Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'm enjoying the prose style a lot so far, but yeah the voice definitely does feel quite different from Animorphs and Everworld! extremely lmao at this kid naming himself after steve jobs, it feels exactly like something a 7 year old would do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

the names are so late 90s/early 2000s tween internet that it's physically painful, i love it

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

cordelia didn't even have a funny techno name, no way was she gonna make it

(that was a kinda brutal scene, though, geez.)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

this is heavy in a way i was really not expecting, even from the premise. fascinated to see where the next book goes.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

oh no i don't like that at all :gonk:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

everything about that baby situation makes me feel so gross :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I am enjoying this, but I think the constantly shifting character POV (compared to previous series' one narrator per book), along with the real sense of anyone being able to die, has me less attached to the characters than I was in even Everworld at this point.