Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinkeloid
Jan 6, 2024

Dweller of the
Mythical Oriental Continent
If what you want is just restoring your old pc files, you can try alternative methods like using a ssd/hdd reader(depending your hard drive) and just copy whatever you want.

You may also use OS like rescuezilla to fully transfer your harddrive content to another if you want your entire drive.

If I must make a wild guess on what might be the issue, it could be your CPU pins on your motherboard, they are one of the most vulnerable places that can go wrong.

Troubleshooting your own PC can be pretty f*cking annoying, I've been there.

My previous PC was fried by the unstable power from the previous rented house, and I only found out after I moved out months later, and I went through every component. Troubleshooting the issue is even more of a challenge because the issue was the PC would suddenly stop its power and restarts, at random, when the PC is on for like 4-40 hours(so I cannot tell if I fixed the problem immedietely), after a month of struggling(because troubleshooting is pain and I need to wait for deliveries) I finally locate the issue, replaced both PSU and motherboard because they were both fried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU