Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

reminder that if trump wins, canpakes will not be permabanned. i assume every american on this forum will do their duty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i dont want trash american milk in ontario :thanks:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

nobodygetshurt posted:

dude unless you have proof don't even start that poo poo here. i'm tired of it. there's no way Trump would ever call you, are you a politician or a rich person or anyone Trump would have even a remote interest in? Trump is only going to call people to get money out of them cos that's all he cares about. he doesn't give a poo poo (pun intended!) about anything else, and he certainly isn't taking anyone else's poo poo (pun intended!). If you look at his history, he's a known narcissist who only delights in making himself richer while others suffer.

and LEAVE HAL OUT OF THIS! this is just beyond the pale, the guy needs a break, he's not in the shadows doing anything. the next thing you're gonna say is that Hal is part of the deepstate, do you hear how stupid you sound?

hal is absolutely part of ghe deepstate

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

just getting caught up on the insane nfl trump taylor swift conspiracy and lmfao.

am i understanding it correctly that dem voters have adopted a jetsetting billionaire silver spoon celebrity as theor champion in america?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol that goons are still using over/under wrong after all these years

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

i wish i could do 6ers just for this thread when it happens.

pm me every time it happens and i will probate them until they learn. this thread gets like 1000 posts a day so i dont really follow it unless im really bored at work

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol epic

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

god bless america

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ben shapino posted:

is trump in jail or what what's going on

he'll be facing consequences aaaaaaany day now

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

kazil posted:

lol at the entire thread collapsing at any setback

hold the line pedes!!!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

is doomerism illegal itt or?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Asterite34 posted:

God this thread is insufferable today

If you ain't here to LOL, don't post, good Lord

this is the american politics containment thread

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

a stock wouldn't normally be valued at 1000x annual revenue, but that's just because they lack trump branding

havent seen the stock market for the last 10 years huh

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

good

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Beastie posted:

this should be a ban imo

theyre on thin ice

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmfao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

AI content. Boring. Lame. Requires no effort.

Bespoke shitposting. Glorious. Beautiful.

this

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

its fun watching people react to the stock market for the first time

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

cr0y posted:

Okay so for anyone who doesn't understand how this stock market works and market cap, evaluations etc.

So I'm sitting here on my couch, I've decided that I'm starting a company and I have a million shares of it. If one of you idiots buys one share off of me for $100, congratulations I know have a hundred million market cap.

lol not really tho

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

marshalljim posted:

Technically true, but not all that relevant here. 49 million shares of DJT changed hands today, making it the eighth most active NASDAQ stock by share volume.

its not even technically true. good for a laff tho

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Durf posted:

ngl I sometimes wish I'd bought 100 bitcoins back when SA was first making fun of it.

but between then and now there was a good chance i'd either
- sell it way too early
- lose the wallet info
- have it stolen by russians or the exchange itself
- be kidnapped and tortured for it
- somehow cash out and become an enormous bluecheck rear end in a top hat always falling for NFTs etc

hindsight 20/20, past results not indicative future performance, etc.

could say the same about tesla, gamespot, etc., many other stocks that have ludicrous valuations not tied to actual fundamental value. i held dwac briefly back in 2021 when the memery first began

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

thanks to the thread, bought 775 shares this morning at 12.91. now i'm wondering if i want to see if i can double up or just bail now...

just held it for a quick volume day swing trade. sold it at 18.54 hours later. should i have held for longer? who gives a poo poo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

you don't have to be a genius to profit on volume

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Right now it is volatile because it is volatile, day traders, market frontrunners and algorithms loving love a volatile stock, you can quickly buy and sell swings which causes swings that self-reinforce. Until they don't. There is no floor to DJT, the company is worthless, eventually the game is over and the same forces that caused the swings become massive self reinforced panic selling since nobody wants to be left holding the bag. This can happen shockingly quickly, with no fundamentals backing the stock, it can completely collapse to a few dollars as quickly as the circuit breakers let it, which is why the circuit breakers exist in the first place.

cant believe im saying this about a 3o post but this is the first sane stock market post ive seen itt. everyone should stop following the stock. the stock market is scary and confusing

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Three Olives posted:

I figure a not-insignificant number of people buy mid-grade because it feels like it would be a better gas than regular but would not splurge on premium. When you factor in the scale that people buy gas, even a couple of dollars on each fill-up would really add up.

Also, if I didn't have a conscience I would start a company selling premium electricity service optimized for EVs.

mid grade can be advantageous in engines tuned for 87 at different altitudes or in badly worn/aged engines

that said, most modern engines dont need it due to the ability to pull/have variable timing, knock sensors, etc.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Literally during the initial weeks of the pandemic when hardly anyone was leaving their homes. A barrel of oil had negative value on the commodities markets. :lol:

4 years ago, gas was cheap as poo poo, but everything was closed, people were afraid of catching a deadly airborne virus, and hospitals were overrun to the point where if you had a heart attack, were in a car accident, or got shot, you were probably going to die.

But what do we have to lose, right?

it was epic because i got to stay home and play games with my friends all day :sigh:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Malick23 posted:

89 octane gas exists for the same reason that medium buckets of popcorn exist at a movie theater. It's called the decoy effect and it allows them to sell more 91 octane at a higher cost

https://www.shopify.com/enterprise/blog/108418950-decoy-pricing-the-strategies-your-competitors-use-to-get-customers-to-buy-more

not exactly, as explained up thread

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Squiggle posted:

Also holy poo poo 95 octane

euro octane ratings are based on a different calculation than north american. euro 95 is equivalent to NA 91

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

wheatpuppy posted:

Apparently that whole screed is something that Seth actually posted about some QCS poster's avatar? And europool chose to quote it without quote tags for .... reasons.

its insanely epic and seth has been brutally owned once again

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

I’m think of Haljordaning two things

1. Anime chat is illegal
2. Stephen Chowder’s pathetic divorce until it’s resolved because I don’t care about the minutiae, only the end ownage

yup.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol rly good

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

crooked joe biden...

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Three more hours of this?

I mean goons constantly posting updates on a stock price.

its painful. goons looking at the stock market for the first time

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Seph posted:

Revenues declined quarter over quarter. This is not a growth stock.

"growth" i nthis context refers to userbase, ie, a potential pool of customers that can later be exploited for revenue. its really stupid that things have become this way but its a fairly standard metric when evaluating an app startup

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i could eaisly kill putin if i wanted to. but i wont

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

non trump lol

wrong thread oval office

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

i am being silenced.

that's right

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

they probably meant white countries. which probably still isnt true if they exclude the US and Russia, or europe as a whole or EUROPECOUNTRY

russias military is large but pathetic. but they are getting a ton of conventional warfighting experience in ukraine. but their junior officer and nco corps is paying dearly for that experience. france is probably the strongest nation in europe, then a toss up between russia and the uk. the uk may not even be in the top 10 worldwide

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Tai posted:

I've trained a lot with them.

ah, you're trolling. carry on

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

The vast, vast majority of volume (green and red bars) was people buying at the top and then getting fleeced lmao

i mean... there was just as much selling going on at the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Deptfordx posted:

With DJT stock there's also a non-zero possibility that say the Saudi sovereign wealth fund or some other nefarious player decides Trump has enough of a shot at retaking the presidency to be worth massively bribing investing in to secure future influence.

It's probably not likely but I sure as hell wouldn't risk shorting DJT.

thats not how any of this works