Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Why did everyone on the first page get probed? Deep State?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7320337655127117102

The end part is the relevant part.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Durf posted:

Seems like a straight shooter worth rallying behind

https://twitter.com/balleralert/status/1347140508141965312

too bad she died surrounded by a bunch of cosplayers screaming MEDIC as she bled out

lol that image where all the people look like wojacks(?) and it's from her POV

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Wingnut Ninja posted:

What's the over/under on them knowing what a bingo card is?

Same as goons not knowing what over/under means. :ughh:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/rooster_ohio/status/1744044996519489987
lmao

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

the guy has some other nice videos... here's the cops letting the proud boys go by without any plates.. and they try to lure him close because they can't throw worth a poo poo and have the strategic wit of jr high kids..

https://twitter.com/rooster_ohio/status/1744063636698444110

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Grey Cat posted:

This is a real person in our reality.
And that's sad.
But also lol.

https://twitter.com/rooster_ohio/status/1743768896081952863

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

the face-eating leopards have come home to roost for nikki. she was not expecting this!.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

if he's wrong and he tries to deflect by saying he said, "if" i'll have lost a lot of respect for this dude.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

Why? If is a hugely important qualifier in that sentence.

I feel like the statement is very aggrandized while not pointing out or knowing the likelihood of the outcome. It's a bit extreme.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Hollismason posted:

If they had evidence then don't you think they would have included that in their filing. If they had evidence don't you think they would be screaming it from the roof tops and Trump would be yelling about it non stop 24/7.

They got jack poo poo.

From my understanding their excuse was they can't produce it yet due to some legal reason... I don't think that's ever stopped Trump and his cohorts before.

Do you have a source about the 20 years ago thing?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

isn't the GOP's current thing not selling any of our energy resources, to anyone, ever again?

they were really mad at biden for selling off our oil reserves and then got double angry when he replenished it at a cheaper price than he had sold it.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

watch this video

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7313670836416777502

and see if you think you watched the same video as matt walsh.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

vaginite posted:

I got into an argument with a (literally) 400 pound guy at work who unironically claimed he could take Holly Holm in an octagon, he'd just grab her. I said even if she just didn't decide to jaw him and immediately end it, he'd never lay a finger on her and gas. He got super offended about it, like I was an idiot for not seeing that he, a morbidly obese man, couldn't beat up a world class trained fighter that was a silly woman.

Some guys are super weird about admitting a woman is better than them at anything.

Anyway RIP to Ryan Dunn :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB5EbhmJsZc

i'd totally forgotten about this clip but even funnier is they're not even fighting in the same weight class. He's got ~80 lbs on her according to random googling. Imagine someone in his weight class striking him in the stomach there.

Hollismason posted:

It's because Trump is siphoning off all of their money from small donations. That's why theyre all going broke.

No, it's because they went WOKE

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Where is haljordan. No posts since the new year. Deep State?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

I missed this part of the appeals hearing but yeah Cohen pretty much nails the implications at the end for what everyone is saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCOpKjwtKIk

i can't believe they're going with this whole "only if impeached and convicted" spiel.. i know this was talked about this morning but honestly it's just so stupid.

it's going to work though, isn't it? i mean with the chuds.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Target announced they were closing stores in SF.

I've lived here for 10 years and I've never even knew they had Targets there.

The Last Call posted:

I'm glad to hear it.

Could you show me some articles about it.

I'm quite curious on what ones that said and faked it.

https://ritholtz.com/2023/12/retail-lobby-we-lied-about-organized-theft/
Not sure who the guy is but he cites sources.
-----

quote:

“The main lobbying group for U.S. retailers retracted its claim that “organized retail crime” accounted for nearly half of all inventory losses in 2021 after finding that incorrect data was used for its analysis.” - Reuters

quote:

After six months of relentless propaganda on crime, the NRF had to edit the claim that “nearly half” of inventory losses were organized crime.

It’s not.

The actual number? About 5%, or 1/10 as much.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

THERE IS NO GREEN NEW DEAL

lol came here to yell this

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

i can't really watch this... this sucks.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biO2xAcy9Wg

one thing having a late night budget is having people search out foxnews complaining that the democrats are burning up the constitution and then in the next frame you just have trump saying he has immunity, total authority, etc...

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1745280894720504075

Remember how Jimmy Carter becoming president had to give up his peanut farm?

He must be pissed.

And Republicans wanted to impeach people for how much again?

how was there no follow up to, "what services did you provide china?" jfc
(edit: oh he's talking about hotel services, lame)

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

lmao

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Buce posted:

imagine being a secret service agent and your assignment is to take a bullet for donal trump lmao

i mean you can just not try that hard and claim trump was too big of a target. you can only cover so much ground

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

I don't know if you guys have been following the controversy around the ouster of Claudine Gay, from her position as President of Harvard following a lot of student protesting against Israel (aka supporting Palenstinians)

Well basically after she refused to disavow the protests, Bill Ackman, a hedgefund billionaire, basically accused her of plagiarizing in order to find another way to oust her. He basically got a lot of right wing chuds to amplify this until she finally resigned.

However, his wife, neri oxman, is an MIT Professor... and after Gay's ouster from Harvard, Business Insider did some research into her and found out she had copied Wikipedia word for word and this dude went off.

First he tried to silence Business Insider reporters by talking to the Private Hedgefund in charge of the company, who he is very buddy-buddy with. But of course that didn't go well.

I honestly don't want to go too much into it, but he's been posting huge long diatribes on twitter defending his wife and basically saying her copying off wikipedia, especially back 10+ years ago, isn't really plagiarism.
If you want to know more, Molly White, (of Wikipedia and Web3IsGoingGreat fame), did a couple videos about it starting here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_jM6aoTDK0

ANYWAYS the point of my post though is to post this tweet. "She" in this case is Bill Ackman's wife, and the person writing is Bill Ackman

https://twitter.com/DLNHLGSN/status/1744371947406778513/photo/1

:orb:

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 12, 2024

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

raditts posted:

Why would she resign over baseless plagiarism accusations?

I don't know the specifics but I believe she did plagiarize.. something. But there probably wasn't going to be any pressure to remove her over it other than the fact that she refused to do anything about the protest on campus. I don't really care either way about it. I mean yeah I guess remove her? But no one cared until this guy decided to basically use it to get her fired. But I think the funny thing about it was this dude's hypocrisy over being outraged by her plagiarism but not by his own wife's.

Edit: oh yeah and all the stuff that led to him admitting that she gave epstein an orb

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 12, 2024

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

kw0134 posted:

I mean I say yes too, but I appreciate what it means, those that actually want it do not.

The real killshot would have been to play along and ask specifically what in that two page resolution he found objectionable that he says he prepared so well for it. Don't get drawn into the intelligence game.

"if you take a look at my social media posts... which i know you can't because we're live at the moment but this answer allows me to squirm out of any hard questions i have to answer"

also wtf is wrong with his face. jfc.

Escape From Noise posted:

From the desk of Donald John Trump:

he knows he's already lost the case (because he didn't show up. lmao), and this part of it is to assess his penalties. like he already lost and he's either too dumb or too lovely of a person to even bother acknowledging that reality.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

kazil posted:

again, they were found guilty on the first charge only, there are other charges as well as the fine

so you agree. GUILTY.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

Let's be clear: the Dems ALLOWED the HFC to kick him out because he ONCE AGAIN was talking poo poo after making a deal with them, and they were completely sick of Kevin

I mean he also reneged on his agreement.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

In a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court has ruled that only Republican presidents are allowed to assassinate Supreme Court Justices and stipulated that this ruling only applies to liberal Justices.

Actually Kagan, Sotomayer, Jackson dissented but in a show of solidarity Roberts also dissented and condoled the other three judges on their bad luck.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

just liberal media bias.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

taiwan is having their presidential election tomorrow (1/13) (so technically right now since its 7am over there.)

the current president is termed out and her party (DPP) is leading the polls by 3-5 points. so hopefully their party's nominee does win. i am hoping they do and not the KMT (and the less worse alternative, TPP). imagine the incompetency of the GOP but split into two parties.. that's the opposition and yet they are within a MOE of winning.

taiwan law prevents polling 10 days before the election but nothing much has changed so here's hoping everything goes as planned.

okay that is all.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

kw0134 posted:

Tsai is pretty popular, no? Hopefully that translates positively but I admit not knowing enough about Taiwanese politics to say anything other than to potentially embarrass myself.

actual economic anxiety over her 2 terms have made the race closer.

but yeah i'm no expert but that is the "general" public opinion about why the race will be closer. wages have stagnated, prices have gone up, etc...

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

GoutPatrol posted:

I would predict a Lai win now, but I wouldn't be sure on 2028

That's for "4 years later" me to worry about.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

i know we all laugh cause it involves right-wing chuds but imagine trump going to a funeral of your loved one. like just itching to be the center of attention and god forbid he actually wants to make a speech if he thinks there's going to be a tv camera there.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

oh wow so he just kept random pieces of paper? paper that didn't contain anything important? oh well i guess he's free to go!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

youtube just recommended me some channel called clown planet. apparently it's a video about stupid headlines or something. i clicked on it and was watching maybe all of 20 seconds when they show a babylon bee headline about the first blind pilot to fly or something. of course the comments are all, "lol watch this will happen in a year." or "this is what the left wants"

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

acejackson42 posted:

Yep. And watch Haley's numbers go straight into the shitter when they catch on to what she is, too.

Like I said last night, it's absolutely hilarious these idiots are only finding out now that the people they want to vote for them are just as racist as everyone says they are.

There will never be a person of colour as the GQP nominee for president, and to think otherwise is absolutely laughable.

It’s honestly surprising Obama got nominated considering all the Hillary voters who pledged to vote McCain instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Escape From Noise posted:

Just a couple of real tough SOBs talkin' about real life tough guy Donald J. Trump!

just a reminder kid rock grew up extremely rich and tries to portray himself as some "pulled himself by the bootstraps" common man when he has absolutely nothing in common with them.

i mean for fucks sake his last name is "ritchie"