Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
If anyone is like me, a lot of people can make one link but then the next movie they can't think of anyone else in it, so if you make a link off someone they didn't consider in the film they're lost. There's also tons of trends, like people seeing Steve Martin and putting the 2000s Cheaper By The Dozen, because somehow it's the only Steve Martin movie they know, I assume it's because they watch the streamer posted in the OP that does this and that's the movie he knows? Just a guess, I haven't watched but a few mins of the content in the OP.

Researching stuff is fun, because I found that the director of that movie has a credit in Zombie Nightmare, I haven't been able to use that fact yet but some day it will happen lol. Or like when someone here mentioned getting trapped on a Honey I Shrunk The Kids sequel on a 3rd Rick Moranis and learning that Brian Yuzna and Stuart Gordon have writing credits on those films.

Right now my bans for the Devil Wears Prada include Stanley Tucci because I steer completely away from him at the beginning, but then I nab people into Monkey Shines when they somehow give me a Stephen Root movie. People have thrown Dodgeball at me thru Justin Long, Vince Vaughan and Ben Stiller. He's also in a bunch of Coen Brothers movies and Mike Judge movies. I don't know jack poo poo about Stanley Tucci other than that he's in Monkey Shines and that's enough.

Look at this cheating gently caress, hahaha. I was only prepared for this because someone did the same thing to me already the other day lmao. To be fair, I could say that someone would know Mary Steenburgen is in Dead of Winter because it was on TV all the time when I was a kid but uhhhh I doubt it and you'd just pick Step Brothers or something, not the first result on a google search.

https://imgur.com/a/SlUs94B

https://imgur.com/a/s4MctD9

https://imgur.com/a/PZxxg86

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Sometimes you just have to play something that you know is a bit risky and if you're opponent takes it in a particular direction you're gonna be screwed. But sometimes you get lucky and they don't go in that direction, so it's better than just resigning.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
My new game is just trying to extend things as long as possible by using someone else in every movie I get. Got to 70ish before I outsmarted myself and used a movie I'd already played without enough time to type in something else.

Oddly, the guy got stuck on In the Mood for Love and had to skip it, even with Maggie Cheung & Tony Leung both with a link left and showing up. What a weird hole in the knowledge of someone who somehow knew a bunch of Rachel McAdams stuff

They badly, BADLY need a text only export for sharing this stuff. I've been cheating a bit myself (boo hiss) when someone is obviously doing it as well (aforementioned rachel mcadams movies) but not when they play stuff that actually makes sense.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 17, 2024

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
In the Mood for Love is one of those names that I think a lot of people are just vaguely aware of but they've never seen it or don't know much about it.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

trevorreznik posted:

They badly, BADLY need a text only export for sharing this stuff. I've been cheating a bit myself (boo hiss) when someone is obviously doing it as well (aforementioned rachel mcadams movies) but not when they play stuff that actually makes sense.

I dunno, depends on what 'makes sense' means, I have a bunch of poo poo that makes no sense at all just because I've been doing nothing but playing this and researching random links for 3 days straight. Like I have routes off of Raimi actors, Gene Hackman, Bryan Singer, Viggo Mortenson, Matthew McConaughey etc. I have routes off all the Marvel crap (thanks to some tips in this thread like the Eternals one, since people get there from me linking Salma Hayek to certain films) and they all lead to dumb poo poo. The biggest indicator when I feel like someone is cheating is if they take up almost all of 20 seconds and suddenly have an unrelated link, or they don't look at a cast list, press the extend button and then suddenly have an answer after 32 seconds. Or if they pick some very recent movie when there's tons of other answers they could give if they know who someone is.

I also find really fun stuff like, I got passed back my own Tim Allen 3 on Wild Hogs and I didn't have an answer cuz I panicked and didn't just pick Blow Out or Fargo or something. After looking it up Kyle Gass is in the film and he's in Elf, The Cable Guy, Idle Hands, Evolution and Jacob's Ladder which are all movies I've used to various degrees. I had someone on a Tim Robbins 3 on Jacob's Ladder and they passed it back to me, I had to look up the cast list, saw Jason Alexander and immediately smashed enter on The Burning.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 17, 2024

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Gotta be careful with that though because sometimes you have the answer on the tip of your tongue and it comes to you just in time. It's not always cheating.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Jesus, someone opened with "My Summer of Love" with Emily Blunt as the link, I gave 'em Edge of Tomorrow for action, they used Looper and I'm like sure no problem! They had banned Bruce Willis, JGL , and Paul Dano. I'd forgotten Rian Johnson directed it and escaped after using cast to see Piper Perabo and Coyote Ugly. Messed around a bit, they did the cheesy awful Steve Martin movies, I had to skip again after Roxanne (they went to Spies like us) and then they made the huge mistake of Star Wars Ep 7 and I'd had enough. Yayan Ruhian time. Yakuza Apoc. They skip, I play a raid, they play the other. I go to Iko Uwais, felt like being nice and used Triple Threat instead of headshot so that they can use adkins, jai white, jaa, the works. 35 seconds of rapid fire guessing random titles, none of them action, and they lose.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Managed to do it, lol.

https://imgur.com/a/ldBGVuI

https://imgur.com/a/47uthLg

https://imgur.com/a/pfAGIA8

I've learned to use cast list to look for a BETTER answer towards my routes than simply pinging someone into a movie that I know someone in the film is in. Like, all I remember about Covenant is Fassbender is in it but I didn't wanna use him.

Once again I was hit with not even knowing someone was in a Jon Carpenter film, I didn't know Jamie Lee Curtis has a credit on Escape from NY, like I didn't know Adrienne Barbeau has a credit on The Thing, but it worked out for me here.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 17, 2024

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah she's the voice of the chess computer in The Thing.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

So, yeah, out of curiosity about where some of this recurrent poo poo comes from, watched the most recent youtube video for that streamer in the OP and he does like to use Cheaper By The Dozen. I've also seen multiple people pick the exact same curveball picks he does multiple times, like Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot. I don't really enjoy figuring out a cast person in each of these movies just to be able to play with NEET streamer watchers that just regurgitate things.

Definitely kinda fun to look at movies he picks that I've seen an inordinate amount of times, or ones I unfortunately haven't seen a bunch of times, such as Prophecy 2. Glenn Danzig is apparently in it, I would just hit them with Verotika and cook them. If they somehow pulled Death Rider out of their rear end at least it has actual movie stars in it. Unfortunately the Cheaper By the Dozen to Zombie Nightmare thing only works if they're not clever and don't immediately just assume Cheaper by the Dozen 2 works.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
What'd be a neat addition at the conclusion of the game is if the website generated a valid film you could have played to continue the game. Like if you get three-x'd on Rachel McAdams in The Hot Chick, the website might pop up "You could have played Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, also starring Rob Schneider" alongside the end of game stats.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

drat I just reverse Inside'd someone. They went through Jeff Bridges and ended the chain on The Vanishing (1993). I don't know who else is in it so I just went for the original 1988 Vanishing. They sent it back to me and, well, the only option I knew works is Inside. Also, I happened to have Willem Dafoe blocked as part of a totally different trap strategy.

Won that one!

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

There's a 2008 movie called Loft or The Loft, I forget, with Gene Bervoets in it that counts for Vanishing 1988. I think I remember having someone play The Color Out of Space and that worked but I don't remember the connection? That's easier to get out of. Doing research, The Tenant and Three Colors: Blue (someone here mentioned they know these Three Colors: films, I sure don't) also seem to share cast members with The Vanishing but The Tenant credit is under a different name, might not work.

Heavy_D posted:

What'd be a neat addition at the conclusion of the game is if the website generated a valid film you could have played to continue the game. Like if you get three-x'd on Rachel McAdams in The Hot Chick, the website might pop up "You could have played Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, also starring Rob Schneider" alongside the end of game stats.

I definitely think this would be a fun add.

I'm always learning to do this way too late in the day, but with a director that's been around forever, just do an old movie, and when people hit you back with the director, take some venerable actor in the film and just go from there. I've been doing Harry Dean off of Alien, obviously, but you can also Oliver Reed off of Gladiator.

...I'm kind of developing my own 6 degrees of Joe Spinell. He's in Godfather 1 & 2, Rocky 1 & 2, Winter Kills (this is very specific, only works if they let me get a Jeff Bridges 3 and can't cast list), he's in a movie with Robert Redford, Forbidden Zone gets you off any Danny Elfman, Friedkin via Sorcerer. It's kind of amazing, he's like a trap for every film bro adjacent person.

Alright, I'm quitting for the week after accomplishing this.

https://imgur.com/a/OnIhKUq This guy got to The Avengers without seeing my Harry Dean Stanton ban from A JIM JARMUSCH MOVIE

https://imgur.com/a/4dF9XtV Come on, look at this. I didn't even know Jodie Foster was in Maverick. I'm just a James Garner fan from The Rockford Files and am vaguely aware of some of the his random 90s poo poo.

https://imgur.com/a/9inMuI8 This is the intro of that battle, I was trying to get them to Hangover 2 me because the monkey in that film has credits on Night at the Museum, because it lets me go to Zombie Nightmare (I realize now this would only wind up 2 stars for the director here since I made an unrelated link the first time). They went to that new Maestro movie and I had to look up the cast, that's how I got to Drive from Carey Mulligan and they went with The Notebook lol.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 18, 2024

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I cannot believe you used a monkey to link movies but now I want to link things with Black Phillip despite never watching the horror movies with that goat

And speaking of monkeys, someone hit me with that David Lynch one and we both had to skip. Is there any real way out of that?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

I haven't used it... yet. I'm only aware it exists from researching how to force connections to very specific movies I have a personal connection to haha. I'm not even sure it would work because I haven't tried it yet, the monkey is in the credits on TMBD though. The monkey also has credits in American Pie which I've had people throw at me a couple of times prior to the monkey knowledge.

You mentioning that made me check out The Witch's cast list. Julian Richings is in it, I know him as Death from the Supernatural TV show but he's also apparently in Wrong Turn and Saw 4 if you want to pivot into that stuff from people loving Anya Taylor-Joy so much on here.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 18, 2024

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Their database needs to add the 1966 Incubus starting William Shatner (and co-starring Esperanto) asap! I tried to trap someone by playing The Devil's Rain > [Shatner Movie Response] > Incubus but it wasn't in there.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

WarEternal posted:

You mentioning that made me check out The Witch's cast list. Julian Richings is in it, I know him as Death from the Supernatural TV show but he's also apparently in Wrong Turn and Saw 4 if you want to pivot into that stuff from people loving Anya Taylor-Joy so much on here.

He also gets his face diced into very small cubes in the movie Cube.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Flying Zamboni posted:

Their database needs to add the 1966 Incubus starting William Shatner (and co-starring Esperanto) asap! I tried to trap someone by playing The Devil's Rain > [Shatner Movie Response] > Incubus but it wasn't in there.

hahaha, that's awesome.

I've seen it at least once but I didn't realize The Devil's Rain has John Travolta in it. That's a really, really good pick to get people to from any Travolta film they give me. They'd inevitably Travolta or Shatner back out, if they Travolta out (assuming when I went there they only gave me a movie with Travolta in it, not a direct link) I could hit 'em with Wild Hogs and if they pass it back I Kyle Gass them, or if they get out via Tim Allen or William H. Macy, I'm good to go. Even if they Borgnine out I'd be KIND OF okay.

The Joe Spinell thing is honestly hilarious to me. He has direct connections to movies people have been using all the time in the last few days, I got to it too late but when people were doing the Joe Pesci thing yesterday, on a Joe Pesci 2 I could have gone to Eureka, which has Mickey Rourke and Gene Hackman as well as Joe Spinell, and it's even directed by Nicolas Roeg. Here's another one I just thought of because going 2nd on Meryl Streep has been annoying me and I'm a total dumbass for not banning her sooner, I have been consistenly doing Kramer Vs. Kramer as a response and then they Meryl Streep me again and I gotta pull up a cast list and hunt for something. I finally just blocked her and went directly to Marathon Man like I've been wanting. In doing so, I realized I could hope someone pulls Sorcerer if they're smart enough to avoid Jaws and guess who's in Sorcerer? Joe Spinell.

Another one I'm dumb for not thinking of sooner, people have Tim Allen'd me a bunch of times and it's always those Santa Clause movies, because of my Two-Lane Blacktop follow-up being The Brinks Job, it's a Friedkin movie, and Peter Boyle is in it. Peter Boyle is in all those Santa Clause movies. And my friend just pointed out to me that Peter Boyle is in Joe with Susan Sarandon and I cannot tell you how many times my dumb rear end has just said Thelma & Louise when I see her in a cast list I had to use a lifeline for. AND IT'S A JOHN G. AVILDSEN DIRECTED FILM!!!!! AHHHHHHH

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 18, 2024

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I like that this thread now reads like the ravings of a madman. Which can link to Pi and aronofsky and I have trouble getting back out ...

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
It definitely can rewire your brain. Like, last week when I played for a whole day straight I had dreams about it the same exact way I always dream about a video game when play it for too long. I remember I used to have entire dreams that were basically just X-Com levels.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Sid Haig links to a ton of poo poo. I just drew a game where the guy skipped on Pusher 2 with mads at 3 links and I couldn't think of anything either, so I decided I shouldn't get cocky with stuff like Polytechnique when we got into Villenueve. He used Jackie Brown at some point and I went to Foxy Brown, skipped to me, then I used Coffy, he used all his time and magically knew another movie with both Pam Grier and Haig and I lost. I ended up looking Haig up and he's in Thx 1138, Emperor of the North Pole (Lee Marvin/borgnine) , Kill bill 2, all the way up to Bone Tomahawk and a lot of modern stuff including Rob Zombie for you horror folks.

For a smaller window , I haven't fully mapped it out but you can link all the Korean 21st century output through Song Kang-Ho - JSA, parasite, food bad the weird, memories of murder etc and people will mash Burning and Busan so learn routes out of those.

Edit oh my God, I played last jedi and someone did "sorry angel" and hit me with leprechaun 2 via Warwick Davis. And had Warwick Davis banned. I skipped and he used leprechaun 4. Rip me
I researched and found leprechaun 2 directed did idle hands and an actor was in Austin Powers 1&2
leprechaun 3&4 were directed by the guy who did BMX bandits with Nicole Kidman
Crazy

I got him back when he used Ridley Scott's Robin Hood in the rematch, I cast list and saw sydow and jumped to seventh seal. Watched him panic and try magnificent seven and many others, skip, I used persona, and coasted to an easy win

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 18, 2024

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

If someone passes you a Robert Forster (Jackie Brown) you're supposed to Hollywood Harry them.

Joe Spinell is in it.

Tony Cox is in Leprechaun 2. Just Bad Santa out. They sound like me, I've done the Warwick ban before lol. I'd also be cooked by Von Sydow 1* because, while I can pass him back, you'd probably just 3* me on another foreign film where at most I might know a few titles via director only.

E: oh my god, I am totally loving cracked. I did one this morning on my phone before work. Fight Club going first, Bullet Train. They do the cutesy thing of Sanadaing out with Ring 1998, I 47 Ronin, they... Dreams? They must have gamed this out at some point during the Hiroyuki Sanada meta, but this is a fatal mistake because they've just put me on Kurosawa. Rhapsody in August (a subtle thing happened here, Mifune isn't in this movie), High and Low, Seven Samurai. They... Samurai Rebellion out, thru Toshiro Mifune of course, another thing they've gamed out. But guess what, Toshiro Mifune is in Winter Kills. I Winter Kills them on a 3* Mifune. They Look up the cast list spend their timer spend the castles for another 5 Seconds and pass it back to me. Joe Spinell is in Winter Kills.

It made me curious what cast list is displayed for Winter Kills on cinenerdle because it has Jeff Bridges in it. Anthony Perkins too.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jan 18, 2024

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
For some reason people keep giving me either meg 2 or rogue one today, which means i go straight to SPL Kill Zone and see if they can name any Donnie yen, Wu Jing, Wilson yip or Simon yam movies. Sometimes they can get to ip man but usually not.

One guy managed to get from flash point (which I played after they skipped) and linked to matrix revolutions, I had no idea how he knew Collin Chou was in both. I sure didn't. But those two matrix sequels can take you back to France and Italy via Monica Belluci.

I sure wish fight coordinators worked as links, it's crap I can't use Yuen woo-ping from the matrix. On the plus side, bottoms goes straight to tmnt 2023 (it's very good, watch it) and Jackie Chan is in that along with ice cube, Seth Rogen and John Cena (who I ban)

Edit it is super frustrating to play against people that clearly have a kill shot spreadsheet. I had one chance against them but didn't know an obscure movie for Jeremy irons , so here's what they played otherwise :
Images, Buffalo Bill and the Indians for Altman
The mission for Deniro
Ladyhawk for Matthew Broderick
Presumed innocent and regarding Henry for Harrison Ford
Night moves and the package for gene hackman
Black rain for Andy Garcia
Gone fishin for joe pesci

Ugh that isn't fun. I wish cast was just always up for the top 2-3 credits

Edit having fun helping my wife. She's great at 00s/10s comedy casts and stuff like "enchanted" with Amy Adams. When someone linked wolverine origins to her I screamed for avengment then after the skip ninja. My first ever time I've been able to use Scott Adkins

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 19, 2024

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

...this person absolutely had to be a bot. They gave me Explorers for Ethan Hawke, and when I said a Bucket of Blood, they passed, and when I picked The Raven they went to loving Michael Jackson's Thriller? The gently caress? Yeah right buddy. E: Thought about it more and it's more likely they've just seen the Jack Nicholson thing enough times and I should have picked literally any other Corman movie.

lmao what the actual gently caress. Someone just had a huge long game with me. Re-matched me, I did Pick of Destiny off Fight Club cuz I'm waiting for someone to give me a drat Kyle Gass movie and they... BloodRayne. I think for 2 seconds, must be an Uwe Boll film, I say Rampage. They look at cast list... wait... wait... pass it back to me. I say the other Rampage movie and they just straight up lose. Come on son.

E: Holy crap, I gotta start playing Jerry Goldmsith.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 19, 2024

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Thank you Criterion Channel for streaming Preston Sturges movies. Phew

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Getting absolutely destroyed today. Managed to do a super long one against a guy pulling out nothing but obscure 80s/90s movies with stars, mainly by madly typing in everything I could think of from the same era.

Then lost to someone playing pusher (2012) for wending-refn , I guess that's a remake?
And another loss on some teen beach movie after the dude escaped 20 movies in 80s hong kong with me, because I didn't have a great idea of where to go from Flash Point when I'd maxed out my Donnie Yen/Wilson Yip, so went to matrix reloaded and promptly got buried in Keanu movies I'd never heard of.

Just a whole hell of a lot of obscure movies by mainstream actors lately, I would kill for a variant that just showed cast, because even then you'd still run into crap movies that no one else starred in. This is getting really frustrating, very few people want to play 'name that movie,' it's all killshot setups from the very start and a ton of 20 seconds , no typing, obscure film over and over.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

You guys are running into all the killers, meanwhile

https://imgur.com/a/tFCWwDm

https://imgur.com/a/XSPYtId

https://imgur.com/a/Prmoal5

https://imgur.com/a/gD2lNRg

I should play this less. I'll be back on Sunday.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
You should watch Dolemite is my name, it's really good

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Yeah, that's kind of why I'm having a lot of fun with this. It's given me a whole big list of stuff, so thanks for the rec. I'm also gonna be listening to all kinds of Jerry Goldsmith scores over the weekend while doing chores lol.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Same, haha. I put The Accidental Tourist on hold at the library because all I could remember about it was that John Williams did the music and I won because of it.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Same, haha. I put The Accidental Tourist on hold at the library because all I could remember about it was that John Williams did the music and I won because of it.

Fun, I'll add that to my list of Lawrence Kasdan movies I've never seen that get played a bunch, which includes Body Heat and the Big Chill

I should also watch the 90s/00s Hathaway, Amy Adams, Julia Roberts stuff like princess diaries, devil wears Prada, enchanted, Ella enchanted, love actually, all that trash

One weird one I've seen a bunch today is Thunderbolt , 1995 with Jackie Chan and used as the third lonk. I had never heard of it, same year as Rumble in the Bronx. Must have been on social media.
Anyways, it has
Corey Yuen (righting wrongs with rothrock and biao , millionaires express with them and sammo, d.o.a. with a ton of folks, the transporter with statham)
Directed by Gordon Chan (wrote hard boiled)

D.o.a. has Collin Chou (link to donnie yen via flashpoint and Keanu via the matrix sequels) , Kevin Nash (magic mikes), Eric roberts (batman dark knight, runaway train, famous for being Danny trejos first film and written by Kurosawa), Devon aoki (2 fast 2 furious), Jaime Pressley, and Kane Kosugi. Kosugi is real fun because you can either go to Adkins land via ninja shadow of a tear, or older Cannon ninja flicks via Kosugis dad Sho.

I'm gonna use d.o.a. as my guess movie a lot just for the pure amount of branching.

Someone got me out on a weird cooking movie from 2017, but if I'd been on desktop I would have tried Raging Fire which shares the same guy (Nicholas Tse)

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 20, 2024

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I won a game yesterday with China O'brien, a glorious moment

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Basebf555 posted:

I won a game yesterday with China O'brien, a glorious moment

Lol you would have gotten me with that I bet.

I was shocked today when someone banned Mars. I had to look up which member of the stunt team he was, then go through his filmography. It looks like the two fearless hyenas don't have him, so if you're doing Jackie and get blocked, you can play one of those and go to righting wrongs from hyena 2 (I think). Some people will then go to hard boiled from RW but you can go right back to millionaires express and they're stumped. Another easy way to get to RW is from a pass after you play yes madam on a third yeoh, which you can usually get to if you go with police story 3 supercop on someone playing sunshine or CTHD.

The reason I keep bringing that one up is I just watched an incredible breakdown of it by Eric Jacobus showing two different director styles (one being sammo) and how the cuts are super fast but completely clear, but his action essays on YouTube appear hidden so I can't link them. Argh.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 20, 2024

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Just played one more before bed after saying I was done. Me, open: Bowfinger (this is to get to Zombie Nightmare from Cheaper By The Dozen cuz the streamer fans love going there), The Haunted Mansion, Adventures of Pluto Nash, Christmas Vacation, Vegas Vacation, Vacation 1983, Fletch, OPPONENT PASS, Walking Tall. Only because Mitchell isn't in the database. You pick Randy Quaid and the only Randy Quaid movies you know are Vacation movies? I mean, me too, but you're the one who has to follow through lol.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
You'd think they'd have remembered ID4!

I got crushed two times by people using Pauly Shore and then Rober D'zar (who I never knew was in maniac cop 1/2 with Bruce Campbell). Kudos to those folks, especially the latter who knew a connection to samurai cop that wasn't D'zar

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

A 1* Z'Dar is tough even for me. If someone gives you Maniac Cop and you don't wanna be there, get out through Larry Cohen through Phone Booth to Cellular or something. Statham sounds like more your territory, haha.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Z'Dar is in Tango and Cash with Sylvestor Stallone and Kurt Russell.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Hollismason posted:

Z'Dar is in Tango and Cash with Sylvestor Stallone and Kurt Russell.

Yeah, I had to look him up because I knew I'd seen him in something mainstream.

My wife showed me how she's gotten someone on Randy Quaid, where the opponent couldn't even guess a 3rd Chevy chase and our minds were blown. She had someone realized to open from tomb raider to expendables 2. So I tried that and wow. My plays in a row were : expendables 2, universal soldier regeneration, kickboxer retaliation, flash point, SPL, wolf warrior , wolf warrior 2, SPL 2. I'd seen them all and was ready to keep rolling

My most consistent win is via Casablanca though. I always type M, they always type metropolis, I do cabinet of Dr caligari, skip, i do testament of Dr mabuse. Can use any lorre movie (the raven) to start that up.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 21, 2024

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
You should use, but also definitely watch, The Last Detail for Randy Quaid. Plenty of outs if they skip it on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005