Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
I was a stupid fat idiot teenager that nobody liked. When I was in public I was either stone silent staring sinisterly or drinking too much and acting like Drop Dead Fred, lets not dwell on what made me that way. I wanted to make a hack because it was easy and I was lazy but it wasnt easy it was a bitch and a half and without GeektheMage it never wouldve worked ever cause he made this weird java runtime text compressor/decompressor program that I still have the files for in an old email but it doesnt seem to function anymore so whatever. He's awesome for that. He also wrote all battle dialogue and the opera scene. Throwing the baby was my idea. Im proud of that one.

I did tons and tons of sprites and some gems here and there, fire is natures water, classic. Literally everything else was stolen. Every single line came from like Space Ghost Coast to Coast or Aqua Teen Hunger Force or from goon custom titles which were just movie quotes most of the time. I stole some lines from some comedy write up from Rope Kid, I felt bad about that, but that was the point, this was representing the internet, so of course it is mostly comprised of pirates and stolen content.

Lowtax was relegated to the optional character Gogo because none of this was about him, there were no gods or mods above the goon that stands beside you, that was our way back then, but we turned on each other and the sense of family fell apart. But thats neither her nor there.

I used the bad gay people word a lot because I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry hadn't come out yet and I had no frame of reference that it might be hurtful to others in my manic lonely world of endless seclusion and pain. Im sorry.

i dont apologize for the goatse
the way it sucks you in is art

It was a very very bad time in my life, i am unfathomably lucky to have crawled away and become a halfway decent person. I said I worked on it for 2 years, but a year and a half I was away selling magazines door to door, lets not dwell on what made me that way, but yadda yadda I did some writing for the game in solitary at hopkins county jail, theres a line about peach ice cream that I copied from a Jeff Foxworthy book there.

So I made the thing for purely selfish purposes, just a grotesque self aggrandizing wank not unlike a community play a small town city council puts on about themselves defeating the evil empire of government regulation or some poo poo. TCC was a broken dumb spell that I just clicked everything on, I hosed up the map near triangle island which hosed up other things like the haunted mansion, and stuffed in too much text which hosed up the ending which is kind of poetic that you just do all that work building up to a broken ending of silence.

Anyway Im sorry it sucked and I put a terrible hateful thing into the world that is disrespectful to women and several asian races. I dont deserve the happiness I have gained in my life, but I will do my best to appreciate it and be a better person.

Im very very sorry, thank you.

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is this some front page poo poo OP

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
It was fine.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It was of its time. We were all terrible people.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What's Awful Fantasy?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
A final fantasy 6 romhack with a bunch of ancient SA references in it.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I downloaded it but didn't play it. You should make a multi-part documentary about it on your Youtube channel.
Thank you for your service.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

X JAKK posted:

I dont deserve the happiness I have gained in my life, but I will do my best to appreciate it and be a better person.

whoever has told you that needs to permanently shut the gently caress up

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Awful Fantasy

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

On behalf of all white men worldwide I forgive you op.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
That smiling nacho chip guy from the NACHO?! picture wasnt even me, it was some random Hungarian dude cause I was embarrassed i was too young to grow a real goatee

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I only played a couple of hours of it, but I appreciate what you were trying to do. Weirdos doing weird poo poo with nerd poo poo. Also see Red vs. Blue.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

This is why my contributions to the internet are few and far between. Even at my age I'm not putting all my dumb poo poo out there....most of it at least.

Different time though.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i forgive u op

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

when are you doing the lets play

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I also downloaded but didn't play it. I assume you made some things within that are offensive, but i also have to assume they weren't done in malice and aren't over a line that makes it unforgivable. So it's nice you're acknowledging and apologising.
You don't need to apologise for making awful cringey drivel though, that was what everyone did in their teenage years and formed the basis of this website

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Nah gently caress that. I deserve to die because of my cringe.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Final fantasy blows, much like all anime

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

the real awful fantasy was the friends we made along the way

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

wow, I know the guy made Awful Fantasy but telling him to permanently shut up is pretty harsh

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I think we all did really stupid poo poo back in those days, and you grew just as many of the other users here did. Having never gotten involved in/cared about any goon drama, for what it's worth, I always thought you were an interesting fellow going back to the Olde Times, and while I'm sorry you had to endure the struggles you had, I am glad you are in a better place and have grown for it.

I mean, piss lol

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You probably beat yourself up too much over people ribbing you about it OP. No one's mad, and if they were that would become the laughable part instead

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm not reading all that. I'm happy for you though.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

What this guy said. Going through my own stupidity and selfishness, the first thing you need to do is find a way to forgive yourself for the dumb stuff you did. THEN you can start work on fixing it and moving forward. Owning it is a good start, but you're still a person who has a right to happiness, even if you made or did something lovely.

(Ps this doesn't mean people have to like you or be happy for you, they still get to choose their own stance on you and your stuff)

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

I was an incredibly drunk youth during that time OP so I don't remember it thus you are forgiven

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

I have pretty fond memories of Awful Fantasy. Outdated slurs that I thought were funny when I was sixteen aside, I consider it pretty brilliant.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

What's Awful Fantasy?

Having a dream about the OP

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got to the "World of Ruin" before it started glitching out in hilarious ways. I remember 90% of it being complete nonsense but it was a real labor of love.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i would like to personally apologize about saying retard so much as i used to do

Jan 10, 2024
i would like to apologize about the Discrimination

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

my rap sheet and post history generally tells the story of a deeply unhappy teenager, and later 20 something being a miserable, bitter poo poo before figuring their poo poo out in 2018 or so, which is terribly late in life to stop being a wretched rear end in a top hat, but I got there. A lot of us do eventually. Contrition is good, but forgive yourself and forgive others still on their journey. :)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

paypal me some reparations so we can finally put this to rest

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Honestly I enjoyed it when I played it years ago so

Probably doesn't hold up now though

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
awful fantasy ruled OP

go back and read SA's front pages from around that time, nothing about it was anything more risque and questionable than what we were all already doing

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
ultros being replaced with the hamburglar was funny

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
OP has been holding onto this guilt all this time.

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

The part where you fight the golden retrievers from Lowtax's lame dog articles was great.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
As were FF6 hax were the norms of the day, currently all apologies must be in the form of a ukulele song or the Video Game Company feels sad for releasing an unfinished product but lol thanks for the money anyway losers open letter.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I literally don't know and don't care but thanks for apologizing I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007
I'm also going to pretend I didn't find Awful Fantasy loving hilarious when I was younger, sorry