Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

It is really too bad that it is not still snowing, SMH

This is wrong. Just for the viewing experience on TV, they don't do a good enough job of showing you where on the field they are when it's snowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Um

get to work Buffalo. That seems yikes

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Broadcasts have done a better job in recent years leveraging the yellow line system to impose other lines and numbers on the field for snow games

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

shyduck posted:

Broadcasts have done a better job in recent years leveraging the yellow line system to impose other lines and numbers on the field for snow games

They have a scorebug thing that just says the yard line and they don't put it up 80% of the time. It's interminable.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This was a game on Fox in 2021. The numerals are superimposed, and I think the lines are as well but it's harder to tell since the crew was shoveling them periodically. I think this is a fairly recent thing, maybe as recent as 2021.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

This is wrong. Just for the viewing experience on TV, they don't do a good enough job of showing you where on the field they are when it's snowing.

Yeah they do, stop being a fun sponge

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

shyduck posted:

This was a game on Fox in 2021. The numerals are superimposed, and I think the lines are as well but it's harder to tell since the crew was shoveling them periodically. I think this is a fairly recent thing, maybe as recent as 2021.

They did this for the Jets game last week but they weren't on every play and it was very annoying to watch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

They did this for the Jets game last week but they weren't on every play and it was very annoying to watch.

To be fair, there were very few times when we needed to know where the first down line was during that game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kalli posted:

To be fair, there were very few times when we needed to know where the first down line was during that game

Forgot the first down, you had no idea where on the field they were.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Forgot the first down, you had no idea where on the field they were.

Oh I knew, buried on their side of the field. They had snaps in Jets territory on one (1) drive in that game.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Hoping for a repeat of that Colts snow game from a few years ago. That was a lot of fun. And also a total mess

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

This was from an hour ago. Field is clear, but the snowball ammo in the stands is plentiful. Refs are gonna have a busy day trying to convince Bills and Steelers fans to behave. LOL good luck guys.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

It depends on the snow. If it's really cold dry crystal like snow it blows all around, never really accumulates and is awesome. If it's wet snow, yeah, that really affects the game and covers the field.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

that number is almost certainly bullshit imo. companies lie about streaming numbers constantly.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever actually boycotts anything. Unfortunately this means we're definitely getting ppv playoff football in the near future.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Waltzing Along posted:

After sleeping on it, I don't think they should have players play in sub freezing temps. It should just be part of the playoffs where ever week they have off site locations just in case the weather doesn't permit humans standing outside for 4 hours.

snow football is the only legitimate form of football

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This will most certainly piss everyone off. Got this email from Peacock this morning (reminder I work at Universal Studios)

quote:

Yesterday we made history – shattering records with the first exclusively streamed NFL Wild Card playoff game. More than 23 million people tuned in to Peacock to watch the Kansas City Chiefs take on the Miami Dolphins in what turned out to be not only the largest live streamed event in U.S. history, but also the nation’s biggest night on the Internet ever.  

We are so proud that our company was able to make this happen. From NBC Sports and Peacock to our Comcast team, we came together to achieve yet another groundbreaking feat. As entertainment, sports, and connectivity continue to converge, our success last night demonstrates that Comcast NBCUniversal is uniquely ready to meet this pivotal moment.  

This kind of remarkable innovation is in our DNA. NBC was the first to broadcast a live football game in the 1930s and Comcast engineers helped develop the standards and build the technology that is the modern Internet. The incredible achievement over the weekend is a continuation of that legacy.

Thank you to everyone who worked tirelessly to make it happen! This is one of many special moments our company has to celebrate this year so far, and we know there will be many more throughout 2024.

With gratitude,
Brian, Mike and Dave

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sunday Morning posted:

This was from an hour ago. Field is clear, but the snowball ammo in the stands is plentiful. Refs are gonna have a busy day trying to convince Bills and Steelers fans to behave. LOL good luck guys.

Nooooooooooo

Bills better win so there might be a snow game next week

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

kiimo posted:

This will most certainly piss everyone off. Got this email from Peacock this morning (reminder I work at Universal Studios)

This poo poo isn't going away

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Sunday Morning posted:

I thought they were going to have an army of shovelers, what happened?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They should let OpenAI or Grok coach a team

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you can't tell those stands are 3 feet of snow.

man it certainly looks like they got one tiny section done before everyone was too drunk to continue. Reminder they hired Bills fans and paid them 20 bucks an hour and then this happened

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2F2NezOVSb/?igsh=Ync2ZTlrZ21odTE5

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

kiimo posted:

Can you get me passes to Epic Universe

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

davecrazy posted:

I thought they were going to have an army of shovelers, what happened?

They did, they shoveled out the paths, not enough time / too much snow to do the seats too.

Plenty of time during the game to throw all that at other people / onto the field.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MJeff posted:

Can you get me passes to Epic Universe

I work at Universal as in the movie studio not the park. I can't even get passes for myself but once a year.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
No one was going to be sitting on those frozen seats anyway so they focused on clearing the steps and rows between the seats.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
LMFAO

https://x.com/awfulannouncing/status/1746944850124013893?s=20

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wtf is lank?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

this is the most inane drivel. why does anyone listen to this?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1741852650197631467?t=emoaKTGYYMT3eUDiBvR6FQ&s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1746982421516431804

omg

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

biceps crimes posted:

this is the most inane drivel. why does anyone listen to this?

Most people are dumb as hell

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Rod Woodson was really good

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I'm the kid in the Polomalu jersey who's too young to see Troy play.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

We are part of nature. We are nature.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Looks like Von Miller trying to rush the QB this year

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Rasul Douglas inactive for the Bills. Anxiety levels increasing slightly.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
per peacock sources, there were 23 million peopling watching the game on peacock and that peacock is great and everyone at peacock is handsome and also brave

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://x.com/markusguetta/status/1746962191272616411?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Pat McAfee is the biggest success story out of WVU since Sam huff :sadpeanut: