Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

"Mo’Steel posted:

“Five-hundred years, twelve days, and some spare change, Duck,”

For some reason that line has stayed with me for twenty years

You can see some of the same archetypes emerge as in Animorphs:

Jobs/Jake is The Guy. Very important to have A Guy in your book, publishers won’t buy it without one.
Mo/Marco is funny, but smarter than he seems. (They’re funny in different ways, I think)
Violet/Cassie has specialized knowledge and an annoying personal code that made me hate them when I was twelve.

I can see an argument for some of the others, but the cast is bigger here (albeit shrinking)

As a kid i was freaked out by the asteroid scene, double freaked out by the idea of putting a tube down your throat into your stomach (lungs?), and so scared I (ironically) couldn’t sleep by that last paragraph of the first book about Billy.

I am also on team anti-murderbaby, although I only have a vague memory of what happens with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Billy is kind of the Tobias of the group

Stayed in catatonic morph for 500 years, that's WAY over the limit!

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

Strategic Tea posted:

In my mind they were all camping a way away from the ship, and these two have woken up and reported that the ship is uhh not how they left it

I believe this is correct, yeah. Maybe all the mold and the hibernation failure people got better?? And went… somewhere cool and fun?