Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Eagles are gonna lose, aren't they lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Well any team that lost to the 2023 Jets are frauds anyway.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

In terms of football fan experiences, wet is worse than cold by a wide margin imo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm lucky that I have a friend who lets me bum his peacock. <3

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

They traded #12 and #33 last year. And a 1st and 3rd in 2024. That’s a huge haul.

I still think trading up for Will Anderson was a pretty bad move.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I dunno. Having a probowl caliber QB and Edge Rusher secured on Rookie contracts for 5 years is really nice. I think Houston is probably happy with that.

It's worked out for them but they still gave up a QB trade package for an edge when they could've just taken the QB and kept all the picks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The337th posted:

it could be much worse, they could pick QBs like the Jets do and never have a "what if it was even better" hypothetical like this

Well they lucked out that team picking no 1 picked the bust which is something that would never happen for the Jets so I guess you're right. They also hired literally the exact same HC the Jets did except he doesn't loving suck. So yeah.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's very funny that this old dump in a terrible city that no one ever wants to go to is still a better place to watch a football game than met life stadium.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

It is really too bad that it is not still snowing, SMH

This is wrong. Just for the viewing experience on TV, they don't do a good enough job of showing you where on the field they are when it's snowing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

shyduck posted:

Broadcasts have done a better job in recent years leveraging the yellow line system to impose other lines and numbers on the field for snow games

They have a scorebug thing that just says the yard line and they don't put it up 80% of the time. It's interminable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

shyduck posted:

This was a game on Fox in 2021. The numerals are superimposed, and I think the lines are as well but it's harder to tell since the crew was shoveling them periodically. I think this is a fairly recent thing, maybe as recent as 2021.

They did this for the Jets game last week but they weren't on every play and it was very annoying to watch.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kalli posted:

To be fair, there were very few times when we needed to know where the first down line was during that game

Forgot the first down, you had no idea where on the field they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

kiimo posted:

This will most certainly piss everyone off. Got this email from Peacock this morning (reminder I work at Universal Studios)

This poo poo isn't going away