Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I'm glad my shitass former username was in a completely optional, entirely missable area that nobody probably went to find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Beat my rear end??? Using my rear end??????

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Does this thing still exist somewhere to download?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
To make this thread about me, I apologize for nothing and have done no wrong in my life.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

drilldo squirt posted:

To make this thread about me, I apologize for nothing and have done no wrong in my life.

this is true

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I'm pretty sure I beat the whole game.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
what the gently caress is awful fantasy

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

shirunei posted:

what the gently caress is awful fantasy

Imagine Final Fantasy 6 if you replaced all the characters with forums posters from twenty years ago and replaced all the dialogue with catchphrases and slurs

tbf, as others have pointed out itt, the front page articles were far worse

Nitnen
Jul 29, 2011

X JAKK posted:

stone silent staring sinisterly

im failing hilariously at saying these four words out loud

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Vampire Panties posted:

tbf, as others have pointed out itt, the front page articles were far worse

DEAR MOOGLES: WE WERE WRONG

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

op is also the guy that shoved a pen in his dick and it shot blood like laser beams

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Lister posted:

op is also the guy that shoved a pen in his dick and it shot blood like laser beams

I hope he has learned not to do that in the future.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Life is growth, Lister.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its a lame hack but publicly apologizing for it feels mostly like patting yourself on the back, its not like awful fantasy is a popular or known piece of work. a random romhack being 'self-aggrandizing' isnt a crime and making something that has the fag word in it doesnt mean you dont deserve to be happy ever again it just means you were a moron at some point

Awful Fantasy has not actually caused any real world harm so just go 'yeah that was dumb' if asked about and move on, cause this apology is way more self--aggrandizing than making a bad romhack

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

X JAKK posted:

fire is natures water, classic.
I was actually just thinking about that like a week ago

"we're FINE, Todd. we're just cleaning :mad:"
:mmmhmm:

the idea that the person in the Kefka role doesn't know why the castle is on fire and offers to help, but the person in the Edgar role just finds him so loving annoying that he'd rather let his home burn than continue the conversation is genuinely really funny

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
also the fact that Narshe is just called "Canada"

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i really dont know what there is to apologize for other than some slurs which were everywhere on this site at the time. so what if the premise of the hack is stupid, not everything has to be intelligent and serious. awful fantasy was fun-loving nonsense and there's nothing wrong with that. i dont even remember the slurs, i just remember how fun and silly it was that the first enemy you encounter was a puppy that killed itself instantly

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what charity are you donating to in an effort to make things right, op?

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Endorph posted:

its a lame hack but publicly apologizing for it feels mostly like patting yourself on the back, its not like awful fantasy is a popular or known piece of work. a random romhack being 'self-aggrandizing' isnt a crime and making something that has the fag word in it doesnt mean you dont deserve to be happy ever again it just means you were a moron at some point

Awful Fantasy has not actually caused any real world harm so just go 'yeah that was dumb' if asked about and move on, cause this apology is way more self--aggrandizing than making a bad romhack

I would like to personally apologize about my personal apology about Awful Fantasy, it was wrong of me to be wrong, and i will try to do wrong things in the correct way i should be doing them from now on.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
JEDDITE ALWAYS WINS is burned into my brain and no amount of apologies will fix that

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I called everyone faggots, which was the style at the time.
Yeah the old front page articles are extremely cursed now. Except weekend web, but that was pretty much content from other forums that was horrible. Granted I haven't read that stuff in years so maybe I'm forgetting something lovely.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I never played it but I had heard of it through osmosis, and always heard positive things at the time. It's interesting to hear more thoughts on it come out so many years later

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I sort of feel like a lot of the humor that kicked off in the late 90s started as a deliberately juvenile response to condescending public figures like Tipper Gore telling us to be nice, but by the end of the 00s it wasn’t in response to anyone specific anymore and had intensified to weirdly pointless and sneering hyper aggressive response to literally any earnest attempt at expression.

TLDR: America is a goon that ran some poo poo into the ground.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
That said, I think you’re awful and should be tried at The Hague.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

mysterious frankie posted:

That said, I think you’re awful and should be tried at The Hague.

Looking into it

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
ITT a person experiences personal growth and expresses accountability for controversial works that they feel no longer represent them

Nah man its cool we were all jaded, hateful assholes running poo poo unto the ground 24/7. Remember when GBS killed off the long-running Xmas Advent Calendar adventures because someone discovered the artist did furry commissions?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

ChickenHeart posted:

ITT a person experiences personal growth and expresses accountability for controversial works that they feel no longer represent them

Nah man its cool we were all jaded, hateful assholes running poo poo unto the ground 24/7. Remember when GBS killed off the long-running Xmas Advent Calendar adventures because someone discovered the artist did furry commissions?

SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ChickenHeart posted:

are you also nostalgic for Hellbastard

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I dunno if telling someone who made a piece of art or media that seemingly a lot of people consumed and enjoyed that they're attention seeking when they apologise and express that they no longer associate or feel comfortable with the content any more.

Like if they made some blog post 16 years ago no one read, sure, but this is clearly a well known thing here so I think it's entirely appropriate to do so. God knows people whine for public apologies enough, but god forbid you do it before it's demanded and out of sincerity instead of obligation I guess.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
tbf the opera house baby tossing is still pretty funny

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

are you also nostalgic for Hellbastard

Oh man I practically forgot about them; do I even want to know why they disappeared?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I represent jeff foxworthy on all peach ice cream material and unfortunately I sentence you to 10 years in a siberian gulag

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ChickenHeart posted:

we ought to formally apologize to the furries somewhere prominent, any ideas?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

dsf posted:

True

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

dsf posted:

You all actually played that trash all the way up to that point? LOL

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ChickenHeart posted:

Oh man I practically forgot about them; do I even want to know why they disappeared?

once gbs mods stopped killing people for mild flaming, it became legal to tell the insane skull self-insert man that his art absolutely sucked poo poo, and he stormed off in a huff

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

once gbs mods stopped killing people for mild flaming, it became legal to tell the insane skull self-insert man that his art absolutely sucked poo poo, and he stormed off in a huff

I'll take that over my imagined "possessed an actual human skull collection in their basement freezer labelled with 'missing person' flyers"

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

dsf posted:

Now I want a fully scored and sung version ala the pixel remaster.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Konar posted:

You all actually played that trash all the way up to that point? LOL

give yourself a big ol' pat on the back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

X JAKK posted:

I would like to personally apologize about my personal apology about Awful Fantasy, it was wrong of me to be wrong, and i will try to do wrong things in the correct way i should be doing them from now on.

can i s tart saying the r word again?