Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Omw home to boot up Sonic Spinball

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

if the Sonic games on Genesis didn't have good music, nobody would even remember them.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Omw home to boot up Sonic Spinball

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tmfc posted:

if the Sonic games on Genesis didn't have good music, nobody would even remember them.

insanely bad take

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Putting the console you don't like in the thread title? Typical tld negativity...

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Evil Eagle posted:

Putting the console you don't like in the thread title? Typical tld negativity...

not even sure what this means

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tmfc posted:

They are really bad platformers with terrible stage design so honestly, agreed.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

herculon posted:

Without a doubt. Better soundtrack than anything on the snes also

you are loving crazy

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That said this thread did make me think about my own console history. I was technically a "Genesis kid" but I barely had any games for it and was mostly a handheld and computer gamer at the time. All we had were Sonic & Knuckles (no 1, 2 or 3), the Pagemaster lol and some girl game I sometimes locked on to S&K to play the blue sphere level. I think we got it after the Genesis generation was over and I was still really into the tons of NES games I had at the time. I did have a bunch of the PC ports of Genesis games though. I played through a few SNES games at a friend's house but my first experience with most of the Nintendo made games on SNES were through the various GBA ports they made. It wasn't until I made some friends on GameFAQs and learned about emulation that I spent a full summer playing every SNES classic I could get my hands on and let me tell you, it was glorious. FF6 and CT back to back with like 10 other JRPGs, Yoshi's Island and Super Metroid...just godlike.

The first console I had during its own generation was the N64, and my cousin was over all the time with his PSX. Finally in the 6th gen I started with Dreamcast, got a Gamecube for Christmas in 2002 and a PS2 a year or so later which changed my life. Cousin had the Xbox and all we played on it were the Halos.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Genesis? yeah its loving lame. no poo poo. strap on a fuckin Sega CD and 32X tho... the way its MEANT to be played... mmhhhh yeah, now we're ready for war

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had a Genesis and sold it to buy a SNES which kickstarted my love of JRPGs

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

Genesis? yeah its loving lame. no poo poo. strap on a fuckin Sega CD and 32X tho... the way its MEANT to be played... mmhhhh yeah, now we're ready for war

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I had a Genesis and sold it to buy a SNES which kickstarted my love of JRPGs

lol, genesis kid having to cut off his rat tail before being cast out

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hey, dipshits. The genesis was insanely awesome. (sticks fingers in ears and hums the log song from ren and stimpy)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Nintendo thought that their customer base was so weak and feeble that they added an eject button for their cartridges.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

going to go replay the rtreasure genesis games thanks to this thread :cheers:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Stux posted:

going to go replay the rtreasure genesis games thanks to this thread :cheers:

enjoy McKids or whatever lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Trust me guys... its good!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

That Little Demon posted:

Trust me guys... its good!

Actually, it is. It's SO good that before it was even done they allowed the team to make another game.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
every day is a new low for genesis kids

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you think the snes could render this? youre out of your god drat mind.

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
There is a reason Konami fired those treasure retards

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol, genesis kid having to cut off his rat tail before being cast out

Lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

There is a reason Konami fired those treasure retards

lol konami lining up treasure and kojima and blowing them away, justifiably. Thank loving God.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Stux posted:

lol konami lining up treasure and kojima and blowing them away, justifiably. Thank loving God.

after MGS5 he deserved it. Death Stranding was good though, he needed that kick in the rear end

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Doom SNES port beats the 32x version solely on the quality of its soundtrack

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Stux posted:

you think the snes could render this? youre out of your god drat mind.

lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

nintendo could never

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

The REAL Goobusters posted:

nintendo could never

wow, a book. Congrats?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

wow, a book. Congrats?

compatible with the justifier (lol)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

The REAL Goobusters posted:

compatible with the justifier (lol)

lmao wow, all 3 sections that would even use it!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Somebody get the guys who make plumber games a cigarette and a blindfold.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
give this avatar to genesis kids

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

X. Crement

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

videogames so good they had to throw them into paint tins to get rid of excess unsold stock

sega were weird

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
plutonis sits anxiously, waiting for the "Console Wars: Sega Master System" thread. a storm brews.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ooh! she salted 'em!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

they called it the sega genesis because the next step after asking people to play it was an exodus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I called it mega drive because it was mega and helped drive my gamer career

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig