Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nintendo never made a bad handheld though, not even close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

wii u's better thn common consensus but its still nowhere near n64, fly away troll

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

wii u's better thn common consensus but its still nowhere near n64, fly away troll

Its got a better Zelda, better MK, Better smash... I mean honestly dude, grow up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Its got a better Zelda, better MK, Better smash... I mean honestly dude, grow up

botw is a switch game, mk8/smash are only better because they came ouyt 20 years later, n64 somehow hs more and better 3rd party games

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i mean i loved my wii u and theres still a couple good games you cn only play on there but drat other than 1st part theres fuckin nothing on there

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWzOevHfYeE&t=30s

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

botw is a switch game, mk8/smash are only better because they came ouyt 20 years later, n64 somehow hs more and better 3rd party games

judge a system by the library of games on it, not what came after port wise

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted:

judge a system by the library of games on it, not what came after port wise

N64 has Battletanx and Battletanx: Global Assault so yes, it’s better than the WiiU.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man i miss miiverse

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Alright this is hype.

----------------

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

N64 has Battletanx and Battletanx: Global Assault so yes, it’s better than the WiiU.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izYSfiq0bHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeGq45XFs50

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

"The army men of tank games"

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

N64 has 3 original Treasure games, Wii U has 0 (1 if you count a Wii title). N64 stays winning.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XXaXXeK9fM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuUyGKbkOMA

----------------

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i didn't know this commercial had a sequel :stare:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fungah! posted:

man i miss miiverse

this

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

man i miss miiverse

the miiverse archive is sacred ground

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

man i miss miiverse

:yeah:

----------------

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skGxMV05xV4

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

quote:

In 2001, a virus has killed 99% of the female population of Earth. Various countries fight over each other's quarantine zones, and end up engaging in nuclear war, destroying much of civilization. The few remaining women (called Queenlords) are held by gangs who have taken over small pieces of the world. The main character, Griffin Spade, had his fiancée Madison taken away from Queens, New York by the U.S. government. Griffin becomes separated from his fiancée, and New York City is destroyed. He claims a tank for his own and sets out to cross the United States to find her, battling gangs as he reaches his goal. After surviving the ruins of New York City, Griffin heads westward gaining recruits in the countryside, Chicago, Las Vegas, and San Francisco.

quote:

On January 13, 2006, the evil Queenlord Cassandra is spying on Griffin Spade's family and orders her troops to kidnap Griffin's son Brandon and kill everyone else. Griffin and his army manage to push back the invaders, but Cassandra soon turns the tables by mind-controlling Griffin's own army. Griffin and Madison manage to escape San Francisco and begin chasing Cassandra across the United States, eventually cornering her in Washington. Cassandra, however, escapes with Brandon to the United Kingdom; Griffin and Madison follow. They build a new army in Europe and chase her through England, France and Germany.

While in Paris, they discover Cassandra released the virus in 2001 to kill every woman on Earth who did not have the power of the Edge. In Berlin, Griffin finally rescues Brandon. They make it back to San Francisco and push back another invasion by the Storm Ravens, and finally corner and defeat Cassandra on Alcatraz Island. The story ends with a cliffhanger, as an unidentified magician finds Cassandra's body and speaks of a "chosen one" as he resurrects her.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao what the gently caress

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:hai:

----------------

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah Battletanx is all about there being no women left and you still being badass enough to have a girlfriend

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao at the battletanx lore

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

coincidentally queenlord is what they called most sega kids.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

mycophobia posted:

Nintendo system ranking (best to worst, judged on non-BC library and system design, Definitive):

SNES
GameCube
Switch
NES
Wii
Nintendo 64
Wii U

Wii U and switch are the best ones lol

----------------

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
the n64 was the best system for multiplayer and fps games.

the ps1 was the best system for long games like jrpgs and driving games.

the atari jaguar.

the saturn was the best system for fighting games and arcade ports.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The 3DO gave us Need for Speed at least, and I don't think even the solid racers on the 64 come quite as close to, say, Hot Pursuit on ps1

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Rush 2 stunt mode, available exclusively on Nintendo 64

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Kins posted:

the n64 was the best system for multiplayer and fps games.

the ps1 was the best system for long games like jrpgs and driving games.

the atari jaguar.

the saturn was the best system for fighting games and arcade ports.

Lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

you use that for your period?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

All the nintendo consoles are trying to power up. Super, ultra, etc. And then the atari consoles just want to be big kitties.