Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ok lets fuckin go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nintendo 64 kicks rear end, its got a ton of fuckin top notch first party games and a small but kickass library of 3rd party games. obvs it loses to psx especially on ports but anyone sayin it sucks is full of poo poo

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Never owned an N64, so I'll sit this one out. Good luck troops

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

like this is th system with

super mario 64
ocarina
majoras mask
paper mario
mario kart 64
goldeneye
perfect dark
star fox 64
f-zero x
all the best wrestling games
rogue squadron
harvest moon 64
goemon
ogre battle

and a shitload of other good games. and there are people here who say it sucks?

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
youd need to have grown up with a gamecube to think the n64 is bad because the gamecube is the actual bad console that only retarded people think has a sizable library of good games but the n64 ratios it with ease

mario 64 > mario sunshine
starfox 64 > starfox adventure
pokemon stadium > pokemon xd
quest 64 > baten kaitos
n64 just keeps on winning

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

thinking about what would be put on the N64 mini that is never going to happen

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Smash Bros 64
Star Fox 64
Bomberman 64 or Second Attack
Turok 2
Doom 64
Goldeneye or Perfect Dark
Tetrisphere
Hybrid Heaven
Ogre Battle 64
Paper Mario
Donkey Kong 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Jet Force Gemini
Mischief Makers
Bangai-O
Sin and Punishment
StarCraft 64
some sports games... idk Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
and more I've forgotten

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Don't forget: Stone Cold 64

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

n64 had a lot of good games but it's controller was terrible imo.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

starbarry clock posted:

the gamecube is the actual bad console

Alright let's not say things we'll regret in the morning.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Fungah! posted:

like this is th system with

super mario 64
ocarina
majoras mask
paper mario
mario kart 64
goldeneye
perfect dark
star fox 64
f-zero x
all the best wrestling games
rogue squadron
harvest moon 64
goemon
ogre battle

and a shitload of other good games. and there are people here who say it sucks?

i could never play 75 percent of those games ever again and not care. 64 gets its back blown out from the ps1 And when the big boy needs a break he let the dreamcast and gameboy team hit it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

n64 had a lot of good games but it's controller was terrible imo.

th controller was really bad but it invented rumble

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i grew up playing N64 (i was 6 when it came out so like, peak age for it) and i couldn't even tell you the last time i replayed an N64 game outside of Mario 64. Nintendo's real sauce has always been in their handhelds.

insane anime posted:

i could never play 75 percent of those games ever again and not care. 64 gets its back blown out from the ps1 And when the big boy needs a break he let the dreamcast and gameboy team hit it

exactly.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

fuckin dreamcast? no way

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The N64 controller is better than the Gamecube controller and it's not particularly close. :twisted:

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i mean poo poo you wanna talk about a system wth no 3rd party support, dreamcast is it, and it doesnt have anythng even close to as good as zelda

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
n64 haters seem to be one of those weird types of ppl that dont exist IRL but are somehow everywhere on the internet. strange phenomena

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Fungah! posted:

fuckin dreamcast? no way

probably carmen alektra and megan the stallion

----------------

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Circle strafing with the C-buttons feels better than any twin stick FPS ever made.

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

lol

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

American McGay posted:

Circle strafing with the C-buttons feels better than any twin stick FPS ever made.

this guy knows where its at blazing through perfect dark levels with the right c-button pressed the entire time for the motherfucking win :santahurr:

optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
perfect dark > timesplitters 2

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's crazy. I remember the n64 having a lot of first person shooters but after looking it up it turns out it had all of them.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

American McGay posted:

The N64 controller is better than the Gamecube controller and it's not particularly close. :twisted:

this is a no brainer. and the N64 controller sucks lol.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I don't hate the N64 but I didn't have one and the only games I'd have wanted one for were the Zeldas so I didn't really feel like I missed out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
playstation gamers gotta hang out with the one pampered preemie type kid who had a multitap. n64 gamers... no such issue. hmph.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

playstation gamers gotta hang out with the one pampered preemie type kid who had a multitap. n64 gamers... no such issue. hmph.

only dude i knew wth a multitaps in jail now. follow the white rabbit.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
If you owned a dreamcast, then at least one of your parents has had to surrender their driver's license.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

uhhhh.... count the names, dipwad. you show me Adam Sessler talking about a "Halo 360" or (snickering laboriously through mouth due to chronic sinus infection) "Metal Gear PS4lid," ehehehehuh, and then maybe you can talk

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I just realized like 5 kids in my small high school friend group had Dreamcasts and that's weird. They talked about Shenmue a lot.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i am trying to think of what non final fantasy games i played on the original playstation and i think it was like... tony hawk and the disc that ported over a bunch of intellivision games.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

insane anime posted:

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My brother and I traded in a metric ton of old games for an N64 and banjo kazooie which, in hindsight, wasn't the greatest investment given we had SNES carts like Chrono Trigger (loving RIP to my kid brain on that sort of poo poo). It's pretty clear in hindsight too that the ps1 fuckin blew it away in quantity and arguably quality in general, but the stuff that kicked rear end on the 64 was just insane and Mario 64 wrote the fuckin book on navigating 3d environments

It was also the multiplayer's choice, as the decision to go with four controller ports was incredible. Perfect Dark with 4 players and 8 bots was insane, especially if you went MeatSims with 100% explosives and watched the fps tank and just pure chaos erupting from retarded bots going kamikaze and running at you like the exploding guys from serious sam

The RE2 port is loving mindblowing and still a decent way to play the game if you want to, and even some of the lesser games were still entertaining as hell. 007: The World is Not Enough may have always been in the shadow of Goldeneye, but it was a solid shooter, minus a loving god awful on-rails level

No Mercy is the best wrestling game ever made and it's not even close, miss my man Blew Gayzer who held every single belt

You also had utterly weird poo poo like Hybrid Heaven that opens with a voiced cutscene where some alien or biofreak dude answers a door naked and gets chewed out by his superior for having his dick/balls out,

also lol at Nintendo forgetting 1080 once existed

Carmageddon 64 lmao

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I had an n64 and it was fun playing zelda and mario and then I went to my friend's house and played mgs and ff7, next time I knew to ask for ps2 instead of gamecube

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

I just realized like 5 kids in my small high school friend group had Dreamcasts and that's weird. They talked about Shenmue a lot.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The fighting games on the 64 though??? Outside of wrestlers and smash bros........lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Good soup! posted:

The fighting games on the 64 though??? Outside of wrestlers and smash bros........lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

HolePisser1982 posted:

oh for real?

sure you want to keep running that mouth?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

The one rich kid at my school had a Dreamcast and I distinctly remember him saying "You aren't mature enough to have played Sonic Adventure 2" at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Good soup! posted:

lol the crop of fighting games was so biblically cursed