Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Asproigerosis posted:

Can't wait for zoomer coach to be dropping fat clouds of Slutty Blueberry Skittle Ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This reminds me that I am surprised the Dolphins GM still has a job. So many first round picks and all but Tua and Waddle were busts, werent they? So many bad contracts and mediocre signings.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm confused at how Tua and Waddle are busts

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

kiimo posted:

Might want to read that again.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

Read my post again.

edit:

A.o.D. posted:

Might want to read that again.
:argh: but also thank you

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Badly needs a comma after 'picks'.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This reminds me that I am surprised the Dolphins GM still has a job. So many first round picks and all but Tua and Waddle were busts, werent they? So many bad contracts and mediocre signings.

Wha? He’s done a fantastic job. He’s had a few busts (especially at corner in the first/second) but his draft record is pretty average - above average and his trades have been home runs. Tyreek Hill, Ramsey and Chubb are our best players.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought I had brain damage for a second

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

probably just because of how they're weighting picks and it being really stupid to use percentile in a metric for 32 teams and, but i'm curious how CAR are in the 10th percentile while MIA/CLE are in the 4th/0th in draft equity

i know CAR will be drafting early in the rounds, but MIA's 3rd and 4th/CLE's 19-32 pick plus their 4th is a mile off from the value of the 1st overall pick

23: no first rounder and who knows what's going on with cam smith, but achane looks excellent
22: no first rounder again and almost everyone in it is still at least a backup
21: waddle owns, phillips was drafted knowing he was pretty raw and was having a great season before his injury. holland also owns which helps wash off the eichenberg stink
20: tua + looks better now than it did a year ago with jackson being less of a liability, though that noah pick will always suck
19: wilkins and van ginkel are major contributors, could have done better with the OL
18: i'm not going to put it on grier that we had to trade minkah, and the rest is solid
17: this one kinda sucked
16: most important draft pick since marino (also xavien howard, who was excellent even if he's not so great today)

stuker fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 11, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Badly needs a comma after 'picks'.
You got me there.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wha? He’s done a fantastic job. He’s had a few busts (especially at corner in the first/second) but his draft record is pretty average - above average and his trades have been home runs. Tyreek Hill, Ramsey and Chubb are our best players.

stuker posted:

23: no first rounder and who knows what's going on with cam smith, but achane looks excellent
22: no first rounder again and almost everyone in it is still at least a backup
21: waddle owns, phillips was drafted knowing he was pretty raw and was having a great season before his injury. holland also owns which helps wash off the eichenberg stink
20: tua + looks better now than it did a year ago with jackson being less of a liability, though that noah pick will always suck
19: wilkins and van ginkel are major contributors, could have done better with the OL
18: i'm not going to put it on grier that we had to trade minkah, and the rest is solid
17: this one kinda sucked
16: most important draft pick since marino (also xavien howard, who was excellent even if he's not so great today)

I guess I was wrong! I was thinking about things like (in no particular order):
The Noah pick
Trading Tunsil and not finding a replacement, like, ever, until...
...Paying Armstead what he did at his age and injury history
Eichenburg being what has looked to be like a major liability and not having another option on the roster (and cutting the UDFA C from SDSU after he had a stellar preseason)
Jalen Ramsey is mostly a fraud and has a bad contract
Bradley Chubb doesnt seem like he was worth a first rounder at the time but I guess looked good this year with Fangio being the chessmaster he is, and his contract his huge
The Byron Jones signing

edit: also their cap looks like hell next year, they'll have to either cut a bunch of people or start imitating the Saints to stay under the cap. I'm NOT saying they're in cap hell because the Saints are proving that you can kick the can and make things work, but it is not a situation that I would not want to be in if you are projected to be $40mm over the cap and need to pay your young superstar QB, have a lovely OL, and could use a few pieces on defense.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 11, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They can clear up 50 million pretty quickly. I’m not too worried

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

kiimo posted:

I thought I had brain damage for a second

You don't?

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

I guess I was wrong! I was thinking about things like (in no particular order):
The Noah pick
Trading Tunsil and not finding a replacement, like, ever, until...
...Paying Armstead what he did at his age and injury history
Eichenburg being what has looked to be like a major liability and not having another option on the roster (and cutting the UDFA C from SDSU after he had a stellar preseason)
Jalen Ramsey is mostly a fraud and has a bad contract
Bradley Chubb doesnt seem like he was worth a first rounder at the time but I guess looked good this year with Fangio being the chessmaster he is, and his contract his huge
The Byron Jones signing

edit: also their cap looks like hell next year, they'll have to either cut a bunch of people or start imitating the Saints to stay under the cap. I'm NOT saying they're in cap hell because the Saints are proving that you can kick the can and make things work, but it is not a situation that I would not want to be in if you are projected to be $40mm over the cap and need to pay your young superstar QB, have a lovely OL, and could use a few pieces on defense.

i'm really not trying to pick on you lol, that was just my case on why he's been a solid drafting GM. wasn't really thinking about trades/FA buuut:

- noah sucks
- i do not believe any team in the league would turn down the tunsil trade with hindsight no matter how dire the LT position
- armstead is unfortunate but that was the loudest possible move at addressing our OL. paying him that much with his injury history sucked but that was the market for a top-tier LT
- eichenburg is arguably the second worst aspect of grier's tenure, behind only his lack of priority towards OL improvement
- ramsey is expensive as hell, but he's been great since coming back from the meniscus tear. i love calling people frauds too but i do not want to fire my GM because he got burned by hopkins or whoever
- hated the chubb trade at the start of the year, now (pending injury regression) i am fine with it
- yeah byron jones was a mistake

he's certainly not the best GM in the league and god knows fins fans waver on him, but if you're going to fire him off of his history the only real evidence is how he's treated the OL

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Tunsil trade turned out pretty solid for Houston - they’ve got a top 5 LT to pair Stroud with while he matures into a top quarterback in the league. I hated it at the time, but it’s come good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Beyond the normal "I've been posting in this god forsaken forum since 03" brain damage. The kind that doesn't know how to read without my precious commas

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

kiimo posted:

Beyond the normal "I've been posting in this god forsaken forum since 03" brain damage. The kind that doesn't know how to read without my precious commas

Eh, who needs punctuation? Surely sentences like, "James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher" are perfectly understandable as is.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Falconer posted:

Eh, who needs punctuation? Surely sentences like, "James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher" are perfectly understandable as is.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo lake effect snow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

stuker posted:

i'm really not trying to pick on you lol, that was just my case on why he's been a solid drafting GM. wasn't really thinking about trades/FA buuut:

- noah sucks
- i do not believe any team in the league would turn down the tunsil trade with hindsight no matter how dire the LT position
- armstead is unfortunate but that was the loudest possible move at addressing our OL. paying him that much with his injury history sucked but that was the market for a top-tier LT
- eichenburg is arguably the second worst aspect of grier's tenure, behind only his lack of priority towards OL improvement
- ramsey is expensive as hell, but he's been great since coming back from the meniscus tear. i love calling people frauds too but i do not want to fire my GM because he got burned by hopkins or whoever
- hated the chubb trade at the start of the year, now (pending injury regression) i am fine with it
- yeah byron jones was a mistake

he's certainly not the best GM in the league and god knows fins fans waver on him, but if you're going to fire him off of his history the only real evidence is how he's treated the OL
No worries at all, I'm not afraid to admit when I was wrong/misinformed and I appreciate being enlightened.

kiimo posted:

Whats funny about that is I usually over-comma, to the point I have started using more semicolons or, gasp, more periods. At least when working.