Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

syntaxfunction posted:

My excuse is I'm not American.

Please don't quiz me on Australian history (lol no one ever cares about Australian history)

Emu war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Every year the Emu's get a day off work on the day we officially surrendered to them. :(

Emus seem like the nicest of the large freaky birds so just be glad it wasn’t the Cassowary war!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

At least in Canada we build suits of armour to only protect against grizzlies.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Grizzly_(film)

Grizzlies: nature’s cops?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Stacked Giuliani

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Trump probably thinks that if he dies the VP is killed and buried with him

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Also the check should come with a coupon for a free blizzard

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

*antman goes bananas*

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Fobby posted:

Probably still inflation. Just because the rates are lower now doesn't mean prices have gone down. Unless people become used to things costing more, businesses decide they'd prefer to make less money or supply explodes, or morons realize that it wasn't caused by Biden turning up the economy dial labeled "GROCERY PRICES" it will probably be possible to blame it on the Democrats. Even if prices do go back down Republicans can just say they didn't and no one will question it, like that annual Thanksgiving dinner cost thing.

Biden enacting stronger labour protections that result is higher wages is probably the only way to increase consumer purchasing power. I have no idea what policy that aligns with GOP principles would make it easier for Joe pubic to buy a loaf of bread. Prices will not go down!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Fobby posted:

I think you're certainly correct about this but there are still reasons people might vote against Biden. It's harder to conceptualize the chain of events and timeframe here leading to more money in any given voter's pocket versus some detail-free and simple promise Trump could make (and break). People could claim that if Biden was going to do anything he would have done it his first term, ignoring the roadblocks from Congress. They might just not believe it, since there's a lot of anti-union/labor propaganda. Also they could attack Biden's record here based on that railroad strike. Maybe they're just dissatisfied with cost and think any change is a good change or things were better for them when Trump was president regardless of cause and effect.

I guess the point I'm making is that Democrats and everyone who wants Biden reelected should be prepared to convincingly make that argument, assuming voters can be convinced by words nowadays. It probably would be counterproductive to go with a Clintonesque, "that's just what the prices are now after my presidency and you have to pay them at your current income level or get a better job as a computer programmer."

Yeah it’s a tough hill to climb especially for anyone campaigning on things that are doable in this reality. I think reframing into some kind of improving things for workers especially in the realm of wages while pointing out companies have been taking in record profits while increasing wages at a far slower rate etc.. it’s not a silver bullet unfortunately and would probably require too much faith in voters intelligence and willingness to vote in their own self interests.

It’s harder to show correlation than things like school debt forgiveness or drug reform though and would probably make the wealth class even madder being forced to cut the plebs in.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I know it shouldn’t be surprising anymore but it still is pretty amazing that a public figure let alone an ex president would post the most unhinged poo poo in an attempt to discredit the prosecution in a case against him. Just wild.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

$69

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

His long rambling posts really lack the punch of the old twitter character limit ones

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

“7 toed honkey dipshit”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Idgaf if someone steals some poo poo just keep your goddamn carts outta the 9 items or less line or I will CUT YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Asterite34 posted:

Yeah, the death of Trump's mother-in-law was really devastating, really made him dwell on his own mortality

...mainly because she was only a year older than him

The wrong boomer died

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Coolguye posted:

there's nobody who can rally the chud base the way donny t has. it took him most of his life to get the mythos to manage it. we basically saw Vivec try the strong daddy bit this time around and he fell flat on his face with it. sure, the fact that he's not white didn't help, but self-effacing PoCs have worked their way into alt-right circles before. the utter REJECTION of Vivec by EVERY chud told a deeper story, imo. they need to believe you're actually invulnerable. that is a long-tailed scam.

the only other person who has been trying to do that in the last 10 years is Musk. Musk has legit been working on his invulnerable genius mythos since the late 90s, and he has a story that could easily resonate with the chuds in that he's been "screwed over" by a bunch of non cishet minorities but he's still standing! he's still here! oorah!

unlike donny t, however, musk has had a lot of much more public failures that crack the mythos. and, even if he does shake off all those failures and become the next messiah of chud-dom... he's not a natural born citizen of the USA, so he can never run for president. at absolute best he could become governor of, like, Texas.

Also musk is a horrible public speaker and charisma vacuum

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Thank Christ no one has hacked that dumbasses’ iCloud who knows what horrors they’d find

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Those properties will become more valuable as collectibles once he's dead

NFTs for one square foot of trump property are launched, jump up to 500k then instantly crater

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Do you go for the face and then a series of bodyblows, King Hippo-style?

That would probably cause him to release his stink gland spraying the attacker with a greasy funk stinking of rear end and fries

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

gently caress these people are goddamn batshit

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Now shop that Trump sketch as Oswald getting shot by jack ruby.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh yah good point I suppose

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

lol even better!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

she looks like she eats corn like a typewriter looney tunes style

and then finishes the cob like a beaver eating a tree

She'd throat it straight down then engage the teeth to strip the kernels around its circumference evenly as she pulls it out

All while maintaining eye contact and making a disturbing clicking noise

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Total Party Kill posted:

if anyone is struggling with these jokes above, "Johnson" is a another name for "penis" hth

WHAT

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Grey Cat posted:

THEY SAID, "IF ANYONE IS STRUGGLING WITH THESE JOKES ABOVE, 'JOHNSON' IS A ANOTHER NAME FOR 'PENIS' HTH"

HOKAYYYY

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok ok after this page is done let's move on from the Johnson jokes

Glad they are allowed to go to completion

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Johnson reported in a dark, unknown place. Said it smells like butt and ketchup. Apparently was not where reporters last spotted him.

For some thread comedy about Trump, we have:

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1745847252617494997

Tweet text: Kevin O'Leary, "Mr. Wonderful" went on CNN and absolutely DESTROYS Letitia James' case against Trump:

“Every single real estate developer everywhere on Earth does this…Who lost money? Nobody! If you’re gonna sue this case and win, you gotta sue every real estate developer everywhere...so I don’t think this thing will ever survive appeal…This doesn’t even make sense.”

I love this idiot tried to win the Conservative Party leadership in Canada thinking he could trade off his celebrity and didn’t even come in the top 5. He’s the epitome of a dumb business luck idiot thinking he’s some kind of economic savant. Just a complete loudmouth fool. I hope this leads to his properties being more scrutinized in the future.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Escape From Noise posted:

God drat Mr. "Wonderful" is such a terrible piece of poo poo.

Remember the time he drunkenly crashed a boat, killing someone, then swapped places with his wife so she took the fall? Yeah he's a real peach.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kevin O'Leary's wife also skated based on the "I had a drink after the accident to calm my nerves" excuse

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/verdict-trial-linda-o-leary-fatal-boat-crash-1.6174808

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Another Bill posted:

On weird trick that gets you out of DUIs in Canada! (seriously it works)

Yeah the cop that tasered Dziekanski to death got out of a DUI this way after that too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

is Canada okay jesus christ

Tim Horton, the guy that started the chain that would come to dominate lovely coffee and donut shops in Canada, was killed while driving drunk. It's kind of our thing.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Speaking of which, anyone watching the current season of Fargo? It references Trump and MAGA a fair amount; Jon Hamm's playing a character who is basically a cross between Joe Arpaio and Ammon Bundy.

Love it, honestly it's my favourite Fargo season so far. Jon Hamm has been amazing along with all the cast.

It's extremely timely.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Why doesn't Biden simply drone strike the supreme court??

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Eharmony has gone woke

radio buttons and not checkboxes?!? WTF!?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Also to build a wall and/or invade mexico

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It actually does sound kinda fun tbh

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

^^ JEB!

I just am down for wearing hats and nothing else

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Esplanade posted:

God, I hope none of those caucusgoers are wearing hats and nothing else.

That was not what I meant and it is horrifying to contemplate and I apologize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gresh posted:

gonna be a very trumpy 4 years

TROMP TURUMP TUMP

It may be because I had a long day and my brain is fried but I have no idea how to interpret these numbers