Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

So like were scientists watching that Ferris Bueller scene on repeat or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I'm the lone star beer everyone is drinking... in alaska.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

red19fire posted:

Did Jodie Foster just happen to walk in at the exact same moment the parade scene ran again on the Ferris Bueller dvd 2 days after the researchers disappeared? Or is that particular scene just on repeat on the dvd? Or were they only able to secure 15 seconds of the FBDO film rights and used it twice?

They used that same FBDO scene in the recent Turtles movie as well which I watched a day or so before.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Navarro telling her boyfriend that one of these days his dogs are going to eat him felt like clunky foreshadowing so I bet he ends up getting eaten or bitten by a dog later in the season.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I gave it a chance but I don't like it. I hope all the characters get cancer from their proximity to the poison mine they keep mentioning by the end of the season. And what was with the dead guy screaming in the frozen naked dude pile? Was that supposed to be somebody's hallucination? Cause I'm pretty sure if that actually happened somebody woulda mentioned it.

Nah they mentioned it in the next scene. That guy is currently in hospital in a coma. Jodie Foster wanted to interview him but the nurse on the phone said no right before she went into the classroom

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

**Slash Film article link**

Edit: someone said the link was triggering warnings from their McAfee so I’ve took it out to be safe.

lol here’s the show runner pulling some absolute bullshit out her rear end to explain the AI poster.

quote:

"The idea is that it's so sad up there that some kid with AI made the posters for a loser Metal festival for boomers. It was discussed. Ad nauseam."
When another Twitter user pointed out that the poster doesn't say anything useful about where to attend the concert, she responded, "Exactly! Chat GPT came as we were shooting. So, we were — feeling not kind towards AI." López replied to another post about the issue, saying, "The story behind that poster is so long, it would require its own season of TD."

Chrs fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 23, 2024

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

credburn posted:

While I was reading that site, it forwarded me to a McAfee anti virus site :confused:

Hmm I’ll delete the link to be safe.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Suspekt Device posted:

There's already way too many characters. The only ones whose names I remember are "Navarro" and "Jodie Foster". This year we get the worst season of Fargo and now the worst season of True Detective. I'm still going to watch it though because I suck.

Lol Fargo season 5 was one of the better ones. It was definitely better than that dog poo poo 4th season with Chris Rock

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I like the show but I also like laughing at the dumb bits.

I think it can be both good and a little stupid at the same time

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Buce posted:

i;'ve only seen ep 1 but, but i hated the clunky expository lines like "oh hey, remember how we are sisters and share a traumatic past" or "remember that time of the bad stuff and i'm not your real daughter -- we sure don't talk about it much. Anyway, lets move this plot along."

clunky poo poo

This is exactly why I think the boyfriend is going to get eaten by the dogs.

“One of these days those dogs aren’t going to eat you.”

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

If you’re around 30 you can hack a phone. Even if you’re not really a big tech guy. Everyone knows this.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Saganlives posted:

lol this show is loving bad. it feels like they just tried to (poorly) recreate the vibes of season 1 without any understanding of what made it work

To be fair I don’t even think Pizzolatto knew what made it work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I lolled hard when she went into the research station and they were watching that loving Ferris Bueller scene again