Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

What are you putting in it? Are you moving?

Here's my experience doing that:

My wife and I moved from the UK to Canada. I basically googled like "International removals" or something and got a few quotes from companies. We picked one, and they came to our house and helped us pack up, took the stuff away in a van and loaded it into a shipping container. It went onto a boat which then went to Germany for some reason, the container was moved there to another boat which went to Canada.

Once it arrived (around 3 months later), another local company brought the container to our new place on the back of a truck, and unloaded the boxes into our place.

At the time, I think it cost us about £4000, but this was in 2019 so I don't know what's happened to prices since then.

https://internationalvanlines.com/container-shipping-costs/

This site says up to $7k for a 40ft container but of course it all depends where you're shipping to.

But yeah basically you contact a company and they should mostly be able to do the delivery "door to door", or you can deliver it yourself to a port and/or have your own people pick it up at another port I'm pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU