Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I’ve watched a couple Kento Miyahara matches, he seems fine. Maybe he can get on my #10 spot if he leaves AJPW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

If All Japan wasn't tucked away in its own little ecosystem I would happily watch it, but it's got the same problem as Stardom (and ROH!) where I hear alot about how good it is but the only way to watch it (live, which is really the only way I want to watch wrestling) is to buy an entirely new subscription on top of others I might have just to watch that and that alone.

Still, Miyahara did REALLY well this year!

If you bought fewer big gold bars as building blocks for your home you'd be able to afford the paltry fee of £4.80/$6.06/AUS$9.32 a month. Because sure, the devaluing yen isn't great for companies in Japan being able to hold onto their wrestlers, but it doesn't mean there's basically never been a better time to watch their subscription services

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is part of a wider issue I have and not specific to All Japan, but it's all well and good to say "it's only <x> a month" except that's <x> a month on top of the <x> a month for some other service and the <x> a month for another service and the <x> a month for another service and so on and so forth, including wrestling but also television services, software stuff if you're doing that too etc. I gotta draw the line somewhere, and right now I've got AEW, New Japan and Wrestle Universe all going (and that's just for wrestling!) and I'm not comfortable adding "only <x>" on top of that, especially if all I get for it is one promotion's shows.

Edit: And just to clarify, that sucks, because I'd love to watch ROH and All Japan and Stardom, though I don't know where I'd ever find the time, but they're just not enticing enough on their own to justify the extra cost. Package Stardom with New Japan, you cowards!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Feb 5, 2024

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Jerusalem posted:

If All Japan wasn't tucked away in its own little ecosystem I would happily watch it, but it's got the same problem as Stardom (and ROH!) where I hear alot about how good it is but the only way to watch it (live, which is really the only way I want to watch wrestling) is to buy an entirely new subscription on top of others I might have just to watch that and that alone.

Still, Miyahara did REALLY well this year!

It's worse than that, nothing on Stardom World is live, it's all VOD aside from PPVs. You do get the PPVs on delay and post-match stuff is subtitled which helps a lot with following storylines, but still a bummer.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Oasx posted:

Unless I’m blind then Chris Jericho didn’t get a single vote, going from #9 to not being on the list at all is a major fall in ranks.

Jericho is nobody's sentimental favorite these days and I don't think he had a single standout match in 2023. He definitely took a back seat this year as opposed to 2022 when he busted out the Lionheart to wrestle Danielson and Moxley.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

karmicknight posted:

my list (in order) with the point total.

Jerusalem posted:

code:
42	Raku			12	My #1
41	Pom Harajuku		13	My #2
46	Hikari Noa		8	My #3
19	Miyu Yamashita		51	My #4
48	Moka Miyamoto		6	My #5
29	Hyper Misao		27	My #6
32	Yuki Kamifuku		23	My #7
26	Miu Watanabe		34	My #8
52	Juria Nagano		2	My #9
51	Ram Kaichow		3	My #10
that all checks out.

Some S T A T S from my list in particular (do your own math too, it's FUN)

code:
42	Raku			12	My #1 	83.3% of score
41	Pom Harajuku		13	My #2 	69.2% of score
46	Hikari Noa		8	My #3 	100% of score
19	Miyu Yamashita		51	My #4	13.7% of score
48	Moka Miyamoto		6	My #5	100% of score
29	Hyper Misao		27	My #6	18.5% of score
32	Yuki Kamifuku		23	My #7	17.4% of score
26	Miu Watanabe		34	My #8	08.8% of score
52	Juria Nagano		2	My #9 	100% of score
51	Ram Kaichow		3	My #10	33.3% of score
I was 30.7% of the total points provided for my picks. (my points provided to my picks (55)/ total points of my picks (179))
I only contributed less that that percentage to 3 of my picks (Miyu Yamashita, Kamiyu, and Miu Watanabe), which is also the same number of picks where I was the only voter for them (Hikari Noa, Main Even Moka, and Juria Nagano).

Can you tell i was looking at J-Ru's old stats posts that prompted me to do this.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

karmicknight posted:

Some S T A T S from my list in particular (do your own math too, it's FUN)

code:
42	Raku			12	My #1 	83.3% of score
41	Pom Harajuku		13	My #2 	69.2% of score
46	Hikari Noa		8	My #3 	100% of score
19	Miyu Yamashita		51	My #4	13.7% of score
48	Moka Miyamoto		6	My #5	100% of score
29	Hyper Misao		27	My #6	18.5% of score
32	Yuki Kamifuku		23	My #7	17.4% of score
26	Miu Watanabe		34	My #8	08.8% of score
52	Juria Nagano		2	My #9 	100% of score
51	Ram Kaichow		3	My #10	33.3% of score
I was 30.7% of the total points provided for my picks. (my points provided to my picks (55)/ total points of my picks (179))
I only contributed less that that percentage to 3 of my picks (Miyu Yamashita, Kamiyu, and Miu Watanabe), which is also the same number of picks where I was the only voter for them (Hikari Noa, Main Even Moka, and Juria Nagano).

Can you tell i was looking at J-Ru's old stats posts that prompted me to do this.

Lol pretty sure I got you beat on the 30.7 reallllll easily

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i voted for ten different versions of Fuckstick Michael from my hometown

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

stab posted:

Lol pretty sure I got you beat on the 30.7 reallllll easily

almost certainly.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Great job J-Ru! Thanks for getting this together.

I did pretty good overall, and while I had high hopes OC might get in the Top 3, I'm happy to see a very deserving Swerve, Eddie, and Danielson at the top of the mountain.

code:
Thread Rank                    My Rank
1	Bryan Danielson		4
2	Eddie Kingston		3
3	Swerve Strickland	7
4	Orange Cassidy		1
7	Kenny Omega		5
8	Jon Moxley		6
9	Hangman Adam Page	2
11	Samoa Joe		8
30	Penta El Zero M		9
38	Jamie Hayter		10

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 5, 2024

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Did alright overall.

code:
Thread Rank                    My Rank		Percentage of Overall Score
1	Bryan Danielson		4		1.3% of overall score
2	Eddie Kingston		1		2.25% of overall score	
6	Christian Cage		5		2.77% of overall score
8	Jon Moxley		7		2.78% of overall score
10	Zack Sabre Jr.		3		6.11% of overall score
11	Samoa Joe		8		2.34% of overall score
12	Athena			10		0.81% of overall score
14	Kazuchika Okada		2		8.11% of overall score
28	Hikaru Shida		6		17.2% of overall score
39	Kenoh			9		13.33% of overall score
My picks did alright overall.

However, I am deeply unsettled that Shida tied with loving Beepee Jr.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

edogawa rando posted:

However, I am deeply unsettled that Shida tied with loving Beepee Jr.

Shoulda done a Cameo

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

7 of my top 10 were in the top 10. I am basic but as far as I'm concerned those guys are there for a reason.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Shoulda been more Rush votes. Is he on Cameo?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm just happy Manders got on there and another person putting him on the list, being the only pro I know personally

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

super macho dude posted:

I'm just happy Manders got on there and another person putting him on the list, being the only pro I know personally

I wanted his blood earlier this year, praying for Big Red to literally murder him, his heel work was awesome

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

Anyways, thanks for reading along all those who have, and thanks to everybody who made Top Ten lists this year! I'll put together a little stats thing in the next week or so, but for now I'm gonna go sleep for like 30 hours :)

Thanks for putting all this together! Looks like an insane amount of work.

Sandman from ECW posted:

Shoulda been more Rush votes. Is he on Cameo?

yes.
and yes:
https://www.cameo.com/toroblancorush

forkboy84 posted:

2024 is the year I convince you fuckers to watch Kento Miyahara, swear to god
I did get to see Aoyagi's triple crown defense against him and loved it. I had promised myself I was going to watch more Stardom at the start of the year, and then after the g1 I had hoped to watch a lot more all japan, neither came to be. Big problem was CMLL having an unexpected boom year and actually trying new things so ended up watching a lot more there than I'd expected. It's a good problem to have, but it also means I don't get to watch other stuff as much.

I was taken aback when doing this by how much AEW I watch. There weren't a lot of AEW guys in my top 10, but if I had done a top 20 most of 11-20 would have been Swerve, Bryan, Eddie, etc. I was all aboard AEW until Hangman lost to Punk and I stopped watching complete shows after that and just catching matches that get recommended here. I didn't think I paid as close attention to them as I actually do.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

excelent work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

My stats:

code:
Unagi Sayaka    - PSP: #50 - Me: #7
Maika           - PSP: #44 - Me: #5