Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

remember when magazine racks were a thing, and you'd walk past the tech section and every single magazine had had some variation of "ipad killer?" on the cover?

rip the "hp" touchpad :sigh:

Elder Postsman posted:

this poo poo sucks

lol I can only imagine how shot to poo poo these will be in a place where they sit in the cold for half an hour regularly

Eeyo posted:

one of the kroger affiliated groceries around here put security locks on the cart wheels. i don’t shop there anymore.

bet that was a ces “innovation” at some point

yeah, that poo poo sucks. when I was working carts and bagging at a grocery store, older customers would take the carts to their apartment building a bit aways. they got independence and mobility out of it, we got a happy customer, and we had plenty of carts to spare

the number of times a cart ended up two lots over was low, and we'd do a sort of fetch-and-swap with the neighboring stores occasionally when they'd get ours/we'd get theirs so it's not an unsolvable conundrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU