Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Biden, grow the beard

Buzz Aldrin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Toxic Mental posted:

:siren: Mod challenge time :siren:

Person who guesses closest without going over Trump's fine for his NYC civil trial with the RACIST IG Letitia James gets a gift cert.

People who is closest while going over gets a special one-of-a-kind handmade 6er image courtesy of me.

$112 million

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I was shopping at K-Mart once and got in line at the only working register, the first person finished paying and left and then the little old lady in front of me, who only had a giant thing of fabric softener in her cart, pushed right past the cashier and straight out the door without paying. The cashier gave a half hearted "Hey..." and we both watched the lady, who didn't look a day less then 80, go.

Anyway K-Mart went out of business because of a crooked libertarian venture capitalist

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

iroc.dis posted:

Thought I would pop in to share a lol.

My brother is in charge of elections for a state government. He and his entire staff have been getting death threats since the 2020 election. The death threats don't really bother him but half of his staff, most of which were just career state government administrative types, have all resigned out of fear. Last year, his office received an envelope that contained a handwritten message about the "stolen election" and a bunch of powdered fentanyl. I guess the sender had watched too much Fox News and hoped that whoever opened the letter would magically ingest the powder and have an immediate fentanyl overdose.

Well this week he told me that people who hold his position in other states are now getting swatted. This meant that he got to sit his 3 young kids down and explain what to do if cops kick down their door in the middle of the night. Good times. Great country all around. Definitely headed in the right direction.

Doing this sort of thing thing to a public official really ought to be met with domestic terrorism charges

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

UBI will never exist in the United States. If it does it will be 1) below a livable amount 2) used as an excuse to eliminate other systems like food stamps and 3) opt-out so states like Florida can refuse

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

vaginite posted:

Tbh from a strictly sociopathic politics standpoint, Johnson passing a clean CR and then the Dems saving him would be the dumbest thing he could do. It'd turn his entire caucus against him and essentially turn house control over to Dems because his political life would forever more be in their hands. They could from that point on dictate what he can bring to the floor, because the instant they pulled support he'd get vacated immediately.

It woulda been a real funny misstep for everyone else though.

Passing a clean CR would be good for the country too and that's something the GOP cannot allow

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I have no idea if that's true but it is very funny, which makes it a truth

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

The most amazing thing is that Trump straight up hosed with the US intelligence apparatus and apparently they're fine with that? The horrible stuff they've done to American citizens in the name of national security is uncountable but Trump straight up steals and probably sold secrets, nothing.

they're chuds

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

kazil posted:

he admit it

I'm not going to vote for any of them

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I hope the Iowa caucus has record low turnout, it's what they deserve for demanding to go first

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Toxic Mental posted:

A nonzero number of people will hear this and then actually die because it convinced them to go to a caucus for a steak salesman

it's a drat shame

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

So the same poo poo Republicans have been flinging for decades?

Catastrophe posted:

"Stay based."

oh STFU. How old are you, again? You gonna tell me how Trump is "lit" and Haley is "mid" next?

The average 4chan user is probably 40 by now

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

The people who vote in an Iowa GOP Caucus have loving brain damage?

That's all I got from it

Lmao 2500 people love Jesus lord Trump on loving Iowa and the Doomers start Dies Iraeing

Yeah the turnout is abysmal, this is basically a poll of the stupidest motherfuckers in one of the dumbest states

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

notwithoutmyanus posted:

For 2024, normal people brackets have like an extra 3k deduction across the board.. Married filing joint, filing single etc.

For 2023, nothing I guess. I forgot what year changes are for.

edit: I stand corrected, it did hit 2023.

https://www.schwab.com/learn/story/taxes-things-to-know-now

big inflation adjustment:
After an inflation adjustment, the 2023 standard deduction increases to $13,850 for single filers and married couples filing separately and to $20,800 for single heads of household, who are generally unmarried with one or more dependents. For married couples filing jointly, the standard deduction rises to $27,700.

2022 was 12,950 19,400 and 25,900. So about 1-2 grand bump with more for 2024.

they make those inflation adjustments every year, the real change will be in 2026 when trump's tax cuts and jobs act expires and the system reverts to the smaller standard deduction + exemptions from before 2018 (this will be better for most people)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

lol at the 25 people who trudged through the snow to vote for Chris Christie anyway

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

49% of GOP hardcore Caucus goers

In a loving snowstorm.

Lmao

Like these freaks went into a snowstorm to vote for anyone BUT Trump.

Holy poo poo that's actually awful for him the more I LOL about it

lol Trump is going to stumble his way to the R nomination by getting 51% in every primary

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

redshirt posted:

Not sure if I read it here or on WaPo, but exit polls indicate 60% of caucus voters last night don't think Biden won legitimately in 2020.

Which is a sobering number if anywhere close to accurate.

60% of 4% of the least sane Iowans

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Whether the Dems protect him or not depends on him. If he runs his mouth about them like the last guy did they won't save him

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It would be fatal to our country if the supreme court ruled both that presidents are fully immune to being prosecuted for anything and not actually under oath to act in the best interests of the USA, so I don't think they're likely to do so but I do think it would be hilarious

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Well if Trump ran as a third party candidate, he would probably beat Ross Perot's 18.9% and give us a very hilarious election

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

BigglesSWE posted:

I’m looking forward to Melania leaving him in a very public and messy way. She’s awful and don’t deserve poo poo but he’s *more* awful and deserves all the bad press he can get. It will also be fun to see the inevitable bachelor president” takes the right wing media will try and cobble together around an orange oil spill in a suit.

I assume the prenup she signed is pretty airtight and makes sure she gets nothing if she leaves him, though if he is actually convicted and goes to prison all bets are off

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

kw0134 posted:

Will she actually say that? "We want to expand the social safety net" is not something they say because cruelty is the point. After all, this is the party that denies kids free school lunches because bootstraps or whatever. This also leaves her open to "okay, so if the fetus is a danger to the woman, is an abortion permissible?" and that's not something you can be mealy mouth about.

It would be a lie, but the media and voters are the most gullible people so why not lie to them at every turn

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

lol

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Catastrophe posted:

ffs. I hate this country.

"ignorant and rude... i can't wait to vote for him!" :byodood:

"he's just like me"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

every state has its own little air force

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I hope Trump’s dementia gets so bad that he starts to straight up admit to poo poo he’s done.

“So then I promised Putin Ukraine if he would help me beat Crooked Hillary! So what? No collusion!”

He already does and the consequences for it are coming any day now for sure

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Stink Billyums posted:

tucker carlson continues to draw the big names, his latest episode features mr. turd

15 gallons of turds in a 10 gallon hat

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I don't think Trump is sundowning because he's talked like this for at least the last 20 years. I think his brain just plain doesn't work right

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I don't even know who Dean Phillips is. I wish I didn't know who Marianne Williamson is.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Durf posted:

the GOPs only hope is to turn him into a martyr one way or another. its only trump or revenge for trump

Oh yeah after he dies GOP candidates are going to be screaming at each other about who he would have liked more

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

lol Trump is going to just barely win every Republican primary with 51-56% and become the least supported nominee ever

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

fat bossy gerbil posted:

When Trump dies the conspiracies are going to be so wild. His final moments could be televised as he shits himself to death in the hospital at the age of 99, his final words being “I died of natural causes” and half the republicans party will still either refuse to believe he’s dead or claim the democrats killed him.

one thing is assured, his autopsy report will not say "the anus is unremarkable"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

we should ship prisoners to Australia

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Snoop Dogg smokes 80 blunts a day

He ain't giving that up overnight

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

An Apple IIe with a box full of edutainment disks for every student

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I sure do hate when someone like Tucker goes independent and gets 2000 viewers a week instead of millions

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

InsertPotPun posted:

all this for one failed steak salesman

that's the real damage from all of this. the fact that one steak salesman can just take apart the country and no one can stop him.

but let a righteous man ask for equality or help and the entire country unites to take them down

and none of these trials would be happening, not a single criminal charge, if the failed steak salesman had stuck to selling steaks and condos and never run for president

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If the American people as a whole had any problem voting for geriatrics, there sure isn't any evidence of it because our government is almost entirely run by the elderly

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

the average age of the US Senate is 64 and the average age of House members is 57

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Three Olives posted:

It's actually a major secret problem that intersects with the Defund the Police debate, basically every major fire department in the US is extremely overfunded, they basically get paid to sit around and do nothing, they will regularly roll out full as ladder trucks to minor car accidents just because fire fighters are also EMTs.

Everyone knows they are extremely overfunded and have nothing to do and no one will touch a penny of their budgets, no one, it is a complete third-rail in local politics.

The reason ambulance calls usually get accompanied by a whole fire truck nowadays is because an increasing number of the people requiring emergency services are too large for just a couple of EMTs to move.