Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olorum
Apr 24, 2021

This is a movie I definitely need to revisit, I failed to have much of a reaction at all when I saw it and then I read all the annoying reviews and felt like I didn't "get" it.

Agreed on the ending being perfect though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olorum
Apr 24, 2021

Finally took the time to rewatch this and enjoyed it a lot more this time. Definitely helped that I just let the visuals and the sounds wash over me instead of trying to ~analyze~ it. Also helped to watch it on a good screen with good sound as suggested in this thread (I think I first watched it on my laptop lol).

Besides the ending, the favorite moment in the movie for me was the early scene where they go out for a night in town ("There was something very strange about that night"). Galoup enters a club alone, immediately leaves. The boys walking through town in uniform. Later, the boys are carrying each other on their shoulders. Galoup is watching, no longer wearing his uniform. I was entirely hooked from that point on.