Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Basically every sci-fi story from the 60s/70s/80s envisions the Soviet Union lasting indefinitely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Coca Koala posted:

Yeah, same - this series is really swinging into giving you named characters with backstories and motivations who immediately die.

I'm kind of curious to see how this storyline is going to swerve into having kids be in charge - in Everworld it worked neatly because they were a group of 4-5 and had to make decisions for themselves, but here you've got batches of teenagers plus a bunch of adults who are nominally in charge and supervising. Is every single adult in this story going to meet with an untimely end?

you jinxed em

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

triumphant return of the flechettes

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I dunno I feel like if I was on crazy alien planet-ship threatened by alien marauders and my choices were between a ceo and her shithead teen lackey, versus an alien baby and its badass marine protector-mom who killed multiple of the marauders...

let's break out the gerber's you know what I mean?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

oh hmmm, maybe breaking out the gerber's was a little presumptuous

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

quote:

Mother was a Great God, but the Gods were to be feared, not obeyed. A warrior stood strong against the Gods when the Gods turned against the Clan.

hell yeah, reach heaven through violence

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Mo'dib

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Will they change the name to blue neutries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

yeah maybe with some good role models dcaff can wind up alright?