Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

They were tunnelling into the federal reserve to steal all Americas riches. Their heinous plan was called The Heist 2: Electric Jewgaloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

GBS is stored on a server op

GBS was stored on underwater servers in New Orleans for years, why can't it do that but in NYC

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

By popular demand posted:

Not being Ultra-Orthodox I have only been vaguely aware that some people believe that Rabbi Schneerson (1902-1994) is actually the fabled Messiah (they put up flags and stickers but that's it)
but apparently that is a big split in his followers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chabad_messianism

Imma ask around to see what other secular jews think.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Big tunnel energy

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like that tunnel leads right to where Building 7 used to be...

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Franais.
It is where elon musk got his inspiration for his own tesla tunnels OP

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Isn't there something in the Talmud about balrogs? Or was that golems?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/onetallorfour/status/1744719687395500353?t=h4cQJpv-gZGkl4uLh2V0Uw&s=19

lmao

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i heard theres a sick go kart track down there

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Tunnels are really in right now, whether it's fighting guerilla warfare or smuggling drugs/people or studying there's a tunnel for you out there

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

I hope this is real.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Making the best dang BBQ in Brooklyn

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

What are those goofballs annexing now?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lol

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

drilldo squirt posted:

I hope this is real.

Its not

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Has anyone tried paging Urban Smurf to get down there and find out what's going on?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Blood! Hope this is not a child's blood!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Goddamn it I made this joke in another thread and hosed up the actual quote

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Were you thinking of the remake? Although I think that line is actually unchanged.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Prob tried following me into the RE thread.

Jokes on you I'm in a tunnel

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Were you thinking of the remake? Although I think that line is actually unchanged.

No I just went from memory instead of looking it up

E: my memory clearly sucks

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I know those guys!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that synagogue needs a new social media person, think about how many tiktok views an urban secret tunnel project could've gotten

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm really confused who is this other faction that are digging under the Jewish fundies church and why?

They started damaging the temple when the police told them to leave?

What?

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Haha if anyone but white people were doing this it would be a big terrorism, and they certainly wouldn't have been allowed to brawl with the cops fighting over their hole.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

What group or reason were they digging under a Orthodox temple?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

few can resist the urge to dig when the yiddish siren song calls from the depths

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
If they were evangelicals, I would assume they were trying to dig a hole up to heaven.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

I cant confirm and it all seems too complicated for and boring for me but I read that the men made tunnels so they could spy on the womens communal bath area like some sort of Porkys movie

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Wendigee posted:

What group or reason were they digging under a Orthodox temple?

I think i read it was a rival faction of ultra-orthodox jews who have been on bad terms with the chabad since 1994 when their supposed messiah died.

edit: if that's the case then they probably did it so they could spy on or sabotage their rivals.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The headline I saw said they were trying to reach a part of the church that was sealed off or something?

Was this rival group trying to get some sort of relic?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I dunno i don't think all the facts are available yet.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Rival Jews: United by Grates

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

This article seems to have the best summary

https://forward.com/fast-forward/575646/chabad-lubavitch-headquarters-770-tunnel-rebbe-messiah/

Some snippets:

quote:

The fracas Monday at 770 Eastern Parkway in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn began when a cement truck arrived to fill in a tunnel dug by a group of meshichisten. (Meshichisten is the Yiddish term used to describe Chabads messianists, who fervently believe in the imminent return of Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, the Lubavitcher Rebbe who died in 1994.) The passageway was apparently used to dump debris from an unauthorized expansion of the synagogue onto an unused property next door.

Precisely why they began to dig the passageway is unclear. But one member of the community, Mendel G., who for fear of retribution agreed to speak only if his full last name not be used, said the tunnel diggers were trying to bring to fruition an expansion of the synagogue that Schneerson himself had endorsed. He noted that the Rebbe, as Schneerson is known, had placed its ceremonial cornerstone. Financial strain, regulatory issues and infighting following Schneersons death stalled the project.

But a few years ago, said Mendel G., some students took matters into their own hands and began excavating.

The plan has been there for years. Everybody wants it to happen, said Mendel G., 30, who received ordination from the Chabad yeshiva at 770, said of the expansion. It just takes a few people with guts to show that it could get done.

One anonymous but self-described devoted messianist said in a comment to a news story online that the groups actions in expanding 770 are not only justified but are a crucial step in preparing for the imminent arrival of Moshiach. The Rebbe, our dear leader and the Moshiach himself, initiated the groundbreaking for this expansion in 1988, laying down a clear path for us to follow. This was not merely a physical expansion; it was a divine directive, a preparation for the era of Moshiach.

He added that in breaking down the wall, the students were actively participating in hastening the arrival of Moshiach.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

kntfkr posted:

Rival Jews: United by Grates

The Raid: New York Orthodox

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Sophy Wackles posted:

Some snippets:

Thank you that's a little nuts

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 10, 2024

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it was too cold to take the mountain pass, so the rabbi petitioned the fellowship to journey through the mines of astoria where his cousins live

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Crazy cultists break into another cults house, news at 11.

Oh well it's bedtime, guess I'll skip the next riveting installment

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lmao.. I get it now..didn't know Astoria was a neighborhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

The tunneling group is from one of the same insane factions that produced lots of West Bank settlers, so it kind of makes sense that they thought tunneling into and occupying an adjacent building would make it theirs