Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

From the dusty mesa
Her looming shadow grows
Hidden in the branches
Of the poison creosote

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Icochet posted:

Season 1 had the best intro. I don't really know what creosote is but it's got something to do with spiky heels and a butt so basically i'm super into creosote

It's about a spider

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The song selection from T. Bone Burnett was sick as hell on season 1

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I don't care for facial piercings

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I'm the lone star beer everyone is drinking... in alaska.

Only 34.99 for a sixer of it in Alaska. It's so good it's worth it though

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

This is the correct assessment of season 2.

This season is going to be a total loving waste of Jodie Foster.

You're a real glass-half-empty kinda fella aren't you

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

How many great lines of dialogue did episode 1 of season 1 have?

I do wish Jodie Fosters character would have said "I'm just a regular type chick with a big rear end pussy"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wasn't season 2 supposed to be about the secret occult history of the United States transportation system?

I remember someone telling me this before it came out but I don't remember anything about dark magic highways

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

Tekken 2 has better CGI than True Detective Season 4

You're sounding like a real hater right now. You're going to be eating crow when this becomes the best season yet

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Matthew McConaughey runs some kind of self help cult now for money

I want nihilist Rust Cole back

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Im really enjoying this season and some of the haters are really sounding unhinged

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

New season of True Detective has worse writing that Blue Bloods or NCIS Portland, Maine. Facts.

My wife liked Blue Bloods

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

far from any road by the handsome family was good.

I heard they originally wanted Ice Spice covering that song for this season's theme but Discovery wouldn't approve the budget

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

LaserPrinter69 posted:

In the directors interview in True Reflective: Under the Ice (the 15 minute post credit show) the director comments on this. She said she originally wanted the scene where Cameron focuses intently on the Sunday Afternoon painting because it has thematic ties to the central mystery, but because of the licensing rights to Paramount and the actor Alan Ruck and the Chicago Art Institute, that shot would have blown the budget. But because HBO has an exclusive licensing agreement for Beatles songs, the producers just kind of shoehorned that clip into the scene, which is why the tone was so awkward.

It's actually a brilliant substitute if you think about it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

no spoilers please
:sweep:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

I liked how they don't mention it maybe because the person who wrote the script does not know how to write and only learned the first 19 letters of the alphabet.

Nobody needs the last 4 letters

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just watched eppie 2. Probably one of the best eppies in the series. Riveting from start to finish. What do y'all think the spirals mean?

E: Also, DAE catch the nod to season 1 with "Tuttle Industries"

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 23, 2024

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

OMG I just realized that Rust in season 1 mentions alaska and this season takes place where? IN ALASKA :eek:

You just reminded me that the hippie lady that sees ghosts was married to Travis Cohle. I always thought it was Cole but the subtitles set me straight hehe :hehe:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

huh posted:

I have enjoyed both episodes. You haters can jump in a lake.

:c00lbutt::respek::c00lbutt:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

Yeah, and the crazy thing? That's Reggie Ladoux!!

No spoilers please

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jimlit posted:

shut up dad

Get his rear end

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Why did the ice man scream but nobody ever acknowledged it. Is it like Rust Cohles season 1 visions?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I heard that Alexandria D’Addario’s tiddies make a ghostly return in the final episode.

No need, by the looks of last eppie Jodie's still got it :grin:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oldstench posted:

See, it's obvious now why people like you seem to like this crappy season; you're not paying attention at all. They specifically mention that dude is in the hospital in an induced coma and can't be interviewed until later.

Sorry I don't have the ability to replay the eppie, I watch on live cable

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Smugworth I’m reporting every post in which the word “ep*ie” is used.

Lol sorry that's just how us zoomers talk old man

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

They’re all ghosts

:ibadpop:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

kind of an extreme take tbh

The opening isn't bad either

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I just looked and it's a shame they didn't keep T Bone Burnett to pick the music. The season 1 soundtrack was freaking epic. But I'm sure this one will be just as epic!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

go smug yourself fuckworth

Queuing a sixer

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

Relying on flashbacks is a hallmark of brilliant television.

season 1 was almost entirely a flashback

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I just remembered I watched the movie Galveston which was also written by Pizzalotto and took place on the Gulf Coast in the town I grew up in

It sucked rear end, thank goodness they got Issa on board for this season of TD

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

She was great in Panic Room alongside Kristen Stewart, Forest Whitaker, Jared Leto, and Dwight Yoakam

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

It's Issa Lopez. Issa Lopez is the idiot.

I didn't want to have to do this but personal attacks are just too far

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pig labeled 3 posted:

I think she's a visionary. There's no imagery more pro-female than a pile of exposed dead weiners, and the dance homage to Napoleon Dynamite was inspired.

unironically

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

"Whoa!! Is that a polar bear?"

*BLAM BLAM BLAM*

Polar bear drops dead

Mysterious man takes off his sunglasses and parka hood.

"You must be Jodie Foster. Nice to meet you. Name's Hart. Marty Hart Senior."

*WINK*

Now you're getting it. Have fun with it. Don't be so uptight

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm getting pretty excited. I bet episode 4 next week will be a doozy. Maybe a one-shot take of Danvers and Navarro raiding the factory where they make the reverse-aging serum? That would be siiiick

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You think they'll play a hockey game with the dude cube in the middle? Could add a whole new facet to the game

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

credburn posted:

So is the season good or bad? Because everyone is just making GBS threads all over it.

I think it's been great so far. Best season in years.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Finally caught the latest eppie. Anyone catch the "quid pro quo" reffie? :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oldstench posted:

Yes. And it was ham-handed as poo poo, much like everything else in this show. Reference is not the indicator of cleverness that people seem to think.

It's just a reffie bro