Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

kazil posted:

lmao there it is

He has violated the terms of his ROR release in the DC case. It can now be revoked, and he can be jailed there as soon as Judge Chutkan has a hearing.

(terms of release): https://abcnews.go.com/US/live-upda...16?id=101943446

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

“the Court will not tolerate continued willful violations of its lawful orders”

I mean… We’ll see.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Money, no jail? Boooooo this judge.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hazo posted:

We’ll see.

I'll believe it when I see it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Silly Burrito posted:

Money, no jail? Boooooo this judge.

"first" offense, gotta lay the groundwork

remember there's a hearing on Thursday for 4 more charges of contempt

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Hazo posted:

I mean… We’ll see.

A single tear of humiliated rage rolls down the Judge's cheek.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is $DJT up because all the polls show him winning the election?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kazil posted:

loving Mr. Nice! scooping me on everything today lol

Judge says he wishes he could fine more. Talks of jailtime next
https://www.nycourts.gov/LegacyPDFS/press/PDFs/D.O.motion4contempt-FINAL.pdf

I'm reposting what someone watching cnn is posting in a discord :lol:

Anyways, just read that motion for contempt. The final paragraph is one of the most direct "gently caress around and find out" statements I've seen from a judge.

quote:

While $1,000 may suffice in most instances to protect the dignity of the judicial system, to compel respect for its mandates and to punish the offender for disobeying a court order, it unfortunately will not achieve the desired result in those instances where the contemnor can easily afford such a fine. In those circumstances, it would be preferable if the Court could impose a fine more commensurate with the wealth of the contemnor. In some cases that might be a $2,500 fine, in other cases it might be a fine of $150,000. Because this Court is not cloaked with such discretion, it must therefore consider whether in some instances, jail may be a necessary punishment.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
wow 9k for trying to do jury intimidation. surely the rapist ex president will stop now.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

kazil posted:

"first" offense, gotta lay the groundwork

remember there's a hearing on Thursday for 4 more charges of contempt

Well, the first ten, only nine of which counted apparently. Gotta give another ten or twenty chances before it does something more than cost him pocket change. Ya know, just a few more chances to get a jurist murdered or something. Can't be too strict about that kind of thing don'cha know?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Reminder: On the stand is Gary Farro. He's a banker who helped Michael Cohen open an account to pay off Stormy Daniels

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm reposting what someone watching cnn is posting in a discord :lol:

Anyways, just read that motion for contempt. The final paragraph is one of the most direct "gently caress around and find out" statements I've seen from a judge.

Court must consider, but under no circumstances must court actually do anything to hurt the defendant's feelies

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

bird food bathtub posted:

Well, the first ten, only nine of which counted apparently. Gotta give another ten or twenty chances before it does something more than cost him pocket change. Ya know, just a few more chances to get a jurist murdered or something. Can't be too strict about that kind of thing don'cha know?

The first one was legitimately hard to tell whether or not it was responding directly to Cohen statements made the day before and the day of. Trump is allowed to respond to political attacks. None of the other posts, despite claiming they were responsive, had even a tenuous connection to anything said by the targeted party.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"Contemnor" is a cool word for someone in contempt of court. Much respect for our Contemnor President

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

kazil posted:

loving Mr. Nice! scooping me on everything today lol

Judge says he wishes he could fine more. Talks of jailtime next
https://www.nycourts.gov/LegacyPDFS/press/PDFs/D.O.motion4contempt-FINAL.pdf

He has to remove the offending Truths by 2:15pm today lol

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Youth Decay posted:

Will he even be out of court before then?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Aramis posted:

Wrt/ Seinfeld, even if he was sort of right, and some out-of-touch TV executives are so risk averse that they pass on good shows to avoid having to deal with potential lash-back, that still makes him a cowardly rear end in a top hat for blaming the plebe instead of said decision makers.

But punching down is on brand for him, so it tracks.

I don't think he's right at all, some of the longest-running sitcoms you can name are primarily known for being edgy, especially when he says poo poo like "Larry could only make the Palestinian Chicken episode because he was grandfathered in" - remember "The Gang Goes Jihad" was in Season *2* and that show is still going strong today, in fact several of the jokes Curb did in its final season were the same jokes It's Always Sunny was doing two seasons ago

like a lot of old stand up comedians I think he's still scandalized from the fact that people dared to criticize Chappelle for doing 17 consecutive specials focused on trans people and has taken that to mean that comedians can't say anything anymore. idk last time I checked Anthony Jeselnik was doing pretty well.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

pixaal posted:

There are some breaks. If Trump doesn't delete them, Devin Nunes will

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Youth Decay posted:

Each will be replaced by 2 to 3 more whining about how his freedom of speech is being infringed.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

A few hogs finally found the time and energy to protest for their orange deity? Wonders happen every day

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

pixaal posted:

Presumably he has toadies doing it for him. But there's a good chance he'll post new violations before the day is out.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Chapelle and Louis CK being pieces of poo poo was the biggest fuckin bummer

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Aren't Family Guy and South Park still huge? Can't say I've seen a new episode myself in years (I'll zone out to a re-run, though), but edgelord poo poo is their bread and butter.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The trailer for Bee Movie, with Seinfeld wearing a stupid bee costume, was funnier than anything in the actual film.

Similarly, the trailer for Comedian was funnier than the movie, which had Seinfeld fawning over his comedic hero Bill Cosby.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Disco Pope posted:

Aren't Family Guy and South Park still huge? Can't say I've seen a new episode myself in years (I'll zone out to a re-run, though), but edgelord poo poo is their bread and butter.

I watched a bit of South Park early into covid and basically everything new was saying they were sorry for the poo poo they made fun of in the past and that they'd do better but then did a bunch of unfunny stuff with Randy moving Stan out of South Park to a farm where they grow weed. Like a multiple season long joke about growing weed.

I think they just want to be done with South Park from what I saw, no I didn't watch a massive chunk of season between where I last watched and that.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

JAMOOOL posted:

I don't think he's right at all, [...]

No one itt is as far as I can tell.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Trial right now is pretty much verifying paperwork

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

pixaal posted:

I watched a bit of South Park early into covid and basically everything new was saying they were sorry for the poo poo they made fun of in the past and that they'd do better but then did a bunch of unfunny stuff with Randy moving Stan out of South Park to a farm where they grow weed. Like a multiple season long joke about growing weed.

I think they just want to be done with South Park from what I saw, no I didn't watch a massive chunk of season between where I last watched and that.

The weed farm stuff is funnier if you live in colorado because some of it is spot on what some dick heads act like.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pixaal posted:

Randy owns. Haters vacate.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Small Strange Bird posted:

Similarly, the trailer for Comedian was funnier than the movie, which had Seinfeld fawning over his comedic hero Bill Cosby.

Lol. For real?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I haven't watched Family Guy in probably over a decade, but American Dad is great.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Sometimes I forget how loving preachy South Park was. Jesus Christ. I get it! You want me to read Ayn Rand!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

In congressional news, the MTV is effectively dead

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Small Strange Bird posted:

The trailer for Bee Movie, with Seinfeld wearing a stupid bee costume, was funnier than anything in the actual film.

That explains a lot

When Cosby was outed as a monster I simply stopped quoting him and moved on to other sources of comedy and entertainment. It sucked but I found it to be possible.

Seinfeld all like "no I shouldn't have to give up my toys just because they're covered in lead paint"

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

pixaal posted:

I assume they would've ended the show already but a few years ago viacom paid them 900 MILLION to keep it going until 2027

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

The right is starting to get better at comedy and it's making lefties nervous.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Escape From Noise posted:

The right is starting to get better at comedy and it's making lefties nervous.

I love how their only defense against people bringing lawsuits and criminal charges against them is "yeah well u smell"

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

kazil posted:

In congressional news, the MTV is effectively dead

That's going to put Johnson squarely into the Democrats' pocket as far as the HFC is concerned. They will blow a gasket over this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

cross examination up next