Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Okay maybe not the most baffling

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 33 - It Must Be The Pirate Ghosts
Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 34 - History's Been Changed

Shrine Of The Silver Monkey-rear end conspiracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Judge Tesla posted:

A full LP of the Xenoblade series, so you two can laugh at the wide variety of British accents used.

i'm adding this to the list because I never beat 2 all the way

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The dreaded Triangle Tug, that's what kids these day would call a "skill issue".

Also, even without the boost to Heat, you still didn't have enough green XP for Tiger Drop.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 35 - Hey, Uh, What

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
If this was set in America, Kiryu and company would be waking up in a CIA black site.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The secret being a hidden battleship finished after the war and then covered up is a profoundly stupid (affectionate) and ridiculous thing. Not the location though, the original was built in Kure which isn't quite in Onomichi, though close enough for creative license. Hirose (who'd be 85 at least at this point) being not very bright kid, getting bamboozled and manipulated into doing the dirty work by a completely amoral, ruthlessly self-serving rear end in a top hat like Kurusu (who'd be in his mid/late 90s now), however, is just sad. Least of all because of how realistic that is.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Hirose has some serious Tonberry energy the way he's sorta adorable but also will not stop walking toward you with a knife.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Honestly it wasn't really a fair fight for Hirose, he had no way to know Kiryu built up a resistance to knives due to the numerous years of being around Majima

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Just Winging It posted:

The secret being a hidden battleship finished after the war and then covered up is a profoundly stupid (affectionate) and ridiculous thing. Not the location though, the original was built in Kure which isn't quite in Onomichi, though close enough for creative license. Hirose (who'd be 85 at least at this point) being not very bright kid, getting bamboozled and manipulated into doing the dirty work by a completely amoral, ruthlessly self-serving rear end in a top hat like Kurusu (who'd be in his mid/late 90s now), however, is just sad. Least of all because of how realistic that is.

At this point the secret is less "There's a giant half-finished battleship" and more "The government has been bribing Yakuza for decades to keep this battleship hidden", which while less likely to spark an international incident is certainly going to be lethal for any politician involved with it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 36 - A Supposedly Legendary Fighter

A giant warship appears out of nowhere in the harbour and Iwami Shipbuilding has the gall to be like "Uhhh we didn't do it" guys there's only one shipbuilding company here you made sure of that

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass

Cloacamazing! posted:

At this point the secret is less "There's a giant half-finished battleship" and more "The government has been bribing Yakuza for decades to keep this battleship hidden", which while less likely to spark an international incident is certainly going to be lethal for any politician involved with it.

Except Daidoji wanted to have it destroyed in the 70s, which Kurusu didn't do just so he had some leverage over him. But yeah, this really is a case of it no longer being about the thing that's covered up, but about covering up the cover up.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah, so now it's "This guy Daidoji has been blackmailed by yakuza for the past thirty years.", which is also super bad for him and his group.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 37 - The Yakuza Six

Time for our annual christmas trip to the Millennium Tower

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 38 - You Get A One Chair

These guys suck

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

You have to up the stakes on what was billed as Kiryu's last game somehow, so might as well have the most monsterous villains we've ever seen.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Sure, but murdering the only female character in the game that isn't Haruka is just... loving do better RGG.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
It's not like this would be the first time. Women that have survived being in close proximity to a Yakuza protagonist while being plot relevant:

Makoto
Haruka
Kaoru (presumably alive in American)
Mama of New Serena

Plot-relevant dead women:
Yumi
Reina
Yasuko
Kiyomi

Too awesome to die:
Mama from Earth Angel
Yuki
Etsuko
Hana

It's a 50:50 chance.

Cloacamazing! fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 31, 2024

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
That is in no small way why I'm so irritated by this. It's not just killing off another female character, it's killing off the single plot relevant one, again.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 6 Episode 39 - He Is Nothing To Me.

So wait, what was the song of life

Yakuza 6 - Cool rear end Boat sure, but song of life?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The obvious parallels between Haruto and Kiryu aren't clear enough?
End of one life, start of another.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
This game was surprisingly short.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass

Judge Tesla posted:

The obvious parallels between Haruto and Kiryu aren't clear enough?
End of one life, start of another.

I was just about to post this. At least we can strike off Kiyomi of the list of female characters killed.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 2, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh it's a metaphorical song

I was hoping it'd be Koi no Disco Queen :(

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
You haven't done any karaoke yet so I can't even remember what was available in this game.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

Oh it's a metaphorical song

I was hoping it'd be Koi no Disco Queen :(

We regret to inform you that the Song of Life is hamster_dance.wav

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Before I forget, I believe that politician who was talking to Kiryu was meant to be Shinzo Abe.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Just Winging It posted:

You haven't done any karaoke yet so I can't even remember what was available in this game.

Not Koi no Disco Queen, but there's a really great one that I'm sad was not shown on camera so far.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Judge Tesla posted:

Before I forget, I believe that politician who was talking to Kiryu was meant to be Shinzo Abe.

Yakuza 7: Haruka gets hassled by the LDP, featuring a mini game where Kiryu builds his own shotgun.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's like the Pocket Circuit customization but instead of a car, it's a Contraption

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Pocket Doohickey.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I feel like Dan might have accidently released the first episode of the next LP earlier than intended or it was a preview to keep the viewers invested.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It was a sneak preview due to an internet outage preventing me from posting the thread. It's since turned into "our modem is broke" and "our replacement modem is also broke" and I'm straight up going to poo poo

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
You should blind LP 8 right now, do it cowards!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Danaru posted:

It was a sneak preview due to an internet outage preventing me from posting the thread. It's since turned into "our modem is broke" and "our replacement modem is also broke" and I'm straight up going to poo poo

Had times like that buddy but don't worry, everyone here's got your back.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Turns out the worst foe of them all was ISPs all along.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Our internet is ostensibly fixed right before I had to go to work, so here's a preview

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1755299841343717850?t=ghgYDj4Flm29u_uRZfjizA&s=19

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Judgment :allears:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

Our internet is ostensibly fixed right before I had to go to work, so here's a preview

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1755299841343717850?t=ghgYDj4Flm29u_uRZfjizA&s=19

God, the fact that random objects loving explode when you walk into them is the best thing in Yakuza, despite so many good things in Yakuza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The Dragon Engine is just the best. It's what makes Yakuza 3 such a hard game to get into, going back to the PS3 era engine from Kiwami 2's Dragon engine goodness.