Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Google is worthless, just AI written articles.

From the west coast of the USA I want to send a full 40ft shipping container to another continent. I don't even know where to get started on this.

What company do I use?
Estimate on how much will it cost? $5000 $10,000?
Once it arrives at the foreign port how do I get it to the final destination city?
Do I get to keep the container at the destination? Or do they just dump my stuff out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Jabberlock posted:

"New" "Cargo Worthy" or CW

Thanks for the posts, very informative.

How much would either of these cost to buy? Once the container is delivered, I would like to keep it as a storage shed.

The container is probably going from Oakland, California to the port of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. My brother-in-law said the company he uses is $9,000 to ship, not sure if that includes the container or just renting the container.

Since I don't have a yard that can fit a 40ft container, looks like I need to find a middle-man. I will be moving most everything I own.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 9, 2024

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Price for a container "The container can range from $1,300 to $6,700 for 20 ft. and $1500 to $7000 for a 40 ft."... that's a pretty big range.
I guess I could get away with just a 20ft container.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 9, 2024