what felt like many hundreds of hours of propaganda

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Fishmasher posted:

i still don't fully understand why fauci was so heavily targeted by their propagandists

the hate obsession over that guy was next level, and i never understood the exact motivation for their media networks to go after him specifically with what felt like many hundreds of hours of propaganda

They did the same thing with Hunter Biden.

Who knows? I guess the mere proximity to Biden, as well as opposition to Trump was enough to trigger them. I don't know what they ever expected to get out of either.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fishmasher posted:

He made Trump look bad, and thus was thrown into the 24/7 Hate Machine, and from there it's a life on its own.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

redshirt posted:

He made Trump look bad, and thus was thrown into the 24/7 Hate Machine, and from there it's a life on its own.

Yeah, I think it's important to note that while the upper crust Republican Party can control the messaging, they can't really control how the uneducated and brainwashed in the base interpret it. Some of the weirder poo poo we see might just be emergent from those people connecting dots that no one intended to be connected. Q, for example.

This is also why you sometimes see their own get eaten by the base, like MTG or Pence. It may not have been intended, just some poo poo that happened unexpectedly and now they have to take one for the team.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hey season 5 of Fargo is super good and I highly recommend everyone itt watch it (*trump reference in the final episode) but really a huge portion of the show is devoted to clowning on alt-right libertarian morons so watch it

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

The Hambulance posted:

On the way home, I saw a billboard on the PA Turnpike that said “Trump lost. You’re in a cult.” :sun:

There are 3 on route 422 that are entirely Trump cult insanity. Right now they're playing a lot of anti Palestine schlock too.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Murdstone posted:

I am very much on board with "gently caress both these parties", but I'm also a realist and do not want to live in the "Trump won a 2nd time" USA, so there is zero chance that I vote for anyone except Biden to prevent that.

cantwellmuckenfuss
Mar 30, 2011

Jill Stein and that dude pulling ~7% total is pure pollster bullshit. People don't know who the gently caress Cornell West is...very few know who Jill Stein is.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Welp.. guess I won't be sleeping tonight.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

what in tarnation

cantwellmuckenfuss
Mar 30, 2011

Hobo Clown posted:

"I'm the type of politician who's willing to learn from my mistakes. Also that wasn't a mistake, the dog was asking for it."

And she hated that dog. The goat loving sucked too. Vote for her if you want to double-tap your pets. Please let some reporter find the immigrant workers who watched the Noem bus-stop massacre. We need to hear from the witnesses.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

verbal enema posted:

what in tarnation

It'll be a reality streaming channel when he loses again.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

"We saw you from across the bar and we're really digging your vibe, you wanna have a drink with us?"

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

the last thing a $4 bottle of zinfadel sees

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Do not, my friends, become addicted to LOLs, they will take ahold of you, and you will resent its abscence!

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Weird Monday morning in Europe with this thread. While reading it there was a news story on tv about some US woman abandoning a dog on the road while driving a car without plates, filmed from the car behind. gently caress that women.

Good thing my wife follows @kromfohrlander1 on Insta, so at least I had that cute dog to give me a happier start into this week.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So this is the Nite Krew I've read so much about....

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do we really need a 3rd Roald Dahl, The Witches remake?

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Is that the Ark of the Covenant behind them? Man, there's nothing Trump won't steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Troublemaker posted:

Is that the Ark of the Covenant behind them? Man, there's nothing Trump won't steal.

lol they don't dare open it, for good reason.