Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jan 11, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan 11, 2024

Jan 11, 2024

Jan 11, 2024

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

as the years go by i like gadgets less and less. bird feet pics sound cool, but i'd rather just have a messy yard full of plants and see what birds show up for that.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

fart simpson posted:

did you submit 35 applications like we did

probably not :(

I know some (most?) teams at Amazon work insane hours but we all kind of got burned out getting ready for re:Invent and CES being the week after everyone got back from vacation didn't help

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

011024 posted:

good god look how old that house looks

they dont build em like they used to op

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

what do we even pay you for rotor

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

missed opportunity to name this thread "CES fuckup megathread" to mirror the secfuck thread imo

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

sorb is what my gf puts in her rebreather to absorb co2. it looks like kitty litter. life saving kitty litter.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

what do we even pay you for rotor

im on break

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor posted:

im on break

what are you, union?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

im on break

my taxes pay your salary pal!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

infernal machines posted:

what are you, union?

international congress of idiot kings local 219

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

post hole digger posted:

my taxes pay your salary pal!

this is no big deal - the USD to roman denarius exchange rate is super favorable rn

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

SO DEMANDING posted:

thanks to nanoleaf now u can have rgb gamer house

this is actually good, you can just put up your lights permanently and just program them for christmas, halloween, or what have you, instead of having bins full of light strings you gotta put up and take down every year

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

well-read undead posted:

missed opportunity to name this thread "CES fuckup megathread"

it's ces, its implied

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what would a ces fuckup even be, beyond maybe killing a tech reporter with your sharper image-rear end product?

making something useful?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
motorola xoom won best in show with a single device, under glass, not powered on. wow, so cool !

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they told a very compelling story

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

they told a very compelling story

and that story was 'eat poo poo, crapple ibad havers :smug: '

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

remember when magazine racks were a thing, and you'd walk past the tech section and every single magazine had had some variation of "ipad killer?" on the cover?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ADINSX posted:

probably not :(

I know some (most?) teams at Amazon work insane hours but we all kind of got burned out getting ready for re:Invent and CES being the week after everyone got back from vacation didn't help

actually i just went back to check. we submitted 58 applications this year lol

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

remember when magazine racks were a thing, and you'd walk past the tech section and every single magazine had had some variation of "ipad killer?" on the cover?

not to be confused with the "ipad killer" that terrorized the bay area for 14 months, sawing off the heads of his victims with a sharpened ipad (2nd generation)

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

fart simpson posted:

actually i just went back to check. we submitted 58 applications this year lol

58 applications should mean 58 wins, i want answers simpson!!!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

what a wild two years

it also birthed qirex.txt

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

well-read undead posted:

not to be confused with the "ipad killer" that terrorized the bay area for 14 months, sawing off the heads of his victims with a sharpened ipad (2nd generation)

one of those “etherkiller” cables, but with a 30-pin dock connector on the end.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

it doesn't yet have the feature of IDing them from feet pics

i can ID people from feet pics without a fancy schmancy AI camera tyvm

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Eeyo posted:

as the years go by i like gadgets less and less. bird feet pics sound cool, but i'd rather just have a messy yard full of plants and see what birds show up for that.

gokarts my favourite dragonball character

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Elder Postsman posted:

this is actually good, you can just put up your lights permanently and just program them for christmas, halloween, or what have you, instead of having bins full of light strings you gotta put up and take down every year

idk most led christmas lights are bad

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Bird Buddy Smart Perch is a connected device that uses our patented AI to identify an individual bird using images of their feet. Users can then name birds and track their activity and migration across the network, gamifying an old hobby and engaging a new digital generation. Our non-invasive approach captures critical data that we freely provide for use in conservation and climate change research.

I've got one of these it's a lot of fun. The image bird recognition is not very good (loves calling stuff blackbirds) but it's cool to take a break from your work day and see your backyard robin having a snack.

e: actually misread I don't have the feet pic version.

distortion park fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 11, 2024

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Man, I'd buy this in an instant but it's missing the KVM their competitors are putting in their panels. So I have to wait.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alienware-32-4k-qd-oled-gaming-monitor-aw3225qf/apd/210-blmq/monitors-monitor-accessories

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

akadajet posted:

Man, I'd buy this in an instant but it's missing the KVM their competitors are putting in their panels. So I have to wait.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alienware-32-4k-qd-oled-gaming-monitor-aw3225qf/apd/210-blmq/monitors-monitor-accessories

yeah thats dope. i dont personally need a kvm so that can go on my someday list

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
$1200 for a monitor in 2024 seems a lil steep

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

is there such a thing as a USB C a/b switch yet? I should be able to connect multiple computers to my thunderbolt dock and just switch between them instead of this whole rigamarole of switching my mouse, kb and monitor over

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

rotor posted:

$1200 for a monitor in 2024 seems a lil steep

it’s the first oled monitor with reasonable specs

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mediaphage posted:

yeah thats dope. i dont personally need a kvm so that can go on my someday list

The MSI version that's flat w/ KVM is coming out next month, so it's not a super long wait. It's a bunch of vendors using the same Samsung panel. Price and performance is likely to be identical.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Bird Buddy Smart Perch is a connected device that uses our patented AI to identify an individual bird using images of their feet. Users can then name birds and track their activity and migration across the network, gamifying an old hobby and engaging a new digital generation. Our non-invasive approach captures critical data that we freely provide for use in conservation and climate change research.

i get an instagram ad for this thing 39 times a day

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

post hole digger posted:

i get an instagram ad for this thing 39 times a day

it's probably the least evil use of AI I've seen so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

oil companies will probably use the data to avoid environmental reviews or some poo poo

now it's evil