Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I actually played this one at launch, but don't remember much because it was eight years ago. Have fun with that thought.

:siren:New Episodes!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 1 - I'm A Very Stupid Man
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 2 - The Most Important Baby Boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The whole kids & orphanage stuff is genuinely one of my favorite parts of the series, seeing the kids grown up in this is such nice touch. Haruka may not be related to Kiryu by blood, but she sure as hell takes after him; like father, like daughter, they're going to take the stupidest course possible. RGG continues to be loving cowards for not giving us Dragon Engine Hana.

It's a shame they only remastered Y3 though, because holy gently caress is it rough game play-wise coming from Kiwami 2's Dragon Engine to the early PS3 engine powering Y3.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

: D
following along with these lps is like running a marathon but i'm hanging in there cause i really want to catch up with the series before i take a crack at 8.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I remember when this started as me wanting to show Grace Yakuza 0 on a whim, and boy things have spiraled out of control since then huh :shepface:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 3 - I Was Not Sad When He Died
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 4 - That's A LOT Of Blood

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 7, 2024

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
As a tip, the sub stories in this entry are real good, so seeking them out will be very worthwhile

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The link to episode 3 leads to episode 92 of Yakuza 5 instead.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:argh: Fixed, I'll figure this out some day

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
"Dan equips item that lowers encounter rate", also "why aren't people fighting me?"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
That's where my drat babies are from last game it made people angrier god dammit

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I swear RGG just likes to gently caress with people with poo poo like that. Just like switching buttons, or changing the timing on the Tiger Drop.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I think there are two very important lessons we can all learn from the various Yakuza protagonists:

1) If you're in trouble, ask your friends and family for help instead of sneaking away to suffer alone.

2) Take the guns off the enemies you defeated.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Someone really needs to tell Kiryu that exploding your life periodically because its "the noble thing to do" is really goddamn stupid when your kids also learn that lesson, Haruka didn't stand a chance being raised by Mr "No I must go to prison for years, it is the correct thing to do".

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 5 - The Rainmaker
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 6 - Calm Haruto

What the hell do you feed babies I don't have enough money for fugu

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

You might have noticed cat food for sale, there's also some sort of cafe for cats in the game

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Haruto only adds to Kiryu's GILF appeal, but Kiryu wouldn't be Kiryu if he wasn't so dense he wouldn't notice a woman hitting on him unless it's with a lead pipe.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Judge Tesla posted:

You might have noticed cat food for sale, there's also some sort of cafe for cats in the game

I can't tell if this is or isn't a response to Dan asking what you feed babies, but I choose to believe yes.

e: ep 3 genuine lol at Grace saying "oh, I like Akiyama" when he's been calling him Dog Piss human being for like ten episodes of the last game. (which is definitely the most I've heard the word "human being" in years)

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 8, 2024

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It's great to finally be able to have you guys in the background while doing other stuff, since I actually played this game. and don't really have to read the subs.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

I can't tell if this is or isn't a response to Dan asking what you feed babies, but I choose to believe yes.

No, I've played this game so am just hinting the cat food has a use.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Don't worry I remember :v: I don't remember how to use it well but I remember it can be used.

Akratic Method posted:

e: ep 3 genuine lol at Grace saying "oh, I like Akiyama" when he's been calling him Dog Piss human being for like ten episodes of the last game. (which is definitely the most I've heard the word "human being" in years)

That's entirely on Grace he corrupted me and now I think calling straight people "human being" is rib crushingly hilarious

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

i cannot believe they let you jump right the gently caress off of a roof in this game. incredible.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

theamazingchris posted:

i cannot believe they let you jump right the gently caress off of a roof in this game. incredible.
The idea is to jump to the neighboring building. If you don't completely miss, that is.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 7 - You Were My Tutorial
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 8 - I Know You're New To This

"You can't take on an entire Yakuza family by yourself!" the fact that it's just one family this time is kinda refreshing, tbh

Danaru fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 9, 2024

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The link for episode 7 leads to episode 5 instead.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
This is bullshit

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, I'm sure Beat Takeshi will be a minor character and nothing more.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

yeah the incredible part is that they allow you to miss and it's not just a canned animation. the dragon engine is truly god's gift to gaming

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I don't want Kiryu adopting yet another stray, Big Boss-style, distract us from what's really important. They include sex-trafficker Oda over Tachibana or Ryuji for their memorial? Sounds like some people need to get their asses kicked in real life.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 9 - Babies Are Stupid!
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 10 - Nice To Michi!

Oh No!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

quote:

We need to ditch this baby. Goddamn I'm this sober already!?

That made me chuckle.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Babies are in fact too stupid to go to sleep when tired. They're too stupid to anything and are essentially just firing random neurons, trying to figure out which ones are attached to the arms, hands, tongue, etc. Human babies are not fully baked compared to most animals' babies.

belated edit is better than double-posting: are we seriously loving doing Freaky Friday as a side story.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 12, 2024

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Like you've never been so tired that you couldn't sleep and all you wanted to do was yell and cry, but weren't allowed to since you're an adult now. Babies got it right.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I hope whenever something goes terribly wrong Dan goes "Oh no!" with the same tone as thread mascot Ono Michio.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

I hope whenever something goes terribly wrong Dan goes "Oh no!" with the same tone as thread mascot Ono Michio.
This is close enough, I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPkDAleFVIc
Such a great little clip.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 11 - I Will Not Stop Doing That
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 12 - Mike Dawson

Yeah I was definitely thinking of one of those late war German projects because the Yamato definitely saw combat and had to get the ever loving poo poo bombed out of it to finally sink it

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Funny you compared Yuta to Rikiya, they actually have the same voice actor (Yuta is modeled after him). He was also in Battle Royale with Beat Takeshi.

Also Nagumo shares a voice actor with Kanda.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 12, 2024

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

One thing I've learned from this LP so far is that Grace doesn't know what an NPC is.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 13 - Maybe They Didn't See Me
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 14 - His Back's Empty

Dog the Tojo is fuckin cooked

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Pocket Circuit Fighter would be 60 or so years old by now so yeah, he old.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Holy poo poo that idol sidequest. Is there anybody in this girl's life who is not trying to manipulate her? And of course Kiryu is all "Well you love her and have come to the conclusion that you're holding her back from achieving her dream, so clearly that means the only correct thing to do is sacrifice yourself for her happiness without giving her a choice in the matter and traumatizing her in the process. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to play peekaboo with my grandson, who is crying because his mother is in a coma after honorably sacrificing herself to help her brother achieve his dream after I wasn't around to help her because I sacrificed myself to help my orphans live freely and so she could become an idol. Said orphans are also currently wondering where I went."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Self-sacrifice to the point of ridicule and women having gently caress all agency, two things the writers just can't not.