Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Why the gently caress did John Harbaugh make it rain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Going shotgun on 4th & 1 with the season on the line?

You deserved to lose this, Indy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Going shotgun on 4th & 1 with the season on the line?

You deserved to lose this, Indy.

And have Jonathan Taylor sitting on the sideline

Full galaxy brain

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
How did tOSU not win the natty with Stroud holy poo poo lol

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The 4th down call was baffling. Sometimes it really is as simple as do the thing the other team cant stop one more time.

I'm glad they didn't obviously. An unimaginably successful season.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

And have Jonathan Taylor sitting on the sideline

Full galaxy brain

Dude was clearly nursing either a foot / ankle / knee injury (or all of the above!)

I'm not against the playcall. It was just terrible execution.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Thank god the Texans got in everything about the Colts is just so loving BORING

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Dude was clearly nursing either a foot / ankle / knee injury (or all of the above!)

I'm not against the playcall. It was just terrible execution.

What was Moss doing? Hell use Taylor as a decoy if he's hurt and you're determined to pass.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

House money baby. House money.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yeah JT had to leave the game for a bit as he came up lame after a play.

Sucks but I'm continuously baffled with playcalling having folks on short yardage situations going out of shotgun. Did you lose that much faith in fooling the defense with play action?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Master Stur posted:

the champions of the west saved us from such a dark time

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Master Stur posted:

They ran into Juggernaut Georgia in the semis last season and very nearly won anyway. Stroud was arguably the best player to see the field in that entire game.

I still chuckle that the first Ohio State QB to lose multiple games to Michigan since Bill Clinton was president is the guy who's bucking the trend of Ohio State QBs in the NFL, but honestly good for him.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 7, 2024

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I wouldn’t say arguably - especially with the power of hindsight.

Stroud was the player that people went holy poo poo about after that Georgia game, even in loss.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Master Stur posted:

The defense was rear end.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What are you trying to say about the immortal Stetson Fleming Bennett IV? Just wait till he gets out of rehab!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I’m still surprised that Bryce Young was evaluated above Stroud by the vast majority of people.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Unless the Browns face Jacksonville, they're gonna have a tough road in the playoffs if they face Houston to begin with

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Texans got the nasty man stink off them and found their new franchise guy in one fell swoop. What a turnaround.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Master Stur posted:

He balled his rear end off in that college playoff game too. Just amazing stuff he was doing, but it wasn't quite enough.

e:fb mentioning this

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Kirios posted:

I’m still surprised that Bryce Young was evaluated above Stroud by the vast majority of people.

Same. I wasnt posting at the time but with some friends in discords and such I was big time hyping Stroud up compared to everyone else saying Young was the better player. Hindsight and yada yada but come on one guy balled out and the other doesn't pass the eye test of being NFL sized.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1743858790896656436

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Imagine not drafting Stroud with the #1 overall pick

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Barudak posted:

Imagine not drafting Stroud with the #1 overall pick

The most incredible franchise self defeat I'm human history. TRADED UP FOR BRYCE.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I'm absolutely buzzing and can't sleep, go Texans

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I can remember thinking no matter how good Stroud was, (Anderson I wasn't sold on) the Texans would still be rear end and handing over a top 10 maybe even 5 over to the Cardinals this year. They absolutely crushed the 23 draft and hiring cycle.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 7, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Not too much to say about the Ravens, it was exactly the game you'd expect it to be. The fumbles were bad on both teams. Hopefully it doesn't rain in the playoffs I guess.

Tyler Huntley is probably just never going to be that good - he'll complete some passes, but his pocket awareness is bad, and once he has to move off his first read it gets ugly quick. Today was a very difficult situation with the weather, patchwork offensive line and WRs, so tough to grade him too harshly but he didn't exactly rise above.

Rookie Trenton Simpson flashed. I had totally forgotten about him most of the year. Queen replacement for next year? That would be cool.

Clowney and Van Noy continue to kick rear end, just terrors off the edge.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

BrownThunder posted:

Thank god the Texans got in everything about the Colts is just so loving BORING

For sure. But MAN should Colts fans be excited for next year. Your HC seems great (weird calls at the end of this aside) and the team did all this basically without Richardson who flashed like crazy when he played.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Texans :unsmith:

Give Ryans CotY holy poo poo

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

Not too much to say about the Ravens, it was exactly the game you'd expect it to be. The fumbles were bad on both teams. Hopefully it doesn't rain in the playoffs I guess.

Tyler Huntley is probably just never going to be that good - he'll complete some passes, but his pocket awareness is bad, and once he has to move off his first read it gets ugly quick. Today was a very difficult situation with the weather, patchwork offensive line and WRs, so tough to grade him too harshly but he didn't exactly rise above.

Rookie Trenton Simpson flashed. I had totally forgotten about him most of the year. Queen replacement for next year? That would be cool.

Clowney and Van Noy continue to kick rear end, just terrors off the edge.

We've had an insane number of free agency hits on defense. Clowney, Van Noy, Darby, Maulet. Especially the first three being very late signings and having career years. That luck balances out the injury luck somewhat

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Realized I didn't want this lost in the GDT:
https://i.imgur.com/D23afOy.mp4

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He looks like an Attitude era WWE wrestler

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yeah JT had to leave the game for a bit as he came up lame after a play.

Sucks but I'm continuously baffled with playcalling having folks on short yardage situations going out of shotgun. Did you lose that much faith in fooling the defense with play action?

I mean it would have worked easily had Minishew not underthrown a simple check down

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

what percentage of plays do colts not run out of the shotgun? i don't really get offenses like that

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

yeah I don't get the complaints, the play worked. any play can fail if the guys don't execute it, a run wasn't a guarantee either.

this all just highlights how useful the tush push is

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean it would have worked easily had Minishew not underthrown a simple check down

Saw in the replay that Minshew had to throw around a defender, which unfortunately meant his pass was behind Goodson. Goodson had to shift and the pass hit him in the hands, which he bobbled.

Plenty of blame to go around in that final Colts play.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Texans had also gotten pretty effective at stopping the run in the second half, especially inside runs.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Didn't the colts have a 100 rushing yards just in the third quarter

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Every Indy running play in the second half:

quote:

1st & 10 at IND 13
(11:46 - 3rd) J.Sills reported in as eligible. J.Taylor right guard to IND 24 for 11 yards (B.Cashman, J.Pitre).
1st & 10 at IND 24
(11:09 - 3rd) J.Sills reported in as eligible. J.Taylor up the middle to IND 28 for 4 yards (K.Hinish; D.Perryman).
1st & 10 at HOU 49
(9:56 - 3rd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Taylor right guard for 49 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1st & 10 at IND 20
(8:58 - 3rd) (Shotgun) Z.Moss right tackle to IND 27 for 7 yards (S.Rankins).
2nd & 3 at IND 27
(8:22 - 3rd) (Shotgun) Z.Moss right tackle to IND 38 for 11 yards (D.Houston-Carson; D.Stingley).
1st & 10 at IND 38
(7:39 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Taylor left guard to HST 40 for 22 yards (C.Harris). HST-J.Hughes was injured during the play.
1st & 10 at HOU 40
(7:12 - 3rd) J.Sills reported in as eligible. J.Taylor up the middle to HST 39 for 1 yard (J.Pitre, B.Cashman).
2nd & 9 at HOU 39
(6:32 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to HST 39 for no gain (D.Perryman; K.Hinish).

1st & 10 at IND 25
(3:39 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Taylor left tackle to IND 26 for 1 yard (B.Cashman; C.Harris).
1st & 10 at IND 38
(2:22 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to IND 34 for -4 yards (K.Davis).
2nd & 5 at HOU 28
(0:48 - 3rd) (Shotgun) Z.Moss up the middle to HST 24 for 4 yards (D.Perryman; C.Harris). Indianapolis challenged the short of the line to gain ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) Z.Moss up the middle to HST 23 for 5 yards (D.Perryman; C.Harris).
1st & 10 at HOU 23
(0:26 - 3rd) Z.Moss up the middle to HST 24 for -1 yards (D.Barnett).
2nd & 11 at HOU 24
(15:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) Z.Moss up the middle to HST 22 for 2 yards (C.Harris).

1st & 10 at IND 25
(6:20 - 4th) J.Sills reported in as eligible. J.Taylor right tackle to IND 24 for -1 yards (J.Pitre).
1st & 10 at HOU 48
(4:59 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor right guard to HST 48 for no gain (W.Anderson; D.Barnett).
3rd & 6 at HOU 44
(3:46 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to HST 39 for 5 yards (D.Barnett). PENALTY on HST-M.Collins, Illegal Use of Hands, 5 yards, enforced at HST 39.
1st & 10 at HOU 34
(3:41 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to HST 29 for 5 yards (C.Harris).
2nd & 5 at HOU 29
(2:59 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor right end to HST 29 for no gain (D.Barnett; J.Pitre). HST-D.Perryman was injured during the play.
3rd & 5 at HOU 29
(2:27 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to HST 24 for 5 yards (D.King; B.Cashman).
1st & 10 at HOU 24
(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor right end pushed ob at HST 22 for 2 yards (C.Harris).
2nd & 8 at HOU 22
(1:54 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor left end pushed ob at HST 16 for 6 yards (B.Cashman; D.King).
3rd & 2 at HOU 16
(1:48 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to HST 15 for 1 yard (B.Cashman).

rjmccall fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Realized I didn't want this lost in the GDT:
https://i.imgur.com/D23afOy.mp4

Brandon Tanev-rear end knockoff