Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ADINSX posted:

The project I’m working on is being demoed at CES and I got roped into doing some last minute data prep for it on Sunday, like an enormous idiot

me too. but i prepared all my demo materials weeks ago ftw

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

qirex posted:

boomer home decor company mcintosh announced a 2.1 kilowatt speaker amp, which will exclusively be used to play terrible granddadrock at reasonable volumes. each of the three boxes weighs over 120 pounds. no volume control, though. you'll need a separate preamp for that, the matching one is $16k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ll_-1kUmrY
only $50,000

when’s yours arriving?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

qirex posted:

lol that you think I like that kind of pedestrian gear, I bi-amp with 4 dan d'agostino relentless monoblocks

nice!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

my recent project just won a "best of ces innovation award"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

personally i agree that its the most innovative box shaped wi fi speaker with voice assistant crap shoved into it that will ever exist

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

if i had wanted to go to ces this year, i would have had the honor of standing beside a speaker sample and having my picture taken with the president of our division of the company. i really missed out.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

thank you.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pinterest Mom posted:

jesus, did they really give out hundreds of those things

yah we've won hundreds of them over the years via the strategy of paying them their $800 or whatever it is per application and just applying for literally everything we make. but yeah thats just the plebian innovation award not "best" :smugdog:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pinterest Mom posted:

INPET is a body composition monitoring device for cats that require health care. These days, cats have a much higher incidence of obesity and other health complications due to an increased amount of physical inactivity.

Through patented customized contact sensors and systems, INPET identifies eight body components, including a cat's muscle mass and body fat, and provides the user with deep insight about a cat’s physical well-being. Wireless communication allows users to manipulate and manage data with their smartphones through dedicated applications – physical adjustments to the device are unnecessary.

my cat would 100% not stand on that thing

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

graph posted:

just look at all these wonderful innovations. wow, so cool!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

well-read undead posted:

ladies and gentlemen we are truly living in the epoch of true innovation

never before has the world seen so many things get fundamentally better at such a fast pace, as the 2020s

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhD4PD75zY

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shaggar posted:

are those CES innovation awards one of those things where you pay for it like a guinness world record or "best place to work"

you pay to apply for the award. i forget how much exactly, its something like $500 per product you submit. and then they ask you to upload several product images, some basic info about the product like when is it planned to launch, whats the retail price, what category of product is it. and then you gotta write up a maximum of 200 words about each of the: engineering, design, innovation, and human security categories and why you think your product deserves to win an innovation award based on each of those categories

i usually copy and paste some of our marketing copy that we already have lying around into those fields and maybe rewrite it a tiny bit to fit the categories better. pretty low effort rewriting tho

and then their council of elders convenes to pick like 500 winners, and then out of the winners they pick basically 1 from each product category as "best"

i think something like 20% of the products that apply win at least the basic award so its not that hard to get a few of them if you shotgun it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

all those awards are basically the same process. ces, red dot, red star, whatever else im forgetting. you pay like $500 and roll the dice to win one

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ADINSX posted:

Oh dang we didn’t win anything :(

did you submit 35 applications like we did

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ADINSX posted:

probably not :(

I know some (most?) teams at Amazon work insane hours but we all kind of got burned out getting ready for re:Invent and CES being the week after everyone got back from vacation didn't help

actually i just went back to check. we submitted 58 applications this year lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

akadajet posted:

it's probably the least evil use of AI I've seen so far

what about the ais that theyre using to figure out if the cow is ready for slaughter via webcam or w/e?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

alley oop