Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm upset because its not recognizing the the anime dub roles Bryan Cranston did. Power Rangers is still pretty effective though.

-Edit Banning Ben Affleck, and Mark Hamill + Joseph King of Dreams + The Guyver is basically unstoppable.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

If you ban George A. Romero (his name doesn't auto-complete), and choose The Amusement Park, your opponent is absolutely hosed. It doesn't help that the release year is wrong, and is based on when it was rediscovered.

Also apparently nobody knows Jeffery Combs movies.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Powered Armor posted:

I did it.

My thought was to ban Frances McDormand and Rooney Mara, then get into Women Talking and hope they give me Dawn of the Dead (2004) via Sarah Polley, but if they don't know anything about DotD they'll often link a Romero movie anyway, which is what happened here. I'm not sure what the best follow up is if they skip The Amusement Park though. Diary of the Dead? Night of the Living Dead?

This is a pretty funny one so I'm going to keep doing it. McDormand has been in a million movies too and people love linking Coen Bros or Wes Anderson so it shouldn't be too hard to get there again. If I can pull this off against one of the trivia lords with a 30W-2L score I'll be happy.

I also had a Renny Harlin-off just before then someone took me to Cobra for the third Stallone, and I couldn't remember the elder Cosmatos escape Basebf555 mentioned here! I find it hard to remember cast lists for movies I haven't seen even if they're used against me more than once. On the plus side, Attack the Block is such a meta pick and one I've used myself so much that I decided to actually watch it the other day. It was great!

It's a good tech for when you need a Nick Frost movie that doesn't have Simon Pegg too.

Martin might be a good out because it has Tom Savini in it and basically nobody else notable.

Speaking of Japan I'm trying to find a path into anime movies. Rinko Kikuchi seems to be the fastest route since she is in Pacific Rim, 47 Ronin (Keanu Reeves), Brothers Bloom (Rian Johnson), and Babel (Brad Pitt). Then you can link the movie Terra Formars (Takashi Miike) to promare. You can also use Hostel to link to Takashi Miike, but that's pretty hard. I haven't managed to pull it off either way yet.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

So I figured out how to get into anime movies quickly.

It turns out Tom Cruise is the key to anime. You can either use War of the Worlds which has Justin Chatwin who was in Dragonball Evolution and has Akira Toriyama as a writer. I think you can also use The Last Samurai who has Shichinosuke Nakamura that was in The Tale of The Princess Kaguya which is a studio ghibli film. I haven't been able to confirm the latter so it might not be in their database.

You can also use Pirates of the Caribbean at World's End and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon to get to Dragonball evolution.

This will also gently caress up the googlers because they'll find the dub cast.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 4, 2024

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

trevorreznik posted:

I feel like voice cast shouldnt be allowed, sorry anime lovers. It's hard enough knowing movie trivia based on people on screen, people off screen is impossible

Btw, 47 in a row is incredible. Do you keep trying the same plays over and over or just go with whatever you see fit? On rematches I almost always try different movies if I just won, just for variety.

I don't think its worse than people who link to some random no budget film z-grade film no one has seen because one of the actors had a minor role in a more popular movie once. Also, a lot of people know voice actors.

Oh and don't understimate the power of using authors for adaptations of works. They are often credited as a writer, so you can use it to jump around to a completely different set of actors.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Powered Armor posted:

Oh, that's what that was. Someone played it against me and I'd never heard of it before. I mostly did Godfather Part 3 starts when I was able to, to get away from the Stallone traps.

I learned a few new escapes today after multiple people tried to kill me with Inside - Willem Dafoe. Get out with Moonwalkers, which has Ron Perlmen in it. Someone escaped from my The Mule killshot with Lowriders, which I'd never heard of but apparently it has Melissa Benoist in it so you can get out with Whiplash or Patriot's Day.

My most reliable skip-burners/killshots at the moment are Harry Brown (Michael Caine) which has Emily Mortimer in it, and Def by Temptation (Samuel L. Jackson) with a ban on Jackson. I won two games by escaping from Saturday Night Fever with Short Circuit too, which was almost as funny as jumping from Air Force one to The NeverEnding Story and then killing with Das Boot (or vice versa).

David Gulpilil is still working well too. Welcome to Australia (2008)!

I use Kite for Samuel Jackson.

Fun fact you can use Frances Bay to get into horror from Happy Gilmore. You can use The Pit and the Pendulum to get Stuart Gordon, and she was also in In the Mouth of Madness.