Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

whoever has told you that needs to permanently shut the gently caress up

I'd listen to more of their opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

SIDS Vicious posted:

can i s tart saying the r word again?

It’s not a slur if you say it with a Boston accent!

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

whoever has told you that needs to permanently shut the gently caress up

somma us do somma us don't, now do you or don't you?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
and whens the sequel?

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
I think it will be remembered in a historical context as a product of it's time, like Mein Kamph

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

cumpantry posted:

and whens the sequel?

Oh god. Thinking about what this entails is certainly something. It'd need to capture the spirit of how we've grown over the last like 20 years, shitposting on an internet forum. What captures the elder millennial zeitgeist? Wall to wall dad jokes? anxiety about not being cool anymore, mortgages and global warming?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
doubling down on what the damned once declared: the internet makes you stupid

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

It’s not a slur if you say it with a Boston accent!

retahded?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Dixville posted:

I called everyone faggots, which was the style at the time.
Yeah the old front page articles are extremely cursed now. Except weekend web, but that was pretty much content from other forums that was horrible. Granted I haven't read that stuff in years so maybe I'm forgetting something lovely.

Any time I find myself for any reason looking at a 10+ year old archived thread the two things that always hit me is how much we as a community have moved off quite a few slurs in everyday posting (even if there's still some progress to go that can be argued), and how many permabans and unrestored regular bans you'll see per page. It's like wandering down a broken down abandoned carnival boardwalk that even the vampires abandoned.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Unfortunately, spelling it like that actually makes one look r-worded.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Unfortunately, spelling it like that actually makes one look r-worded.

:(

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I know it’s awful.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

X JAKK posted:

I was a stupid fat idiot teenager that nobody liked.

Was?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If he's still a teenager now, he has magical secrets to share.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

He’s grown up into a beautiful rainbow-colored Jack Skellington scarecrow man of great power and dignity.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Nigmaetcetera posted:

He’s grown up into a beautiful rainbow-colored Jack Skellington scarecrow man of great power and dignity.

It's too late to get a bigger role in the game.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Why has no one posted a link? Where do I find this romhack? I never played it.

edit: there was a still working link on saclopedia:
http://justivo.com/sa/awfulfantasy.zip

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
it's like internet archaeology, only instead of gold we're finding dead memes

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

In Japan it's actually called Awful Fantasy 6

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

iirc in the original game Lowtax is called Tina b/c the writers thought it sounded more exotic and mysterious to domestic audiences :pseudo:

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
I thought you still act like Drop Dead Fred? I apologize for bringing it up if you quit recently

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Still fuckin pissed about awful fantasy op

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
There was a spell called TCC that randomly flipped a bunch of flags in the game's code and made everything wildly unstable. It was pretty neat.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

is there any way to kill fragmaster?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

This is kinda endearing. Don't apologize for making stuff you found funny. why you throw chip????

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
for the longest time OP had the distinction of being the only goon to ever actually complete a grandiose SA themed vanity project

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Junk posted:

for the longest time OP had the distinction of being the only goon to ever actually complete a grandiose SA themed vanity project

Non-4chan division.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Junk posted:

my fave one of these was the book barn thread from awhile ago audaciously announcing SA would rewrite Ready Player One. op and crew spent awhile debating whether asians should be asian, a character should be trans or not etc while ignoring the "prose" part. somehow it did not all materialize

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

cumpantry posted:

my fave one of these was the book barn thread from awhile ago audaciously announcing SA would rewrite Ready Player One. op and crew spent awhile debating whether asians should be asian, a character should be trans or not etc while ignoring the "prose" part. somehow it did not all materialize

another fave of mine was when lowtax (i think) tried to get the ball rolling on a co-operative half-life 2 mod where you have to defend a house from a zombie invasion and build barricades and board up windows and stuff, but then promptly abandoned the project when it turned out someone else was working on something similar. i dont think the other mod ever got finished either

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Junk posted:

another fave of mine was when lowtax (i think) tried to get the ball rolling on a co-operative half-life 2 mod where you have to defend a house from a zombie invasion and build barricades and board up windows and stuff, but then promptly abandoned the project when it turned out someone else was working on something similar. i dont think the other mod ever got finished either

lmao if lowtax could have dropped in on the seven days to die train early but didn't because he was lazy and incompetent

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

tbf i dont think the project ever would have happened even if he hadn't seen that cop-out excuse to stop working on it. source engine was a loving nightmare to work with

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Awful Fantasy and Dropsy are the crowning achievements of GBS-related gaming

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

honourable mention to Sniper Wore Converse's d&d threads

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Dropsy is life, Dropsy is love

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

dropsy is a swell guy

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
I would play Dropsy Fantasy

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Awful fantasy was kind of amazing for its time, we were all kind of terrible, fortunately, we got older and tried to be better people, some of us are indeed better people. probably not me, however, because I still think awful fantasy is amazing, but yeah, the homophobia and rascism, less so.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
personally even though it has the g-word in it I still laugh at the concept of "made us allergic to Kool-Aid and now we're all loving dead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

new goon project for us to crash and burn: awful fantasy sanitized edition