Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

really queer Christmas posted:

Lobster, please ban Dennis Allen

done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Arthur Smith went from probably being fired to super duper being fired so I can understand his frustration

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Asproigerosis posted:

Eagles got the wrong back from the lions.

They were both good on Detroit last year and I was shocked that neither of them came back this year. And then the rushing game was arguably better in Detroit this year!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

C-Euro posted:

They were both good on Detroit last year and I was shocked that neither of them came back this year. And then the rushing game was arguably better in Detroit this year!

OK this is weird to say but...... maybe it was the lions that made those rbs good

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I mean Swift has looked good at times in Philly and Williams I think spent a bunch of time injured this year. It was just weird having our best rushing offense in years last season, then dumping the guys who made it and immediately having a better offense this year. We went like a decade without having a single 100-yard rushing game at one point lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

C-Euro posted:

I mean Swift has looked good at times in Philly and Williams I think spent a bunch of time injured this year. It was just weird having our best rushing offense in years last season, then dumping the guys who made it and immediately having a better offense this year. We went like a decade without having a single 100-yard rushing game at one point lol

Pour one out for Kerryon.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I think Detroit also just kind of randomly had a fuckton of plays inside the 5 last year which propped up Williams' TD total. You need poo poo to bounce your way to end up 4xing your previous career high out of nowhere. I remember one season I had Megatron in fantasy and he got tackled on the 1 yard line like 10 times setting up a bunch of gimme rushing scores.

Also, yeah, Lions coaching good

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

C-Euro posted:

I completely forgot about that 100 yard Rushing graphic and it's like ten years of terror.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Swift just always had nagging injuries with the lions and duce didn't really seem to like him.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

C-Euro posted:

I meant it as a strained commentary of how jamal and the eagles seasons this year and last year are identical in quality.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
e: wrong thread. sorry!

Mahasamatman fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 8, 2024

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

EmbryoSteve posted:

OK this is weird to say but...... maybe it was the lions that made those rbs good

The Lions offensive line is really good, yea.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jamaal Williams having 17 TDs last year with the Lions and only getting 1 this year because of a kneel down trick is pretty funny.

It was such a weird signing because he was pretty much exclusively a goal line back in Detroit, but the Saints have a hard-on for using Taysom Hill there instead. Why sign him when you’re not going to use him for the thing he’s known for!?

I’m starting to think the Saints staff might not know what the gently caress they’re doing!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/BenjaminSWatson/status/1744113117934551508

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I believe 14 of Jamal’s 17 touchdowns last year were from inside the 3 yard line.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Freaquency posted:

It was such a weird signing because he was pretty much exclusively a goal line back in Detroit, but the Saints have a hard-on for using Taysom Hill there instead. Why sign him when you’re not going to use him for the thing he’s known for!?

I’m starting to think the Saints staff might not know what the gently caress they’re doing!

It was a pretty weird choice from Jamaal too. He turned down the offer from the Lions and went to the Saints for less money when they already had Kamara and Taysom. Okay?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This is pretty much my take. DA should have come out and said we play how we like. Don't like it, stop us. We had guys we wanted to evaluate / get in the end zone, valuable experience yadda yadda yadda. Then you go into the final team meeting and you rip everyone who went against your orders a loving new one.

You don't blame the team and apologise. Ok you're a nice fella. Who has completely lost control of his team - congrats.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Oddsmakers have to be licking their chops at setting the lines for Dennis Allen to be the first coach fired next year if the Saints retain him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah the fact that he clearly lost the locker room to the point they're comfortable just going rogue is the biggest problem, but also, isn't the coach supposed to cover for his players in that scenario?

At the very least cover for them publicly and leak to the media that they did it themselves?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

MJeff posted:

Yeah the fact that he clearly lost the locker room to the point they're comfortable just going rogue is the biggest problem, but also, isn't the coach supposed to cover for his players in that scenario?

At the very least cover for them publicly and leak to the media that they did it themselves?

I doubt he’s actually lost the locker room, you just can’t fully account for the Jameis Effect

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I doubt he’s actually lost the locker room, you just can’t fully account for the Jameis Effect

Yeah I think the losing the locker room takes are off and it's just Jameis being his dumb self and hyping everyone up and saying 'let's do this, it'll be fun' without thinking past that. And then everyone goes along with it because...hey it will actually be fun...and also Jameis is the guy responsible for it so it's not my rear end on the line.

Er, well maybe the locker room takes are right on Allen, but they wouldn't be right because of that one specific play to my mind.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

This is pretty much my take. DA should have come out and said we play how we like. Don't like it, stop us. We had guys we wanted to evaluate / get in the end zone, valuable experience yadda yadda yadda. Then you go into the final team meeting and you rip everyone who went against your orders a loving new one.

You don't blame the team and apologise. Ok you're a nice fella. Who has completely lost control of his team - congrats.

And honestly if he said that, the whole outlook changes and New Orleans would’ve probably rallied behind him…for a short while at least.

Jimmy gets it. gently caress the Falcons.

https://x.com/thejimmygraham/status/1744474866143670284?s=46

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It’s fun to hate rivals

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is the correct take.This isn't a lost locker room. It was Jameis doing what's right by his fellow players. Falcons players, fans, and coaches can go gently caress themselves if they're salty about it. Although I don't think the coach responded in the way I would have, I can't fault him for trying to say "hey, peers of mine, I'm not trying to be a dick the players chose to do that." cause he's just talking to the guy that was personally mad at him postgame.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 9, 2024

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is the correct take.This isn't a lost locker room. It was Jameis doing what's right by his fellow players. Falcons players, fans, and coaches can go gently caress themselves if they're salty about it. Although I don't think the coach responded in the way I would have, I can't fault him for trying to say "hey, peers of mine, I'm not trying to be a dick the players chose to do that." cause he's just talking to the guy that was personally mad at him postgame.

Apologizing to the Falcons might lose the locker room after this though.

He could still have said it was the players idea without doing that.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Are Falcons fans actually upset? I'm sure some idiots may be, but I imagine most of them don't give a poo poo or are just using it solely to fuel the rivalry some more.

I'd imagine more NO fans would be upset over Allen apologizing to Falcons fans than anything.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Gully Foyle posted:

Apologizing to the Falcons might lose the locker room after this though.

He could still have said it was the players idea without doing that.

Big this

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
If someone did it to my team I'd probably be pissed in the moment but probably forget about it within a few hours.

Edit: The coach is an idiot for not just letting them run a normal play to try to score. Let the dude try to get a TD.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The funny thing is that Jamaal probably had a TD from the 1 to go up 41-17 but the right tackle moved early. Next play Carr hit AT Perry for his second TD instead. If dude could have waited a tick to get off the line this is all moot.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mega64 posted:

I'd imagine more NO fans would be upset over Allen apologizing to Falcons fans than anything.

💯

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apologizing to the Falcons is wrong

Also the victory formation is bullshit, either it needs to be an automatic play nobody on the field or players play it.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 9, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

remember when Greg Schiano made his players tackle the victory formation and the players were like apologizing for it beforehand

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Are Falcons fans actually upset? I'm sure some idiots may be, but I imagine most of them don't give a poo poo or are just using it solely to fuel the rivalry some more.

I'd imagine few Falcons fans were watching at that point. I dipped when it was a 31-point game. Anything else was better than watching that pathetic excuse for a playoff bid. Most Falcons fans hate Arthur Smith, too, so it was just another example of him running his mouth while being a loser.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm just looking forward to next year and a potential Penix/Hurts slugfest.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

AndrewP posted:

remember when Greg Schiano made his players tackle the victory formation and the players were like apologizing for it beforehand

Yeah. Schiano loving sucked.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My Penix Hurts

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Yeah. Schiano loving sucked.