Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I think there are two very important lessons we can all learn from the various Yakuza protagonists:

1) If you're in trouble, ask your friends and family for help instead of sneaking away to suffer alone.

2) Take the guns off the enemies you defeated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Like you've never been so tired that you couldn't sleep and all you wanted to do was yell and cry, but weren't allowed to since you're an adult now. Babies got it right.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Holy poo poo that idol sidequest. Is there anybody in this girl's life who is not trying to manipulate her? And of course Kiryu is all "Well you love her and have come to the conclusion that you're holding her back from achieving her dream, so clearly that means the only correct thing to do is sacrifice yourself for her happiness without giving her a choice in the matter and traumatizing her in the process. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to play peekaboo with my grandson, who is crying because his mother is in a coma after honorably sacrificing herself to help her brother achieve his dream after I wasn't around to help her because I sacrificed myself to help my orphans live freely and so she could become an idol. Said orphans are also currently wondering where I went."

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
It's pretty hilarious how you keep triggering all the sidequests now, especially ones like the Pocket Circuit one that really should have been exclusive to daytime.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Just Winging It posted:

The secret being a hidden battleship finished after the war and then covered up is a profoundly stupid (affectionate) and ridiculous thing. Not the location though, the original was built in Kure which isn't quite in Onomichi, though close enough for creative license. Hirose (who'd be 85 at least at this point) being not very bright kid, getting bamboozled and manipulated into doing the dirty work by a completely amoral, ruthlessly self-serving rear end in a top hat like Kurusu (who'd be in his mid/late 90s now), however, is just sad. Least of all because of how realistic that is.

At this point the secret is less "There's a giant half-finished battleship" and more "The government has been bribing Yakuza for decades to keep this battleship hidden", which while less likely to spark an international incident is certainly going to be lethal for any politician involved with it.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah, so now it's "This guy Daidoji has been blackmailed by yakuza for the past thirty years.", which is also super bad for him and his group.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
It's not like this would be the first time. Women that have survived being in close proximity to a Yakuza protagonist while being plot relevant:

Makoto
Haruka
Kaoru (presumably alive in American)
Mama of New Serena

Plot-relevant dead women:
Yumi
Reina
Yasuko
Kiyomi

Too awesome to die:
Mama from Earth Angel
Yuki
Etsuko
Hana

It's a 50:50 chance.

Cloacamazing! fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 31, 2024

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
This game was surprisingly short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Just Winging It posted:

You haven't done any karaoke yet so I can't even remember what was available in this game.

Not Koi no Disco Queen, but there's a really great one that I'm sad was not shown on camera so far.