Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Eeyo posted:

i'm just joking, most likely the nerds at ebird will use it and maybe it'll get some people excited about bird conservation.

what they really need is a monarch butterfly cam or something, not a whole lot is known about individual butterfly migration.

ebird has had in house photo and audio recognition of birds for like five years now. you could diy this feeder toy for the price of a raspberry pi and a webcam and a few hours of work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Eeyo posted:

one of the kroger affiliated groceries around here put security locks on the cart wheels. i don’t shop there anymore.

bet that was a ces “innovation” at some point

those are really easy to steal, you just gotta carry them kinda high over the edge of the parking lot and then you can go back to roll mode

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

post hole digger posted:

if i'm getting groceries delivered, i dont need a cart. i dont think they thought this through

it’s brilliant. main product is make other people buy your groceries. now other people get stuck watching your targeted ads while they buy your groceries

I hope whoever had this dumb idea and signed off of it experiences homelessness for a few years then gets stuck working gig jobs forever