Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The chiefs will win the Super Bowl maybe

I know no one who isn't a Chiefs fan is cheering for this but it's still not impossible it seems.

Almost every single game they lost they hosed up real bad, like more than normal just 'poo poo happens' stuff. But there is no reason to believe they will stop doing this with the offensive players on the roster is the thing, so...yeah, just a roll of the dice it seems to me. And I don't even know if we have an idea yet of who will be playing OT on either side against the Dolphins at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

Chiefs have always had a lot of dink and dunk, screens, etc. It's great when you have space because the defense is terrified of getting owned downfield. Defenses are not terrified this year.

I see why the Chiefs bought into MVS on a certain level (I thought it was a terrible idea all along but whatever). Dude does get open fairly regularly downfield, he's honestly pretty good or at least ok at that. And yeah, you need someone to stretch the field. Then the problems happen.

It still wouldn't be a good season for him but without thinking very hard I can come up with about 250 yards he left on the field because of the obvious drops, running into coverage after he had it beat instead of away from it, etc. A frustrating player to watch to say the least.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Tho these were the Tyrone Willingham Huskies. A good southern high school team probably could have given them a game.

I still don't exactly understand how this guy ended up that bad. He put together a team that Charlie freaking Weis who I do understand how he was that bad almost won a national championship with.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Scarabrae posted:

Seems to me this KC game weather is going to be dangerous and some fans are gonna get some nasty frostbite

The fans won't notice until later after pregaming all day Saturday.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wilderthanmild posted:

Has anybody on field, like a coach or player, ever gotten actual injuries from this stuff? Like you can legitimately lose your nose or some digits in that kind of weather.

I don't know that this has happened in a serious way, but this reminded me of that old story in the Ice Bowl where one Dallas receiver just kept his hands in his pockets if it was a called run play and only took them out on passing plays.

I think our glove technology has improved since then and that won't be an issue here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bip Roberts posted:

It's not going to be -30, it's going to be around 0 at the end of the game, that's a huge difference.

-30 is the reported wind chill, not the temperature. So take that for what it's worth :shrug:

It'll be pretty miserable I'd guess no matter what.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pmchem posted:

if the eagles didnt have an insane diva #1 receiver they wouldnt be purestrain championship level eagles

terrell owens
desean jackson
zach ertz
aj brown

FredEx.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

lol -30 is cold enough to gently caress up the lithium batteries in phones and tablets

It's not actually -30 except in the wind. But I can say the wind is acting up a bit after walking outside for a while. And it's just cold and miserable.

Not a snow game though from what I can tell, just a very cold game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Fat Jesus posted:

I expect MVS will be targeted 0 times.

I don't understand why he gets any snaps...but on the other hand who else is there?

Justyn Ross is a fun joke but no. We've moved on from Skyy Moore. I still think they should just run three TE sets. Sure only one of those guys is a good receiver and one might be ok, but they do mainly catch balls thrown to them perfectly and one of them can block some if you want to run.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sunday Morning posted:

Rice is pretty decent. The depth behind him is dire.

Yeah Rice was the one receiver in my imagined 3 TE offense.

Watson I guess isn't totally terrible sometimes? But he is most of the time. Just rough sledding, like I hate Nagy and want him gone, but I also don't know what he does here to fix anything if he were competent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MikeCrotch posted:

I like how this guy is suggesting Ron Tolberts crew are bad for throwing too many flags when they might have just officiated games where the teams committed a lot of fouls

This is simultaneously almost always the case and also not the case if you just don't throw some flags you could throw. There's a certain point of stuff that is against the rules that maybe we should just put up with.

Not saying this is perfect of course, but there is some sort of penalty going on in every single play because of the overly convulated rules we have. For reasons that I don't understand in many cases, which would be fun to look up.