Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bee Movie was incredibly poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

jerry is so old he calls it, "p.c."

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
That's 2/4 of the Seinfeld cast. Maybe Elaine could shoot a dog.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Disco Pope posted:

That does sound like a Veep storyline.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Disco Pope posted:

I mean she's a hereditary billionaire, so inherently guillotine-worthy (not to mention sponge-worthy). But idk she seems pretty cool and normal from what I've ever seen? Good PR at least.

Jason Alexander I assume is just like his character on CYE.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

I mean she's a hereditary billionaire, so inherently guillotine-worthy (not to mention sponge-worthy). But idk she seems pretty cool and normal from what I've ever seen? Good PR at least.

Jason Alexander I assume is just like his character on CYE.

George is anti Trump (woke)

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
jerry, kramer and elon sitting around a table randomly yelling the n-word

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Jason Alexander, as far as I can tell, is a cool and decent guy. Seinfeld was never a show that I found funny but respected its craft.

I think milaneza made a pretty good point just a bit upthread about the power of nostalgia, something that's much easier to grasp onto and understand than confront even 1% of the complex and challenging world around us in present day. Jerry Seinfeld is, for most people a hard-working and gifted comedian (again, not in my eyes), who easily could have retired aeons ago but still does stand up for the love of it. The problem is the sense of insane entitlement and complete lack of introspection. There is no willingness to understand people, their struggles and why they're currently unhappy with the way things are. It's the Principal Skinner "it's the children who are wrong" bit in real life.

The environment in which they made their fortune has changed and they hate this.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Larry David was TV married to RFK's wife lmao

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jerry Seinfeld: "Comedians are on top, we react instantly to the audience who always love us!"

The camera pans to a clip of Dave Chapelle getting boo'd on stage for telling unfunny trans jokes right before bringing Elon Musk on stage

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
what's the deal with

all these billionaires publicly whining about how awful or unfair their lives are every day

spend a trillionth of your net worth on a team of world class therapists, holy poo poo

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

the best people
https://twitter.com/prem_thakker/status/1785061082924495111

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

Jerry Seinfeld: "Comedians are on top, we react instantly to the audience who always love us!"

The camera pans to a clip of Dave Chapelle getting boo'd on stage for telling unfunny trans jokes right before bringing Elon Musk on stage

Comedians In Cars Getting Caught Up In the Idea That Comedians Are, Like, the Ultimate Truth Tellers That Keep Society Accountable For Their Actions MAAAAAAAAAAAN

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

jerry seinfeld has more money than donald toops

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

(Slap bass riff)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

QuarkJets posted:

jerry seinfeld has more money than donald toops

:sad:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It's also kind of funny because 5k is like nothing to her I'm sure.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Escape From Noise posted:

it's her monthly allowance if she keeps her grades up.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Escape From Noise posted:

lol exactly. Seinfeld is worth a billion now, 5k is less than five cents for her.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

it's her monthly allowance if she keeps her grades up.

lmao

zone
Dec 6, 2016

loving disgusting :barf:

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

ah it makes sense now

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It‘s true that comedy is more difficult these days, but take Ricky Gervais‘ joke about Jenner not having done a lot for the image of female drivers.

One of those dumbass right wing idiots would have simply gone for something „haha she‘s not really a girl“ and attacked her for being trans, not for being a stupid rich idiot who got away with manslaughter.

An other thing that joke told us that there is idd a permanently online crowd of left wing nuts who don‘t understand comedy at all. Or maybe I am the dummy and that joke was transphobic, I just don‘t see it, with Gervais you never know because at times he does cross the line.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
That isssss not the only trans joke he has made. That's massively oversimplifying. Ricky Gervais is in the TERF camp with JK Rowling and Graham Linehan, slotted into the 'British celebrities who lost their minds bc trans people exist' category. You do not want to start defending those folks.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Apr 30, 2024

Prius_Roadrage
Jan 27, 2023
Ricky Gervais loving sucks

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only line Ricky Gervais doesn't cross in his stand up is the line into being funny

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Prius_Roadrage posted:

:biotruths:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The only line Ricky Gervais doesn't cross in his stand up is the line into being funny

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

holy gently caress why would you bring up ricky gervais in this thread.. glad i'm going to sleep so by morning hopefully the ricky gervais talk will be wiped out.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

We’re running dangerously low on Trump

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Strong Sauce posted:

holy gently caress why would you bring up ricky gervais in this thread.. glad i'm going to sleep so by morning hopefully the ricky gervais talk will be wiped out.

Ricky Gervais is the original chud of the original office much as the dolphin is the chud of the ocean

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
just absolute lol at Seinfeld, who became famous making bland jokes about airline food, is complaining about being cancelled by the woke in a world where It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is still going strong after 16 years. Maybe your poo poo's just not funny anymore dude.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Steadiman posted:

just absolute lol at Seinfeld, who became famous making bland jokes about airline food, is complaining about being cancelled by the woke in a world where It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is still going strong after 16 years. Maybe your poo poo's just not funny anymore dude.

I mean, my favourite current comedy show has jokes about ghosts coming out of the walls and jizzing, which I don't remember from the "halcyon" days of Seinfeld, Frasier and Friends (no shade on those though).

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

We’re running dangerously low on Trump

Sorry. All out. Instead have some of these sub-par slams!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Prius_Roadrage posted:

oh come on, he was in Seona Dancing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDvYpOnN9Qk

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Gervais got lost up his own arse. He's a guy who made some good points early on that people got behind (Even though it was nothing more remarkable than your average snipe against religion/politics/whatever you'd find any day on a GBS thread) but he then got it in his head that he's some sort of truth messiah, and when he ran out of significant things to say (which was very quickly) he had to pull points out of his toilet to keep up the praise and adulation he got hopelessly addicted to and he has to get it from dumber and dumber people...

One day he'll write a gritty dramedy about it where the main character called Ricky will realise how much a monumental loving rear end in a top hat he is while wondering why nobody likes him as a person despite being rich, famous and quotable.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

wait is that the thread's favorite rapper in cartoon form? is his face an actual branding thing? Impressive how they managed to capture that patented constipated look of his, and his inability to smile like a human

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

I mean, my favourite current comedy show has jokes about ghosts coming out of the walls and jizzing, which I don't remember from the "halcyon" days of Seinfeld, Frasier and Friends (no shade on those though).

No! the ghost coming outtof the wall and jizzing everywhere joke is depraved and woke!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Steadiman posted:

wait is that the thread's favorite rapper in cartoon form? is his face an actual branding thing? Impressive how they managed to capture that patented constipated look of his, and his inability to smile like a human

Fromage Blow is a walking PSA about the dangers of fetal alcohol syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Steadiman posted:

Somebody should clip that and buy his stupid face as an emote. Would be a good response when someone posted the worst cringiest poo poo ever (yes, much like this post)