Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I didn't even know there was a season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Scoot Mcnairy plays the saddest man in the world in season 3.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
s1 >> s3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> s2

Where's season 4 on this chart?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I just want more City of Industry outdoor locations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Homemade Mcgriddle

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I didn't watch or pay any attention to the second or third seasons but I decided to watch this one when I heard jodie foster was in it, even though I seldom think that an actor's presence in something is enough to elevate it and even if I did I'm not really even a jodie foster fan. it just sounded cool to me that jodie foster is doing a season of true detective

*clears throat*

anyway, Poo Defective

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Stew detective because all the actors are blindfolded and try to figure out what they're eating in character

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
bring back Woody!!!!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Just did a huge line of cocaine off a dead Kangaroo.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed Seasons 1, 2 and 3. That gunfight in 2 was one of the best gunfights I've seen, it was like Heat level intensity, super good.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
1 and 3 were good. 1 being amazing.

2 was not good. So many problems. Banger theme song.

4 might be good. But maybe not. New showrunner/writer.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Still on number 3 myself. its not as gripping as 1 but thats an impossibly high bar to clear

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i just started watching season 1 I guess I am a little behind the times, but am on the last episode!!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

Homemade Mcgriddle

lets loving go right now

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I occasionally think of the claymore scene in season 3 and smile.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Season 1 is in my top 3 series of all time.

Started watching 2 and dropped it because I couldn't get into it.

3 more or less escaped my notice at the time and I haven't bothered to watch it.

4 is getting buzz and it sounds like it's worth looking up.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Season 1 had the best intro. I don't really know what creosote is but it's got something to do with spiky heels and a butt so basically i'm super into creosote

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

From the dusty mesa
Her looming shadow grows
Hidden in the branches
Of the poison creosote

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 13, 2024

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

yeah why not i'll watch this

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Icochet posted:

Season 1 had the best intro. I don't really know what creosote is but it's got something to do with spiky heels and a butt so basically i'm super into creosote

It's about a spider

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Waltzing Along posted:

I didn't even know there was a season 3.

You were the main character

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

i just started watching season 1 I guess I am a little behind the times, but am on the last episode!!

Dem tiddies tho

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I loved seasons 1 & 2, liked season 3, and tried twice to get into 4 and failed both times. I honestly thought it killed the series until I found out there was an ongoing fifth season a few weeks ago. And that fifth season? Pretty solid, right from the start :discourse:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Captain Hygiene posted:

I loved seasons 1 & 2, liked season 3, and tried twice to get into 4 and failed both times. I honestly thought it killed the series until I found out there was an ongoing fifth season a few weeks ago. And that fifth season? Pretty solid, right from the start :discourse:

I see what you did there eh

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Season 2 questions:

What's up with the gay cop? Did he actually affect the plot that much? Everything about him was just kind of dropped. Whose baby is that at the end? Is it Rachel McAdams's kid, like from Colin Farrel? Because that really diminishes the reveal of the paternity test. So it must be Vince Vaughan's kid, which would be a nice conclusion to his whole struggle to pass on genes, except that it really seems like it's supposed to be Rachel McAdams's kid. She's holding it, cradling it, wrapping it in a thing....

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I see what you did there eh

Lol, I got so Fargo-brained that I somehow completely misread the title, I wish that had been an intentional joke. Don't drink and watch TV shows while posting about other marginally-similar TV shows, kids :shepicide:

Also I did just learn there's a fourth season of True Detective, so that's something.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

credburn posted:

Season 2 questions:

What's up with the gay cop? Did he actually affect the plot that much? Everything about him was just kind of dropped. Whose baby is that at the end? Is it Rachel McAdams's kid, like from Colin Farrel? Because that really diminishes the reveal of the paternity test. So it must be Vince Vaughan's kid, which would be a nice conclusion to his whole struggle to pass on genes, except that it really seems like it's supposed to be Rachel McAdams's kid. She's holding it, cradling it, wrapping it in a thing....

The baby is Vince Vaughn’s character. He’s been Benjamin-Buttoning himself throughout the show and turns into a baby at the end.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Wtf is wrong with you people who liked season two. That poo poo had awful writing, horrible acting and characters who's story went no where

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Saalkin posted:

Wtf is wrong with you people who liked season two. That poo poo had awful writing, horrible acting and characters who's story went no where

Great shootout scene though in episode 4 or whatever.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Pretty sure I remember that shootout being awful too. My memory has been blocked out from the trauma that show caused

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Saalkin posted:

Pretty sure I remember that shootout being awful too. My memory has been blocked out from the trauma that show caused

Vince Vaughn at his most embarrassing

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

If... I pause... After ever... Second word... It'll seem... More dramatic.

Fucker acting like Stevie from malcolm in the middle

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Season 1 was great, the soundtrack had wu tang and loving sleep on it, all-time banger.

Season 2 was some of the worst poo poo I have ever seen. I don't remember Season 3 because I couldn't loving hear it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Woody Harrelson’s character walking out of the kid murder shack and blowing the creep’s brains out without a second thought is one of the best and most cathartic scenes ever caught on film imo.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I mean, you can really 'iceberg chart meme' season 2. it has:
-allusions to crying lot of 49/pynchon stuff
-golden dawn mid 20th century cult
-lots of egyptian motifs and story beats. season 1 is living men learning they aren't dead // season 2 is dead men learning they are dead, etc. lots of river styx too. the conceit here is that they are in the underworld and are slowly figuring it out through a neo noir lense.
-nick or whoever created it/wrote it said he wanted to include a lot more of the US postal service but it got cut
-he also said he intentionally wrote/cast against type something about the artifice of the world or something. some of the bad acting was explicitly directed to be as such too.
-epstein
-poisoned water as a running motif, communion, etc.

i, personally adore s2 and have watched it many times, and think it gets a bad rap because its so jarring from s1. s1 is amazing like th star wars ot was amazing, s2 is like the prequels and you are all boomers for not getting it man. : p

e: plus the music rules. father john misty, dark mountain and the goat lera lynn.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Lampsacus posted:

I mean, you can really 'iceberg chart meme' season 2. it has:
-allusions to crying lot of 49/pynchon stuff
-golden dawn mid 20th century cult
-lots of egyptian motifs and story beats. season 1 is living men learning they aren't dead // season 2 is dead men learning they are dead, etc. lots of river styx too. the conceit here is that they are in the underworld and are slowly figuring it out through a neo noir lense.
-nick or whoever created it/wrote it said he wanted to include a lot more of the US postal service but it got cut
-he also said he intentionally wrote/cast against type something about the artifice of the world or something. some of the bad acting was explicitly directed to be as such too.
-epstein
-poisoned water as a running motif, communion, etc.

i, personally adore s2 and have watched it many times, and think it gets a bad rap because its so jarring from s1. s1 is amazing like th star wars ot was amazing, s2 is like the prequels and you are all boomers for not getting it man. : p

e: plus the music rules. father john misty, dark mountain and the goat lera lynn.

it's hamhanded as hell. there's nothing to get. the allusions you're talking about are weak imo. it was a mistake to bring on that author. the sub-narratives are BAD.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Everything is fated to come full circle from ironic to unironic, including posting Bravo pizza

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
One of the characters in Season 2 felt like he was killed off because the writers realized they only had room for three character arcs in an 8 episode series

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Season 2 was try hard lame-o. Season 1 was the best with season 3 coming in a close second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
If season one didn't exist, two and three would be pretty well regarded, I assume four will be in the same ballpark. It's unlikely to be atrocious bullshit.