Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1744111721818493068?t=eklPdB_ka0Bg5jEMWx52SQ&s=19

Breer is wrong and a dweeb. This is the end Belichick earned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are absolutely losing to the Browns, the script is foreshadowing it hard

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean he’s still going to go down as one of the greatest to ever coach so it doesn’t matter that much

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Yeah Bill probably should have considered drafting better players and not just Rutgers lax bros

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Would love to hear the hot takes about eagles fans being entitled now :smug:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mega64 posted:

The "gently caress Deshaun Watson" Bowl.

:hai:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean he’s still going to go down as one of the greatest to ever coach so it doesn’t matter that much

Sure but just like Dan Marino going out 70-3 in the playoffs or Brady’s last pass being a pick 6, it’s still really funny.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Asproigerosis posted:

My apologies, I made this post too soon. It was only 17-0.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
gently caress the Falcons and gently caress Dennis Allen.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Benne posted:

Flacco beating the 49ers again a full decade later is the right and just outcome

No. :colbert:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What was the deal with that play? Did Jamaal have incentives on the line or something?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So the Eagles, after next week, will have gone 1-6 after starting a very lucky 10-1. That's kind of amazing.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What was the deal with that play? Did Jamaal have incentives on the line or something?

He hasn’t had one all year and his teammates went to Allen asking to get him one. Allen said no but the players apparently said gently caress you and did it anyway.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

A lot of teams were fighting for their playoff lives today, but the Eagles get to rest their starters.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
https://twitter.com/NerdingonNFL/status/1744112730619953356

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

A Megazord of cursed teams

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens are absolutely losing to the Browns, the script is foreshadowing it hard

I think the Steelers are more likely.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

That's stretching geography a bit, Detroit isn't really on Lake Erie at all.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Eerie...

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

That Lions logo with the red is kind of turning me on.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nervous posted:

Eerie...

Indiana was a fun show as a kid

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Freaquency posted:

He hasn’t had one all year and his teammates went to Allen asking to get him one. Allen said no but the players apparently said gently caress you and did it anyway.

That's hilarious.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Freaquency posted:

very cool and I wish it'd have been just enough to also hit a scorigami

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ragnarok the Red posted:

That Jaguars collapse was insane.

I legit thought Trevor was gonna be Andrew Luck level good and he ended up being worse than Dak, which I did NOT expect.

Joe Burrow stole his swagger in the college football national championship and he never got it back.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

AndrewP posted:

The Jags thought they might get the 1 seed at one point

On the morning of December 3rd, the 8-3 Jaguars were in first place, via a tie-breaker over the 8-3 Ravens. The Ravens won their 12th game to rise to 9-3, while Jacksonville was gearing up to host Cincinnati on MNF. The Bengals were starting Jake Browning for the second time, with his first effort being a 19/26 1YD 1INT performance in a 16-10 loss to the Steelers.

On prime time in a road game, Jake Browning went 32/37 for 354 yards and a TD, guiding the Bengals to an upset 31-28 win in overtime.

Then the Jags lost:
At Cleveland by 4.
Versus Baltimore by 16.
At Tampa by 18.

And after a momentary stay of elimination via a shutout win over Carolina, they lost today to the Titans.

On the one hand, hugely disappointing for their org. That being said, Cincy/Cleve/Balt/Tampa is a stretch of 4 >.500 teams, so each loss on its own was defensible, but going 0-fer was a massive letdown.

Trevor's desire to try and play through injury, and Doug only making him sit versus Carolina, will be a huge 'what if?' during their off-season.

Philadelphia's falloff will generate 100x the articles and conjecture, but the Jaguars' final month~ is quite an intriguing mess to sift through after the fact.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Freaquency posted:

That should definitely foreshadow Allen getting canned on Monday.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Freaquency posted:

That's the piece I was missing. Thanks.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Joe Burrow stole his swagger in the college football national championship and he never got it back.

Seemed like he had 3 different injuries during the Ravens game so I'll be curious to see if anything comes out after the season is officially over

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Blind Pineapple posted:

That should definitely foreshadow Allen getting canned on Monday.

Yeah I can’t think of anything more damning than telling your players no and having them completely ignore you.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Yeah I can’t think of anything more damning than telling your players no and having them completely ignore you.

Getting blown out by a division rival and having them score against their coaches own orders on you

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

He could have retired at a respectable age like he swore he was going to do, and gone out on top but instead he wants to spite Shula for calling him a cheater.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Hamhandler posted:

He could have retired at a respectable age like he swore he was going to do, and gone out on top but instead he wants to spite Shula for calling him a cheater.

It's really weird how cheaters hate to be called cheaters. You worked for that label, own it!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

So the Eagles, after next week, will have gone 1-6 after starting a very lucky 10-1. That's kind of amazing.

https://twitter.com/Tim_McManus/status/1744144409136894289

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Siriano and the Eagles treated the KC rematch as their Super Bowl, and well, mission accomplished

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

He’ll return inexplicably after two mediocre sequel movies

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Seahawks are so soft lol

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
hoping to see you all aboard the love train to dallas

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The 2023 Philadelphia Eagles are the first second team in NFL history to start 10-1 and fail to win at least 12 games

edit: correction, 86 Jets were first

shyduck fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 8, 2024

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

shyduck posted:

The 2023 Philadelphia Eagles are the first team in NFL history to start 10-1 and fail to win at least 12 games

second

there's also the 1986 jets

and people wonder why we're so bitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

shyduck posted:

The 2023 Philadelphia Eagles are the first team in NFL history to start 10-1 and fail to win at least 12 games

Didnt the Jets do the same thing in the 80s?