Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 15 - He's Beautiful
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 16 - Getting His Juice Soon

Those bastards got Stardust in the end :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Just Winging It posted:

Self-sacrifice to the point of ridicule and women having gently caress all agency, two things the writers just can't not.

Every major issue in the game can be traced back to Kiryu going "No, I must do this, I must atone" and then walking off into the sunset having solved nothing.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass

Not even a wildly insensitive joke about the great taste of dead boyfriend/corrupt politician burgers. You're losing your touch.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 17 - Brittany
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 18 - Where Do I Get?

Yes I did pull the drag chute on an episode just to prove my contrarian-rear end husband wrong for doubting me despite having literally no reason to doubt me, literally no reason, as in when asked why he doubted me he can't come up with a reason, and I will do it again

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

If Kiryu sees a cat then he'll say "Neko", trouble is though, he can see cats offscreen so you'll be looking in all directions for it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 19 - Some Pickle This Is
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 20 - Big Lo

When are they gonna let me eat duck :smith:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I believe there is an end state to the Troublr missions, at least I remember something happening after a certain number were done.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The real secret is why you didn't just post the panda's in the thread.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 21 - Six Months?!
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 22 - Sweet Little Bubbis

Seriously though did we misunderstand or was he actually in an empty room with a window for six months

Danaru fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 18, 2024

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Just Winging It posted:

The link for episode 21 leads to episode 19 instead.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:argh:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Even Kiryu seems to have no idea how to respond to the chat thing. The excitable pervert evangelist is all "wow, that one looks hot" and you can hear in Kiryu's voice that he's just thinking "uhhhh sure? ok."

"why is she talking to me???" lmao

e: Grace falsetto-shrieking I'M making GBS threads MY PAAAANTS is near the top of the "I hope I the neighbors heard that" list.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 19, 2024

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

Even Kiryu seems to have no idea how to respond to the chat thing. The excitable pervert evangelist is all "wow, that one looks hot" and you can hear in Kiryu's voice that he's just thinking "uhhhh sure? ok."

If Dan and Grace ever go back to the live chat, Kiryu types things in that'll make them both scream in terror.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Judge Tesla posted:

If Dan and Grace ever go back to the live chat, Kiryu types things in that'll make them both scream in terror.

"I just don't think red pandas are cute." - the thing that finally turns Dan and Grace against career criminal Kazuma Kiryu.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 23 - Three Hundred Yen
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 24 - Stop Hitting Yourself

I wish I waited for the post game to finish that one :cripes:

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Despite being a career yakuza, the statement "I don't like Shiba inus." is what will finally get Kazuma Kiryu cancelled.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

That tracks; last episode he straight-faced said that shaking people down is "not what yakuza do" so he somehow doesn't seem to really be aware of actual crime. In fact, he seems to get really mad whenever the criminal syndicate does criminal things. Maybe he's just a classist criminal and only condones white-collar crime like skimming off construction contracts.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

To my understanding, the yakuza have been sort of "legitimizing" more and more over the years. Rolling their money forward into real (if occasionally still rather scummy) businesses and industries. Clearly, Kiryu's upset they're wasting their time on this high-risk, low-profit amateur poo poo instead of real estate and clubs and idols.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

We don't talk about the Ultra Gimp just hanging out in the ruins of Shangri-La.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Someya learning that there's far more ways to kill a man than just physically :allears:.

Giving Kiryu poo poo for the messes he leaves whenever he gets involved is very legit. But, Shangri-La still being a semi-destroyed dump years later isn't among them. Especially in Kamurocho it's going to be some speculative real estate thing that's keeping it like that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 25 - My Dipshit Son
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 26 - Yeet

Don't THROW THE drat BABY

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

A little panda tells me that doing side content, clan creator included, gets you this thing known as money

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
It's a cliche that men end up marrying their mothers (metaphorically), so it's refreshing that RGG is finally doing some equality by having Haruka end up with the dumbest yet decent guy who solves problems by hitting them.

Also, those Hirose boys are wasting their time with baseball, that was some excellent baby rugby.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 27 - A One Boiled Egg
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 28 - Donkey Kong

I... can't lie that's not how I expected this to end :staredog:

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
RIP Joon-gi Han, too beautiful to live, George'd to stop him from spilling Plot-beans. Too early in the game to be Tiger Dropped sadly. (I forget if there's a chapter lock on it this game, or you just need a bunch of certain stats to unlock it that would be too high to get at this point without grinding.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 29 - One Under Each Arm
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 30 - Pasta

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Did you really think an actor as famous as Beat Takeshi would be a bit part cameo, the guy famously hates video games after all.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

My favorite thing about the prepaid cards scam side-quest (aside from yelling "hell yeah, tetanus! bye sluts" immediately after) is how far from his face Kiryu holds his phone. Full arm's length, like an old man who lost his bifocals. Everyone calls him "old man" and "fossil" but that's the only time it's felt right.

I also enjoyed auto-courtesy Magic Shoes. Kiryu is literally incapable of rudely going upstairs in shoes.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Judge Tesla posted:

Did you really think an actor as famous as Beat Takeshi would be a bit part cameo, the guy famously hates video games after all.

You know I actually did forget about Takeshi's Challenge :ohdear: The signs were there, weren't they

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I bet the secret of Onomichi has to do with those oranges Beat Takeshi has crates of in his room. Can't let people get in on that good poo poo.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 31 - Nice To Have Some Money
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 32 - He's Back!

You guys killed over this secret but then put clues to it in monuments around the city?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Look up a guide for the cats, you'll never figure out the best cat food for each otherwise, I never did

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
It's pretty hilarious how you keep triggering all the sidequests now, especially ones like the Pocket Circuit one that really should have been exclusive to daytime.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

You guys killed over this secret but then put clues to it in monuments around the city?

What, do you want to run out of people to murder over the secret?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I don't know if you guys are aware but there's a sequel to this game. And that sequel gets a sequel soon. I think playing that game will be fun.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
They added three games to the series since we started LPing :shepface: it's welcomed, but drat we really were just going to play Y0 and maybe Kiwami I didn't expect to become a Yakuza channel

Without going too much into it, we naturally forewent the most obvious choice to be our next project and instead chose the most baffling decision, as we do

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
By this point you can't really stop, otherwise you'll just be the guys who binge played the first seven Yakuza games. That's just not a good look.

But I really do want you to play FFX2 at some point. I love Yakuza 0 and some other parts of this series, but I was a bit disapointed when you forwent it.

On the other hand I have been following you silly people since MGS and I really enjoy your stick.

Dan post a picture of Pinkie-chan!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 24, 2024

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Danaru posted:

Without going too much into it, we naturally forewent the most obvious choice to be our next project and instead chose the most baffling decision, as we do

A full LP of the Xenoblade series, so you two can laugh at the wide variety of British accents used.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Lost Judgment next? The PS3 one that was never remastered and set in the Muromachi period? Gaiden before 7? Or back to Etrian Oddessy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Most baffling for Dan and Grace would be like... Madden, or Call of Duty, I think.